It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Masonic journey begins...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The common, accepted definition of black magick is magick used for the purpose of causing intentional harm.

I agree that that is the common, accepted definition. I wish it were truly represented for what it is. Can you cause harm with black majik? Absolutely. Is it a requirement? Absolutely not.

Curses fall into this category, regardless if an evocation is performed.

I have some Wiccan friends who would disagree with you. Not my fight so I'll back out of it. I don't know whether they'd disagree with each other in fact. Again, perhaps better suited for someone more qualified.

What I will say though about our example is Jesus put forth two things: 1.) With enough faith, you can tell the mountain to move and it will move and 2.) "...love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." which he's saying is contrary to how mankind was thinking and teaching before.

Another uncomfortable example is in Samuel, where a man swore to God a sacrifice if he won a battle. Unfortunately according to what this man said in his promise, the sacrifice ended up being his own daughter. Jesus addresses this too, telling us not to swear to God or anything in heaven. We as people should not obligate ourselves to the future when we do not know the future but are arrogant enough to believe we can control our own destiny.

Although, on a side note, the practice of evocation is almost purely an operation of High Magick, not black magic.

Tomayto, Tomahto.

Although this is off the subject, evocation sort of demonstrates what I was saying earlier, viz., that occult forces are always eventually recognized by profane science. In modern psychology, evocation has been partially understoof throgh Freudian and Jungian psychoanalysis.

Profane science? Interesting word choice. I'll leave the definition with the jury to decide:

Main Entry: 1pro·fane
Pronunciation: prO-'fAn, pr&-
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): pro·faned; pro·fan·ing
Etymology: Middle English prophanen, from Latin profanare, from profanus
1 : to treat (something sacred) with abuse, irreverence, or contempt : DESECRATE
2 : to debase by a wrong, unworthy, or vulgar use
- pro·fan·er noun
www.m-w.com...

I would say that nothing could be more natural than God. In order to define my position more completely, it would be necessary to state that I am a pantheist, with strong leanings toward Buddhism and Taoism.

Okay, now I understand. I see God as supernatural, above the nature he created. It was me who errored in assuming you meant the same. Lemme see if I can go back and rephrase appropriately...

On topic though, there is a lot about majik in these gaming books as well. Some fiction, some non-fiction. In order to discern the difference, you'd have to have "outside" knowledge to be able to recognize the techniques, symbols, etc. In other words, the education would have to be gotten from a non-gamer, serious practicioner to notice that which is in "games" for "fun". I believe from experience, that games intentionally try to slip an impressionable mind into influence, perhaps ultimately into a mild form of psychosis. No, not mind control, but a discoloration of reality. My advice then is this. If you see something suspicious, research it. If it's found to be dangerous, leave it the Hell alone!
Sounds easy, but it's not. I myself are engaged in games and keep trying to dodge the negative influences flying my way. It's hard and a daily challenege. Just picked up more symbology on a PS2 game last night. The symbol was actually something I'd stumbled upon in researching a particular sign on this thread.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by saint4God]

[edit on 20-8-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join