It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush pledges patriot act II!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...
Is it me or john titors 2005 civil war is comming a reality.SO whats your say Americans?

Mod Edit: Fixed Link

[edit on 9-6-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Link posted not working.. at least not at this point.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
warthog911,
Need to fix your link there.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You mean this?

www.cnn.com...

The little freak beady eyed monkey is at it again. I'm trying to get more details about what 'further' changes are taking place relative to the first patriot act.

In the article:
"He (Bush) said the Patriot Act has been used to bring charges against more than 400 suspects"

Such BS.. Did we need the 'help' of the patriot act to bring charges against all these 400 suspects? I doubt it.

Also:

"Bush said investigators on the case said they never would have even had the lead if it weren't for the information-sharing powers of the Patriot Act."

Further BS.. We didn't need something like the patriot act to set up 'information sharing'.

Some good links:

www.daily...-------------------------/source-docs/patriot2draft.html

www.eff.org...

www.aclu.org...

[edit on 9-6-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, let me understand this, 400 “suspects” meaning probably cause found but no charges, now in order to find these 400 “suspects” are more law abiding citizens that had been abuse by secret probing of their private affairs.

So under Bush is ok, to go after anybody including law-abiding citizens.

Now this will include also violations of civil rights against Americans.

So Bush emphasizes that in the name of “national security” The congress should disregard the abuses to law-abiding citizens and make the “civil rights violations under the patriot act” permanent.

Right, we should give our liberties and has the constitution burn because Bush got 400 “suspects” using the patriot act.

Fantastic, absolute power for the government but is ok we got 400 “suspects” is worth it.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i support the Patriot Act like for example wat happened in California with the arrest of the suspected terrorists where one of them lied about wat he did in Pakistan and later admitted to being in an Al Qaeda camp training and it aint to give presents to children like elves, also the father knew wat his son was doing and even provided the money knowing the consequences of their actions.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OK, give the FBI and CIA rights to bypass your rights, no judges involved. Does anyone else see the big red flags waving?

They need to rename the act "The Paranoid Act". All joking aside, I can feel the air moving up here from all your rights being sucked out the door.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
OK, give the FBI and CIA rights to bypass your rights, no judges involved. Does anyone else see the big red flags waving?

They need to rename the act "The Paranoid Act". All joking aside, I can feel the air moving up here from all your rights being sucked out the door.

as long as im not a terrorist i have no concern about my rights being violated, in ani case it was their choice to go to an Al Qaeda camp and become an honor student of Osama University. he and the others committed treason.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well technically isn't he just pushing for the renewal of the first Patriot Act? Patriot Act II is something different isn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

as long as im not a terrorist i have no concern about my rights being violated, in ani case it was their choice to go to an Al Qaeda camp and become an honor student of Osama University. he and the others committed treason.

Another one of the sheeple, has no concerned about his rights being violated!
OK, don't want the hear you whining later.

[edit on 9-6-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

[

[edit on 9-6-2005 by valkeryie]

awww thats too bad u cant handle the talking and just ignore me tsk tsk. dats yer choice.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Kind of like the "McCarthy Era" of politics, isn't it...

Kidding aside, the Patriot Act has done more to make the Constitution look like the burning of the Reichstag than any other single act that has ever come out of the White House. Not much of a surprise when you consider that a lot of the highest echelons of Nazi Germany wound up working for our government after WW 2...Check out Project Paperclip for further details.

awww thats too bad u cant handle the talking and just ignore me tsk tsk. dats yer choice.

Basically, all Valkeryie is saying is that: When the new SS come break down your door, put you in a cell & use brutal interrogation methods to make you talk about all your friends & family so they can get locked up too...And they strip you of your citizenship so that you have no Rights to legal process or to even inform anyone of what's happened to you, just don't come whining about it later because You've Been Warned that it could happen while you did nothing to prevent it beforehand.

...Of course, that presumes that they'll even let you near a computer to come back whining in the first place...Which won't happen...

[edit on 10-6-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Exactly the problem, they are using this law like they used to use the Rico Act, to bypass people’s rights and do things unconstitutional. AND I don’t mean just on terrorists, they have made that definition so broad that now a domestic criminal may be labeled a terror suspect and have all their due process and civil rights bypassed. They can bypass them to do surveillance on you just because they suspect that you have done something amiss, and they no longer need a courts or judges approval to do it.

In other words DeltaBoy, if you commit a normal domestic crime and they suspect it, but cannot get a judges approval they can do it now through these laws bypassing the normal chain of civilian authority and say you are being watched over a Home Land Security issue. Just posting to a board like this might have you in their surveillance network by now, this still not bother you?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know, I'm a writer, and I have stuff up on FanFiction.net. Crap like this means I have to watch what I write, because if I write about a terrorist attack, then DHS will be watching me because they THINK I MIGHT be planning something!

You sheeple really want that?

I just hope "they" know that I never, EVER intend to commit any terrorist acts. Of course, "terrorism" has such a broad definition nowadays....

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Now we got something about Korea and nuclear weapons. Is this just a fabricated situation, so the government can say "Look, see how dangerous it is out there. We need the partriot act."

What did I hear Bush say today "...Community of Nations..." ? Something like that.

Troy

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

thats just it, you dont care a dick about your civil rights. you dont care that they could just investigate your entire life without a jduges approval, or the 4th amendment.

individually it DOES amount to nothing, but globally it amounts to EVERYTHING.

if u investigated me you would get bored. but if u investegated all, you would have tremendous power in the control of life. I do not support govs control over my life when they are the same that cause the situation.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its hard to take in all that is happening in this country right now. Alot of changes that are taking place, underneath our eyes. Even the ones that are able to see what is happening are unable to do anything, because it takes alot more people to create change than are willing to do so. We need a huge uprising of people in this country to stand up to this administration, but sadly only a handful are willing to do so. I see nothing but brainwashed, tv hipnotized zombies that care to do nothing more than watch american idol, and feel comfortable with whatever laws are passed, thinking that its going to make them safer

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
House votes no on Patriot Act provision
Lawmakers line up against government use of library records

WASHINGTON - The House voted Wednesday to block the FBI and the Justice Department from using the Patriot Act to search library and bookstore records.

Despite a veto threat from President Bush, lawmakers voted 238-187 to block the part of the anti-terrorism law that allows the government to investigate the reading habits of terrorism suspects.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Good move by the House. Nice to see US citizens privacy concerns being championed instead of surrendered in this climate of engineered hysterics & artifice.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I saw something about this. Imagine if you were reading a conspiracy book and got hauled in for being being involved terrorist activity, even though you were just seeking knowlege.

Troy

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
In the beggining law enforsment targeted Iraq desendants or looking people and put in about over 10,000 in Iceolation cells (Watch 'UNCOVERED'), none were convicted, and ten thousand is just the number they had untill they stoped telling us.

I think they told us just to let us think that they were doing something

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join