It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Informal poll - What's your strangest paranormal experience?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The most notable experience I had was in the early 90's. I learned that my grandmother had died in FL. A deeply religous woman...I admired her...Alzheimers had robbed her in her last years. Anyway, went to sleep that night obviously thinking about her. Couldn't sleep....all of a sudden I heard singing....low at first then louder. Sounded like a a group singing. The tune became obvious...Amazing Grace. At the funeral a couple days later, all of the visitors started singing the same song at the graveside. Won't ever forget that.

Also, I when I was about 14-15, I had a period in my life where I would dream everything before it happened. In one instance, I was invited over to a friend's house. I had never been there before. When I walked into the house, I remembered it in a dream, except there was blood all over the walls. My friend's mother talked to her new neighbors shortly thereafter and was told of a brutal killing in the home. Wierd. When I turned about 16, the dreams went away and have never returned.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I have had two of what I call pretty significant things happen and believe me - I didnt go looking for them.

First. July 10, 2002 at approximately 12:30 a.m. while travelling home with my friend and my brother on his 18th birthday we came to our normal crossroads. While approaching the crossroads we saw a car coming straight at us and we were going to make a right. Well the vehicle appeared to be coming at us but the closer we got to the crossroad the more we realized it was just sitting there about 200 yards from the intersection. We didn't really think anything of it until I noticed it must have been a large semi-truck because it was about 5-6 feet off the ground. At that time the lights rotated upward basically like looking at a car if the headlights were vertical. They circled around one another twice and then formed one large beam. We drove off really fast and this was witnessed by myself, my friend and my brother all of sound mind and judgement.

Secondly and the most strange.

I was approximately 13-years-old and was at my mothers house with my brother (15) grandmother, grandfather, father and mother working on the new house. Let me be frank - my family is religious and doesnt believe in paranormal stuff. A little history of the area - The property was purchased in what we believed was a vacant lot in the country. Upon the summer ending and fall beginning my parents realized that about 75 yards into the nearby woods was an extremely old log cabin. Approximately 150 years or better. Anyway, throughout fall and winter the cabin is clearly visible but during the summer months its covered. Anyway back to the story. We were working on the front porch light at dusk, when my father turned the light on and then off I saw my mother turn pale. The entire family turned to see something that I will remember the rest of my life. There were two people clearly wearing wedding apparell and facing away from us, at the entrance of the house. We turned the light on, and back off again - they were there only they had moved from the entrance of the house closer to us. After repeating this process several times we decided to go into the house. We prayed about this and it was never saw again. YET none of my family will deny what we saw. My mother later in my life shared information with me that that she discovered through a story of neighbors that a wealthy man at the time had built this cabin for his son and daughter who were to be married. Apparently she had cheated on him the day before their wedding and he killed her and committed suicide. Both were supposedly burried in the wooded area behind my mothers house. Both graves were also allegedly robbed for jewelry sometime after. Anyway, these are the two most insane things that have happened in my life. I can take pics of the cabin if anyone is interested - although the last time I tried that I got close to the cabin (no one has ever been in it, its falling down badly) I was stung by approximately 12 hornets. I wonder if that was just bad luck or a sign.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread, and while I haven't got the time to relate my own experiences, I thought this was as good a place as any to ask... does anybody know why Alexander Tau went from FSME to banned in the space of a week?

Just curious. We polygons are an inquisitive sort.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I had also noticed he was banned and was curious.

Does anyone have any information on this and I appologise for adding to this thread.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join