It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush pledges patriot act II!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Who here has had to make any changes or has had their rights stepped on and can trace it back to the Patriot Act?

Me for one. I value personal privacy for my family. I dont take my daughter to the Library anymore. I dont visit websites that flag me. I have changed my banking habits. Lastly, I live in a low income Co-op. If you make mere than 35,000 usd a year, you cant get in. If you start making that money or more after you have moved in, they cant do anything aboiut it. Anyway, it is now a HUD run Co-op. Now, once a year, I can either fill out recertification papers to live here or I can pay an extra 50 usd on my rent every month. I chose to pay the amount because on the recertification papers specifically say on them that information gathered, ie. bank account numbers, stock options, just about every personal tidbit of info, is gathered under the authority of the Patriot Act.

I have had to change my way of life since the Patriot act was introduced and so have many others. Most people just dont see the gradual change that is taking place before them.

[edit on 6/19/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by dbates
Who here has had to make any changes or has had their rights stepped on and can trace it back to the Patriot Act?

Me for one. I value personal privacy for my family. I dont take my daughter to the Library anymore. I dont visit websites that flag me. I have changed my banking habits. Lastly, I live in a low income Co-op. If you make mere than 35,000 usd a year, you cant get in. If you start making that money or more after you have moved in, they cant do anything aboiut it. Anyway, it is now a HUD run Co-op. Now, once a year, I can either fill out recertification papers to live here or I can pay an extra 50 usd on my rent every month. I chose to pay the amount because on the recertification papers specifically say on them that information gathered, ie. bank account numbers, stock options, just about every personal tidbit of info, is gathered under the authority of the Patriot Act.

I have had to change my way of life since the Patriot act was introduced and so have many others. Most people just dont see the gradual change that is taking place before them.

[edit on 6/19/05 by Kidfinger]

great post

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychevolvedApe
Well, hell Im so sick of just sitting here with my thumb up my ass. 40 years ago to date many many young men and women were TAKING TO THE STREETS, FIGHTING FOR THE CAUSE OF PEACE, AND ACTING ON THE TRAVESTIES OF OUR LEADERS! Yes, it is time once again. Afghanistan, Iraq/Iran, now Isreal?? # most americans don't even know we are bombing some of these nations...1968, U.S. Armed forces bombed the entrance to Vietnam along the Ho Chi Mihn Trail in Cambodia to block the commies from entering SV from the west. Guess what?? This suttle attack against a nation that was not involved triggered riots, fear, near anarchy back home. Yes it was a time for a New American Revolution. Take a peek out of the curtain and into reality. First the Afghans, why? Osama Bin Laden and Al Quida (a bush sr. funded group). Did we get him after the year stationed there, NO. Next Iran, why? Well the dictaror known as Saddam was cheating the votes, brought to justice? Yes, but more damage has been done there trying to find him than he would have EVER done himself...Then Iraq, Why?? TERRORISM ooo scary terror..boooo!!! Those insurgents will bite your hand off or run airplanes into TOWERS!! (hey, bush YOU did that..remember? Cause I DO!!!) Now Isreal...WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY... this is insane I WILL NOT TAKE IT!! OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA WE ARE LIVING IN A TWISTED FASCIST NATION!!! The Third American Revolution will begin!!! WISE UP AND RISE UP WISE UP AND RISE UP WISE UP AND RISE UP!!!!!!

I respect your Patriotism, you did get Iraq and Iran backwards though. Everything else I totally agree on. However I'm afraid it's too late for another Revolution as the average American is lazy, doesn't like to use their brain, has no open mind to anything. I hate to insult my country like that I love with all of my heart but they watch the Government lie to them over and over, polls are showing that Americans KNOW what's going on, They KNOW they're being lied to and most of them choose to watch Football instead of care.

The average American is so brainwashed from movies that it would take some sort of Hero, a true leader to wake people up, but the problem is there is no free press so how is this person going to get the message to people? He would probably just get arrested before he traveled through one town. The day of the hero is dead and our national soviety will be soon.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by NoJustice]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes, it makes me SICK. We are just going deeper and deeper into corperate fascism, soon all liberties will be destroyed and I will wake up one morning with the CIA at my door for this VERY post! Freedom of speech will be censored and any slander against gov. officials, EVEN IF IT IS TRUE, will be brought to the false justice we see everyday. Yes, we do know what is going on, its like when your dreaming and you know your dreaming, but cant wake up. WAKE THE HELL UP!! I can't watch my nation fall apart, if I have a say in it. BTW, there are many many organizations fighting against this very cause, the best way to commune with the best amount of puplicity is the internet, unfortunetly, we are paying the same corperations whom run this fascist senate and house in order to do so... Its a loop, and I WONT jump through them any more!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The internet doesn't work anyway. The average American thinks of any conspiracy theory on the internet as some nutcase who doesn't know what he's talking about. I would even say the majority of people on ATS do not believe the U.S. Government is corrupt even though it's right in front of their faces.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJustice
The internet doesn't work anyway. The average American thinks of any conspiracy theory on the internet as some nutcase who doesn't know what he's talking about. I would even say the majority of people on ATS do not believe the U.S. Government is corrupt even though it's right in front of their faces.

Well, it will become all TOO real and by that time it will be TOO late, World leaders always have ALL of their bases covered...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join