It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Masonic journey begins...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
WC

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
... in July. I had petitioned my local lodge in April, and received a letter yesterday telling me when I am to receive the first degree. I'm a little surprised, because when the investigation committee came to my house, they said I would probably not find anything out until August.

In any case, thanks to a couple of you here in the forum for answering some of my questions.

Congradulations JustMe

I remember taking my obligations just a little over 5 years ago.... What a journey it has been for me.... This fall as the Master of the Lodge i hope to raise 3 brothers. The degrees are fascinating, I was lucky to have so many knowledgeable brothers around me to answer the many questions I had... A few of them have gone onto the Celestial Lodge where the GAotU reigns (i can see the debate coming now), I miss them dearly, for their knowledge, advice, and fellowship.

A few pieces of advice I can offer...

Travel to other Lodges in your Juristiction, you will meet many, many good people.

Attend your Grand Lodge Communications, even if your not a voting member. The fellowship is amazing, the food is great, and you quickly learn that under all the fancy aprons and collars and titles, we meet on the level.

Don't discount the old guys sitting in the corner of your lodge, or the brothers who don't attend on a regular basis, every now and then they have awesome phenominal words of wisdom.

In closing, I wish you well on your Masonic Journey

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
... in July. I had petitioned my local lodge in April, and received a letter yesterday telling me when I am to receive the first degree. I'm a little surprised, because when the investigation committee came to my house, they said I would probably not find anything out until August.

In any case, thanks to a couple of you here in the forum for answering some of my questions.

Excellent! Congratulations...

It is always good to see a new Brother just taking the first steps.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

I don't know whether or not you may be looking for something like this, but if so, please investigate it, it's well worth it.:

www.bota.org...

BOTA is an excellent group and if I'm not mistaken, they also have a correspondece course.
Here are some links to a few other groups as well:

www.lvx.org...

www.servantsofthelight.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WC
Co-Masonry??? I've never heard tell of it. Nor would i join, something to do with the ancient landmarks, among other things.. And i don't think it is proper for any freemason to support such an idea... I beleave that many Grand Juristictions would recognize such a lodge as Clandestine and for a mason to attend such a meeting he would risk facing charges under the constitution of his Grand Juristiction.

I was never suggesting that ANY Freemason join co-masonry or attend meetings (or even associate with any droite humaine members for that matter)! I was simply telling the lovely lady that if she wanted to experience Freemasonry in some form or another, that could be one of her options. Nothing more.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeirX

Masonic Light---do you reside in So. Ca..?

No, I'm on the east coast.

WC

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
I was never suggesting that ANY Freemason join co-masonry or attend meetings (or even associate with any droite humaine members for that matter)! I was simply telling the lovely lady that if she wanted to experience Freemasonry in some form or another, that could be one of her options. Nothing more.

Then how could it be freemasonry is some form or another????

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
moonchild. Can you give me a number of the elements? Also, would you mind explaining what the components of your avatar mean?

Some words are new to me. There's mention of mysticism and Kabalism. I presume we're talking about -

Main Entry: ca·ba·la
Variant(s): or cab·ba·la or cab·ba·lah /k&-'bä-l&, 'ka-b&-l&/
Function: noun
Usage: often capitalized
Etymology: Medieval Latin cabbala
1 : a medieval and modern system of Jewish theosophy, mysticism, and thaumaturgy marked by belief in creation through emanation and a cipher method of interpreting Scripture
2 a : a traditional, esoteric, occult, or secret matter b : esoteric doctrine or mysterious art
www.m-w.com...

Is that the core of Masonry?

[edit on 9-8-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
moonchild. Can you give me a number of the elements? Also, would you mind explaining what the components of your avatar mean?

I wouldn't recommend asking moonchild about anything masonic. He is not really a Freemason, but rather what we call a "cowan", or someone who impersonates masons. Judging by the veracity and maturity of his posts, he is porbably not even an adult.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Dup post, sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I wouldn't recommend asking moonchild about anything masonic. He is not really a Freemason, but rather what we call a "cowan", or someone who impersonates masons. Judging by the veracity and maturity of his posts, he is porbably not even an adult.

Sorry, didn't know what a "cowan" was nor is it in the dictionary. I found it here:

"The original meaning of Cowan described a stone mason who worked without having served an apprenticeship. In later times, it was used by Freemasons to denote a non-initiate who poses as a Mason, or simply a non-initiate.

