It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four acquitted of 2002 Kenya hotel suicide blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It appears the four men on trial for the 2002 Kenya blast have been acquitted. The prosecution failed to make any links between them and al Qaeda. Needless to say, Israel is not happy about this.

Four acquitted of 2002 Kenya hotel suicide blast

By Wangui Kanina

NAIROBI (Reuters) - A Kenyan judge on Thursday acquitted four men charged in the 2002 suicide bombing of an Israeli-owned hotel that killed 15 people, saying prosecutors had failed to link them to the bombers or al Qaeda.

"The prosecution has not established that the four accused persons were at the scene of the murder, nor that they had met the two suicide bombers and there was a pre-arranged plan between them and the suicide bombers," Kenya High Court Justice John Osiemo said.

The lack of evidence was such that prosecutors should not have accused the four, who faced 15 counts of murder, he added.
www.swissinfo.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hmmm... no comments. Where are all the folks screaming that al-Qaeda did this? I guess there's not a lot of hot air to expend when the truth comes out: NO PROOF. Nice try at a false flag action, tho.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Where are the Folks?

I guess you Shut them Up!

When nobody answers to your posts, it means they agree with You.

"Silence means - YES!"

Question: Who then is behind the "Suicide Blast"?

Mossad?

[edit on 10/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Question: Whe then is behind the "Suicide Blast"?
Mossad?

That's what some claim. I do not have proof, so its best to not to accuse. But, it really seemed to me, from the moment it happened and subsequent round up of those acquitted, that it was a false flag op. That was my gut feeling, anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Meir Amit, when he had been director of Mossad, later insisted "we are like the official hangman or the doctor on Death Row who administers the lethal injection. Our actions are all endorsed by the State of Israel. When Mossad kills it is not breaking the law. It is fulfilling a sentence sanctioned by the prime minister of the day".

Nice article - interesting read.

Rense.com

[edit on 10/6/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thx for the link. I read that long ago.

What do you see a possible Mossad motive to be? Ratcheting up the al Qaeda fear? More distortion of threat?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Question: Who then is behind the "Suicide Blast"?

I said it once and I'll say it again....The RCMP. Oh yeah!
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police! Yup, you know it without a doubt.

it really seemed to me, from the moment it happened and subsequent round up of those acquitted, that it was a false flag op. That was my gut feeling, anyway

I know sometimes gut feelings are hard to explain and put into words, but why did you think this? Nairobi is known for bombings....the Embassy for example. What was different about this one?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This acquittal means absolutely nothing. There will be defeats as well as victories in the war on terrorism. You argue that it is a Mossad false flag operation; one could argue that it is complicity between the judge and terrorists to free the four accused, with as much plausibility.

At almost the same time, a missile was fired but missed an Israeli airliner leaving the airport in the nearby Kenyan resort town of Mombasa. Three others have been charged with conspiracy in that case and a ruling is expected later this month.

Another false flag operation orchestrated by Mossad?

Osiemo said there was no evidence connecting the defendants to al Qaeda, save calls between their mobile phones and that of a still-wanted suspect believed to be a top al Qaeda member in Kenya.

Yes, they were completely innocent.

"For two years, my father has been tortured. But now he is out and I am a little bit happy. But, inshallah (God willing) God will avenge them," said Saidi, Rogo's 10-year-old son.

A hint of things to come?

ECK, I realize that my views and your views irt terrorism may not always coincide. But it almost seems like, without proof, you are sitting in the tent with the terrorists on this one. You arw willing to explore the possibility of a Mossad operation; you don't seem to want to look at other possibilities, such as just a poorly handled prosecution. Slick defense lawyers hobnail even the best US courts; why not Kenyan courts as well?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I know sometimes gut feelings are hard to explain and put into words, but why did you think this? Nairobi is known for bombings....the Embassy for example. What was different about this one?

When your gut's more right than not, it's a good indicator (tho it's never proof). Look how much Americans have relied on Bush's gut instincts.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I looked at that case, and a lot of other things have come and gone since. I remember there were a few things that really spoke to me about it. Like the explosives used.. possible motives of certain entities.. footprints.. alotta smoke blown w/little proof coming from investigators.

So, back then, my gut was right in questioning the veracity of investigators claims.

[edit on 6/10/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This acquittal means absolutely nothing.

Well.. it means the prosecution has NO case. So, in the court law, for the defendents it absolutely means something. This is the pattern we have seen played out repeatedly since 9-11. Lots of accusations and barely anything to back it up.

The Bush administration has yet to show the American people and the world any proof whatsoever to prove their claims regarding who was behind 9-11. How come nobody remembers that? B/c the media has allowed that fact to vanish like whisps of smoke.

Remember, the burden is on the prosecution.

As I've said before, I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. That's why I asked my fellow ATSers what are the possible motives?

ECK, I realize that my views and your views irt terrorism may not always coincide. But it almost seems like, without proof, you are sitting in the tent with the terrorists on this one. You arw willing to explore the possibility of a Mossad operation

I don't know if you've read the entire thread, or just hopped on. If you had, then you would know I did not even mention Mossad. It was brought up in a later post. I merely reported that the case against those framed was thrown out.

That means someone out there, who is roaming free, was responsible. For all I know, it could have been a black op done by some CIA-controlled asset? What we do know is that it was not the guys they fingered and tried.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

This acquittal means absolutely nothing.

Well.. it means the prosecution has NO case. So, in the court law, for the defendents it absolutely means something. This is the pattern we have seen played out repeatedly since 9-11. Lots of accusations and barely anything to back it up.

I should have said, it proves absolutely nothing irt their innocence or guilt. You've been around, you've seen the Teflon Dons walk time and time again. To say that this acquittal proves their innocence is very naive.

The Bush administration has yet to show the American people and the world any proof whatsoever to prove their claims regarding who was behind 9-11. How come nobody remembers that? B/c the media has allowed that fact to vanish like whisps of smoke.

Let's not muddy the waters with a sidetrack. I already acknowledged that our views differ irt terror. I won't be drawn into a Bush-bashing sidebar. Start another thread.

As I've said before, I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. That's why I asked my fellow ATSers what are the possible motives?

OK, pressure on the juge and/or corruption/complicity with terrorists. Poor prosecution. Those are as valid as CIA/MOSSAD false flag ops.

I don't know if you've read the entire thread, or just hopped on. If you had, then you would know I did not even mention Mossad. It was brought up in a later post. I merely reported that the case against those framed was thrown out.

No, you didn't directly bring up Mossad, but you were beginning to walk down that path. There is no proof they were framed.

What we do know is that it was not the guys they fingered and tried.

This is where we differ in our conclusion. I suppose OJ was innocent also?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What we do know is that it was not the guys they fingered and tried.
This is where we differ in our conclusion. I suppose OJ was innocent also?

No proof. No case. Defendents walked. End of subject.

No, I believe with every fiber of my being that OJ was guilty. Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No disappointment here. I would have expected no less (or more) from your "logic".

top topics

join