It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second chance for Denied Members?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just had a friend register for ATS membership and decided to check up on her status this morning.......to discover that she was denied.

Now before I go any further........I respect the decision that was made.

My concerns lie here........I am unfamiliar with the registration process(being admitted prior to the institution of the policy) and as such, couldn't really help walk her through.....not that I imagined I would have had to. I am vouching for her capacity to be a contributing member, which is why I'm even bothering to inquire.

And my inquiry is this.........can there be a second chance that doesn't include waiting a million years(or 1month, as I believe the standard is)? Her registration was for the contribution to a particular thread on which there is an active experience in and her contribution there would have been relevant.........

[edit on 11-6-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No hard feelings MemoryShock,

But is she at all still intersted ? Doesn't seem to be from what you are mentioning ?

Can she contribute to other threads ? Or is it better to free up her member ship for someone that will participate, be involved and appreciate the opportunity ?

Hmmmmmmmmmm- Tough call !

Be thinking about you !

Good Luck in your final decision. Don't spend too much time thinking about this though- Make a decision and move forward either way !

Truth

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Of course she is still interested and she can be a contributing member........hell, at this time of day, I don't even think she knows whether or not she has been accepted.......

The issue is not whether or not I or she wants her to be here, it's whether or not the mods felt she was a serious candidate for membership........this thread is intended to maybe offer a second opinion on her ability to post seriously and effectivily as opposed to the possibility of her causing trouble as a troll or a spammer, which is why the registration process was decided upon..........

Originally posted by thetruthisoutthere
Good Luck in your final decision. Don't spend too much time thinking about this though- Make a decision and move forward either way !

There really is no question as to my position........I would accept her as a member and put the onus on me should she prove me wrong(she won't). I'm hoping to achieve a second look at her initiation.........

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was trying to change my nik here, as I am undergoing an internet change.

But, the wording of the box that wants (this is after-knowledge) info when read with lysdexia, i thought it was a non-mandetory submission - so I did not say anything about myself.

Wrote a mail via the board and explained it, but never did get any response from that. Huh.

So now the nik I changing to sits also as "denied".

.........."Or is it better to free up her member ship for someone that will participate,"'...........

Um, heh, I really don't see a forum having a max capacity of members allowed, the fire marshal won't burst in and tag the server rack for too many members. MemoryShock has vouched for that person.
I am curious tho, where do you get in the post that the person wishing membership is not interested any longer?

Any way, my addition to your thread until mods see you is just saying that if I did not get a response from a board email, their system may be once denied / screw any contact after.

(Yours, hopefully, is a different story, as I keep running into it with several mods just don't like dissedents such as myself.)

Misfit

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The truth we have no idea. Until someone that handles that logs on, an answer won't be coming.

Just because we're mods, doesn't give all the answers.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thank you, intrepid.........I shall be awaiting patiently..........

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
denied?

Did she try to register with a free email? I think those are all blocked

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have no idea why she was denied, but I can tell you what get's many applicants the thumb's down: Not saying anything in the part where you are to say a little about yourself and why you want to join the Motley Crew of the H.M.S. ATS.

If that be the case here, maybe she should reapply, and not leave parts empty!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I have no idea why she was denied, but I can tell you what get's many applicants the thumb's down: Not saying anything in the part where you are to say a little about yourself and why you want to join the Motley Crew of the H.M.S. ATS.

That's what got me. But, in a dyslexic mind, that writing is understood as added info if ya want to add it.

Nevertheless, my board email, via contact, stating what I had done / who I am / what I am doing - went unreplied.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

That's what got me. But, in a dyslexic mind, that writing is understood as added info if ya want to add it.

Agreed with TC -- reapply, say who you are, and why you're adding a new name. You might also say you'd like the old account banned or locked.

Nevertheless, my board email, via contact, stating what I had done / who I am / what I am doing - went unreplied.

"via contact" sounds unusual. We don't grant requests from someone about another account because we don't know WHO is asking. Or if they're trying to pull a joke on the other person.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Everyone should have a second chance. My two cents.

Any word on her status yet?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Byrd,

I explained who I was and who I was attempting to change to within the email. I did not use the contacts to simply make another submission, if that was the impression.

I can't re-apply and still use that nik, the board software does not allow it, it just replies with the statemt of that nik is already in use (but that nik is from my attempt for it, listed denied the day I first attempted, and still listed as denied).

Thnx

Misfit

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
denied?

DOH.......*smacks forehead*.......she has a hotmail account.........thanks Lysergic......Sorry for wasting anyone's time.....

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I used hotmail to register. I have a few non-free accounts but I don't like to use them unless I have to.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is like the mafia, where a new member has to have an existing member vouch for them.

Just remember, MemoryShock, if she messes up, as the vouching member you get capped as well.

Forgetaboutit!!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I used hotmail to register. I have a few non-free accounts but I don't like to use them unless I have to.

........I should have known it wouldn't be so easy!!!!

I'll investigate Thomas Crowne's angle as well........btw......thanks for the help all........

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

as the vouching member you get capped as well.

Just broken legs.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What name did she try to register?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Yes...it clearly states on the member application that ALL FREE Email accounts will be denied. This was very problematic for me getting into this site, for my main email is yahoo.
I wanted to be a member so bad, I got busy with my ISP email addy, and the only stuff that that I do from there is all ATS based. It was'nt that hard......really.

I understand the NO free Email accts policy.....sheesh, anybody anytime can get a hotmail or a yahoo (or several) and that just opens up this place to the worst kind of trolls on the net, like one person that actually posts as 11 differant people

Hey any MOD want to look into the fact that in my attempts to actually join ATS....I tryed severall times before I was given a password that actually worked. I was looking up the names I had TRYED to join as...and would'nt ya know? I found 5 member names that are NON active posters, that actaully belong to me.

Does it matter those names are listed? Should somebody delete them? I am active under THIS nick, and have no plans to activate the other ones......maybe its ok that they just sit there, but I want to check.

u2u me if you think they NEED to be removed and I will tell you the names.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

[edit on 11-6-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'm going to u2u that info to you kinglizard..........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join