In Wiccan/Neopagan parlance, a sometimes derogatory term meaning nonbeliever or scoffer. (although "muggle" seems to be fast overtaking this term in common usage) It does not mean "traitor" as is sometimes averred."
altreligion.about.com...

Why is it used in both Masonry and Wiccan/Neopaganism?

Anyone else, same questions.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't know what a "cowan" was nor is it in the dictionary. Where'd that name come from?

Cowan is a masonic word, and its origins are completely masonic. I read somewhere that it probably was derived from a French word masons used, but I don't remember too well. I will see if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You caught me before my edit. Nice work!
But still have all those questions above.

WC

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Cowan is a masonic word, and its origins are completely masonic. I read somewhere that it probably was derived from a French word masons used, but I don't remember too well. I will see if I can find it.

here is a two part artical on a cowan, don't know if it is what your looking for.
www.glnb.ca...
www.glnb.ca...

Cug

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Some words are new to me. There's mention of mysticism and Kabalism. I presume we're talking about -

Main Entry: ca·ba·la

FYI, dont get confused by the spelling

קבלה Can be spelled many ways in english

Cabala Kabala Qabala
Cabalah Kabalah Qabalah
Caballa Kaballa Qaballa
Caballah Kaballah Qaballah
Cabbala Kabbala Qabbala
Cabbalah Kabbalah Qabbalah
Cabballa Kabballa Qabballa
Cabballah Kabballah Qabballah

All are proper spellings

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
the eastern star was created to keep the women busy while the men, who refused to do their stuff in the company of their wives (and i wonder why) wanted to reunite to practice their rituals and stuff. it has only 3 degrees and is empty of almost any worthwhile information and practices. I strongly advise you join a real mason lodge that accept women if ''real'' masonry interests you.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by moonchild]

Sometimes it seems nice, but its not. Cute little symbols, we have quite a lot of masons here. Very disgusted.

I can see the beast symbol already.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hello and I have several questions that hopefully can be answered. First off how does one join? Second is there an age requirement? Third if you belong to the Illuminati are you a freemason already because there is a rumor going around I hope real freemasons can bring to light the rumor is that the leader of the freemasons is the brother of the leader of the Illuminati ( Also an important note is I asked the question about the Illuminati because of the rumor I don't belong to the Illuminati I just want to clear that up because I want to join the freemasons) I hope someone will answer

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoJo the religious man
First off how does one join? Second is there an age requirement? Third if you belong to the Illuminati are you a freemason already because there is a rumor going around I hope real freemasons can bring to light the rumor is that the leader of the freemasons is the brother of the leader of the Illuminati

2BE1ASK1---> Go to your local lodge and tell them your interested in becoming a Mason. That will be your first step on the road to Masonry.
The Illuminati doesn't exist anymore and there is no 'leader' of the Freemasons.
Does that answer your questions? good luck

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Impression that I get from Moonchild, is that it seems he is giving info about Freemasonary in a negitive way. Like that Website he said to go to about the Women, Eastern Star. btw I didnt go in their because it seems that he wants to do more or less, bash this group then to encourage it. thats all.
I dont know much about Freemasonary, as I am just learning, and I can even tell that something dont seem right about his post.
I`m interested in it because to me I feel a draw toward it. Like a Nudge. Maybe it is because my Grandaparents were part of this an there is family history involved in it, I dunno, but I see this as a very good thing( freemasonary) only because it has such a long History. It goes way back if one would trace its roots, and this my friend is a good thing!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I need sleep, It was Eudaimonia post! I seen it in Axemans post. Ok , I am just trying to seperate the Negitive ones from the Positive post.LOL..
Think I will just keep quiet here

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Hello and I have several questions that hopefully can be answered. First off how does one join? Second is there an age requirement?

The best way to join is to ask someone you know who is a Mason. If you do not know any Masons, you could always call a lodge in your area then go meet the people there. The lodge in my community has a weekly breakfast on Saturday mornings that is open to the public, and I would assume that other lodges have similar things.

In most areas, the age requirement is 21, and in some areas, 18.

Third if you belong to the Illuminati are you a freemason already because there is a rumor going around I hope real freemasons can bring to light the rumor is that the leader of the freemasons is the brother of the leader of the Illuminati

Well you know about rumors... they're rarely true. There is no "leader" of Freemasonry. Also, there is absolutely no evidence that a group called the Illuminati existed past 1790.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join