It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women turned tough & independant, Men, turned soft and silky smooth...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Men need women and Women need men, it's just nature and it's supposed to be like that. But you better believe Men and Women are also different!!! That is what's so cool about it though. Both sexes need to realize those two simple facts frist or it will never work.

P.S. Sparky, good post, I was waiting for the Single Mom to squash that statement. I was raised by a Single Italian Mom who raised me and my sister after 2 Dad's failed their part. So I know a side of women that a lot of guys don't. If the single mom doesn't give up, she'll become a woman who know's what's up and will tell it to ya straight. I also think that because of it she is more of a complete woman today and has a great marriage now because she knows who she is.

And as we all will admit to, the most sexy thing about someone is their confidence in themselves, and their ability to be comfy in their own skin. That you can respect!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
YAY, now it's our turn to B!tch about the dumbest things, stay at home and watch the kids and not work anymore while the ladies go and screw the world up!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Pretty boys with a closet full of shoes and soft milky skin shopping all day.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think guys should get away with being beer belly, pizza stained wife beater, plumer crack, belching trolls. But when the article was talking about guys using skin cream and moisturizer, that is just a bit frilly for a man isn't it?? Even as equal minded as I am men still have to be men. Sean Connery, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Nick Nolte ya know....Can you imagine Clint (Dirty Harry) having to stop and moisturize before he kicks some @$$. It's unthinkable?!?!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
As a man, if i get confused on what to do, i just remember the patron saint of manliness.

John wayne.

Ahmen! God bless and keep his soul.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hopefully the pendulum will stop in the middle this time around. We've been through the male dominant era and are entering into a more female influenced civilization which if not careful could become a female dominant era. If we can strike a balance and stop "dominating" all together then I think we'll be on the right track. There is a lot that men can learn from women. To be considerate and non-violent, at least as a first plan of action, to try to find a compromise or agreeable solution to a problem before reacting out of anger. The desire to look well-groomed at least in social situations. Learn that they don't always have to be the hero, but it never hurts to be a gentleman. Women, likewise, have plenty to learn from men. The ability to see things from a logical perspective instead of reasoning based solely on emotions. Appreciation for the low maintenance approach to life. Learning it doesn't take 10 coats of makeup and stiff, sticky hair that takes an hour to style to look good. It's in the attitude far more than in the actual looks. And above all, to deal with problems or desires straight forward. The whole mental manipulation for pleasure psychology of women is the most distressing of our qualities.

We are not prizes for the opposite sex at the end of the game, we are meant to observe, learn from, and appreciate the differences between the sexes. We were given traits, that in their natural state, compliment each other and complete the circle. As the idiots we are, though, we try and "fix" each other and just end up upsetting the balance of things. Thus, we end up with categories like the one in the article.
I love the physical strength and simplicity (not to imply stupidity) of men. I admire the quiet yet fiercely unsinkable determination of the women I have know. We are all equal and completely different from each other at the same time. And it's just perfect!

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Then Fury, if you can get respect through your actions, so be it. But never assume that any woman needs you for emotional security. That silly notion has cost many men......alot.

I gain emotional security from taking care of myself. Having a home and guarding it, defending what is mine, thinking and spending time by myself. Developing perception and awareness. Things a man can hardly provide..........

If you want to be what you consider manly, then go for it. Just remeber everyone ticks differently. The world can ahrdly be fit into a square hole and pgeonholed, nither can males and females. Some people dig it, sme dont. But by the end of the day, its about who still stands on thier own.

Independance is not a manly thing, its a human thing. Women need to strive for it as much as men. Independance means individuality. Indidviduality is formed through perception and experience, and choice.

Thus independance is just as desirable in females as males. However some men are simply too weak to handle this, because they need underlings to fawn and beg them for security. Thus, thier dependance on the subervience or weakness of another, is, in itself, weakness.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Not everyones ultimate goal in life is independance. If I had to live my entire life without depending on someone else, I would feel pretty lonely. Men and Women were made to compliment, help each other, not to strive to prove we don't need each other.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well, I dispatched several minions to the History of Estragon Memorial Archive and all records confirm that I was born in a dark suit with a plain discreet tie about my chubby tot's neck.
However, I am mindful that in the past -e.g. Elizabethan times -in Western culture, it was men who were the fops and dandies and in many other cultures it's men who get the feathers and body-paint.
Also, we recall the peacock and the peahen. Perhaps it's a cycle and we're rolling back.
I confess there will always be exceptions: for every Renaissance dandy there was a black-garbed Puritan and Estragon still occasionally succumbs to the notion that any male who shows any interest whatsoever in what brand of soap he uses is on the very brink of effeminate collapse. Indeed, excessive washing per se may be the mark of genetic imbalance.
But maybe the chaps are just "coming out", as it were.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is nothing more repelant than a man with no sense of grooming or hygeine. Bad stench is a passion killer, a beergut a sign of neglect and laziness, and no attempt groom and iimprove ones appearance is truly the sign of bad breeding in a man. Makeup is a bit too far, as makeup on a man makes them look like women. mancures are silly on either sex, i dont understand the fascination with nail decoration. However, soap, cologne, exercise, and grroming are the hallmarks of a male with some appeal.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
independance is a pipe dream.
you're dependent on people no matter what you do to escape it.

you can be the most skilled person in the world, but when it comes down to it you will depend on someone for something.

so what's the big deal about independance?

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
YAY, now it's our turn to B!tch about the dumbest things, stay at home and watch the kids and not work anymore while the ladies go and screw the world up!

Amen!!!

Let em have it. They couldnt do any worse!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join