It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton - what were aliens doing in the woods?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I haven't quite made up my mind whether or not stories of alien encounters are real. I read the Travis Walton experience on his web site - much more mundane, but also more believable, than the movie Fire in the Sky.

In reading his account, it would seem that something the UFO was doing injured him, and he woke up as the alien doctors were treating him. Nothing in his story indicates the aliens were violent or meant him any harm - he just over-reacted to meeting an alien for the first time, and predictably reacted in a violent way. Did abduction stories only start to become violent and intrusive after the movie 'Fire in the Sky' came out?

Some of the questions I have about this incident are what were the aliens doing in the forest when the humans encountered them? They were doing something with the beam, and that's how Travis Walton got injured - but what was the beam, since no trace of it's effect was found on the ground?

Why did Travis Walton flunk his lie detector test the first time around?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Here is a link to his web site
Travis Walton
I find myself skeptical of his reports as do many others.
Here are some links
Travis Walton Fact Sheet

The Final Test

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Imagine how you would react the first time after you finally find out you are not alone in the universe, I'd probably be excited, but some would freak out. The encounter with Aliens would be enough to Unnerve them, ANYONE!

The attribute of fears manifests itself into the most extremes. He was walking in the woods, alone. Now take yourself and imagine walking alone in the woods, now as you are you start to notice things, not too much at first but enough to give you an edgy feeling, suddenly you hear louder noises, as if something is getting closer to you, your fear manifests itself into what could be happening when- You see it. You notice Things that resemble nothing else ever, those creatures that once you looked at them you would lose all control and would fall to the ground like putty. Once you found out all of it. But that is not the beginning of it, lights, huge ones are being lowered, you are out of commision so you don't notice it at first, then you awaken to find Aliens examing you, why? You didn't know, you hoped they were friendly and were not going to do anything but you didn't know.

CEoTK- The worst-or best- kind of encounter. You didn't know what was going to happen.

What exactly happened? Was it a lie or the truth? We'll never know. Polygraph tests are severely inaccurate, seeing as how someone who is naturally afraid or nervous, maybe the experience made him severly paranoid, or maybe he was lying the whole time? We won't know, we won't ever know unless they, as in the Aliens, assuming they exist reveal themselves to us, and that may never happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A professional interrogater would be able to quickly asses if he is (or at least believes he is) telling the truth.

Eventually we will need to employ these type of experts, just like crime fighting agencies do, if we want to be able to distinguish between credible witnesses and con artists.

Its not rocket science - it just takes a little collective money and willpower to make these things happen.

Why the Disclosure project does not effectively weed out unreliable witnesses I do not understand - it only confuses the matter.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's all a conspiracy. There was no UFO, anyone can lie and not feel different, it just takes a casual glance, although Women have a higher chance of failing the Polygraph test). I still feel that all Polygraph tests are wrong. To truly determine what is er, true and what is a lie you need the evidence, no one else saw the UFO, so it would be an easy way to help a pal out. I've never known about an encounter where people simply converse with the Aliens, which is why I have a problem with it. It doesn't make any sense, every single time someone gets close they are abducted, wouldn't by now they have had a reason? Think about it, I'm sure they would understand humans by now. I don't know of an event where people actually talk with the Aliens, if they were here to help wouldn't that be useful? Tell us how to solve a problem, like Cancer or AIDS/HIV. Why wouldn't they? Because he was lying.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You should all have listened Travis Walton on Coast to Coast AM recently. It would have made you understand the sincerity of Travis and the authenticity of what happened to him.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You should all have listened Travis Walton on Coast to Coast AM recently. It would have made you understand the sincerity of Travis and the authenticity of what happened to him.

Did he have anything new to say that isn't on his web site? What impressed you the most about the interview?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Travis Walton:

Your right he did flunk the first test then passed the other two as his logger friends did (only they passed all three LD Tests).

See Rendlsham 1980 (Col Halt; Sgt Penniston) for a possible answer to 'what they (EBEs) were doing in the woods at Waltons's time of encounter.

The light?, cant say perhaps a sort of laser beam. Fire in the Sky had only a little input from Travis Walton's real story.
Fire in the Sky was a Science Fiction Movie, I think T Walton's ordeal was much factual. He Apparently is or has released a book on his true experience.

Dallas

Dallas

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There's a reason polygraphs aren't admissible in court. As I've said in a previous thread, I met Travis Walton at the sneak preview for Fire in the Sky in Philadelphia many years ago before it came out. A friend of mine sat next to him during the playing of the film, and he said that during the abduction scenes, Travis was fidgiting and acting very uncomfortable.

Now anyone's guess is as good as mine. It's a 50/50 shot. Either he's lying or it really happened to him. Until he comes out and admits it never happened, I'm going to say I believe his story.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

See Rendlsham 1980 (Col Halt; Sgt Penniston) for a possible answer to 'what they (EBEs) were doing in the woods at Waltons's time of encounter.

One thing I don't like about researching UFO stuff is that is seems like you always have to buy something to find out the answers!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Somebody posted some time back wondering why people weren't all believers. It is people like Travis Walton that make it that way for me. He may be the sincerest guy in the world, and "may" have "actually" had an experience, but ... And it is a big but (no fun intended) all the inconsistencies in his story and the reality, the failing of a lie detector test that he should not have failed, tend to all detract from his credibility as a subject.

There are, unfortunately, enough of these inconsistencies in many of the supposed incidents that they tend to drag down and obfuscate the sincere, and perhaps, real ones.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why were ETs in the forest? If you were an ET trying to sneak up on humans to abduct and experiment on them would you do it in a large human population zone where more eyes, cameras, and weapons are available to be used against you and compromise your secrecy or would you attempt to find humans isolated from other humans such as in a forest setting?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Heh Heh - old fashioned lie detectors!??

We now have far more sophisticated ways to determine if someone is telling the truth.

You think thats what they use on terrorists? - think again!

As for Walton I have no legitimate opinion - his story doesn't make too much sense from a Human perspective - but who knows what truly motivates an EBE?

Also we try to stereotype their behavior when there could be a large range of different factions within them.

What makes some Humans drive pick up trucks and smash mailboxes?

Just plain ol' curiosity and boredom I guess...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi. I may be completely wrong about this, but it was my understanding that the aliens crashed their ship into the forest.

BTW, i'm a newbie and it's nice to meet all of you.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Why were ETs in the forest? If you were an ET trying to sneak up on humans to abduct and experiment on them would you do it in a large human population zone where more eyes, cameras, and weapons are available to be used against you and compromise your secrecy or would you attempt to find humans isolated from other humans such as in a forest setting?

I was thinking maybe they were out picking up animal and plant samples. If you read his experience (and not the movie Fire in the Sky), the aliens actually treat Travis Walton quite well - my assumption after reading it was they were providing medical treatment after inadvertently injuring him.

Or perhaps they needed some element to utilize as fuel, and they went to a nearby planet with said element to obtain some.

top topics

join