It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former president calls for end of Gitmo.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTO

Oh really??? What innocents have we killed in Iraq other than those accidentally killed liberating them from the tyrant Saddam Hussein?? Have you conveniently forgotten the hundreds of thousands of his own countrymen that Saddam put to death and tortured???

Haha, accidentally killed! Oh, woops, sorry there average Iraqi, we didn't mean to kill your family and destroy your home, that's just the cost of your liberation.

Yeah, top debate point.
If you ever bother to look up the statistics, you might be interested to know that the US have killed TWICE the amount of civilians than the insurgency in Iraq and they continuely kill civilians when targeting insurgencies.

Have you conveniently forgotten the hundreds of thousands the US killed in Iraq since the Gulf War via sanctions and thousands of tonnes of Depleted Uranium they left behind? Do yourself a favor and Google the Iraqi cancer increase rate. You have the US to thank for that, not Saddam.

Big deal if Saddam killed his own people. As if you give a sh-t.
Your only using that as an excuse to glorify the thousands of people the USA have killed in their thousands of 'accidents'. A death is a death, you don't justify one while demeaning another.

Isn't it odd that most of the insurgents captured in Iraq are not Iraqis??? They have come in from the outside to prevent the establishment of a democracy... a democracy that will show all in the region what freedom and self determination mean...

Isn't it odd that is DIRECTLY attributed to this bungled war in Iraq. Saddam managed that country with a heavy hand indeed, his methods were not great and not worthy of our morals BUT Iraq was NEVER a terrorist haven as it is now. Before the Gulf War, Saddam was supplied by the US and UK and Iraq was NOT a third world country. After the gulf war via US vetos and sanctions, Iraq became a third world and wen't nowhere for 10 years but still managed to keep terrorism OUT of the country.

Spout all the pro-terrorist rhetoric you like but it will get you no where... Evil is evil and the most evil form wraps itself in religion... This is the cloak that the radical Islamists wear...

Ahah, i see your true colours now.
Just an ignorant racist as usual. I guess i could link to hundreds of pages of information that would put you in your place but then i'd have to have an expectation that you'd actually READ and UNDERSTAND it, lifes not worth wasting on some people.

I pray that whatever country you hail from your's is not the next target of the scum that kill innocent women and children in the name of Allah...

Well, if you looked at international polls, you'll see that the US is actually the biggest threat to the world, even more so than Iran and equalled with Nth Korea as per the BBC survey.

I have absolutly ZERO fear of terrorism but i do fear a future of US dictatorship and facism that extends throughout the world because people are brainwashed into believing that a 'religious war' exsists.

If you are able to open your mind and look at this 'war' without patriotic/christian blinders on, you'll learn some deep dark secrets that may even change your tune. The truth can be hard to swallow thou but ignorance is a death warrent.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

CTO

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
OK, serpent... rant all you want... you're wrong and if you think you can deal with, appease or buy off terrorists you're DEAD wrong...

If it weren't for the fact that I'm going to put you on ignore status I would ask for proof of your assertions... proof that you won't be able to provide because there is none...

Depleted Uranium does not cause cancer, that's another lie that you've bought into. I had an eight pound slug of DP that I used as a door stop for years...

>>Big deal if Saddam killed his own people.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The fact is that we are in Iraq and other nations that are war torn.

America launched a program that set out to tackle something that seemed tangeble. Terrorism. Whether we agreed with it or not, its been done.

The situation in Iraq is one of a potential civil war. I think we are seeing some of Sadaams challenges.

We are seeing the challenges of the Israeli Government in defeating terrorist bombings. Its no simple task.

But in identifying without dicrimination, a potential risk, its not out of the question to say that America has gotten a bit racist. With members of our government calling Muslims diaper heads, and all radicals being Arab or Muslim in background. Let us not forget Tim Mcveigh. American Made...

So in thinking about terrorism, and detaining people based on ethnic origin, without a charge, think again. It might be a different story if it was you.
I wouldnt want to give up three years of my life just because someone thinks Im a threat. Better have some evidence and facts.

Then, as a further challenge, go to www.fbi.gov and take a look at the most wanted terrorist images. Take a look at the charges. It looks like the FBI is getting it right. IF they have a charge or a related offense, then post their image. But dont just scoop....

If they have a charge, then I agree with bringing them in. But no charge, and a mere potential threat, well hell, isnt anyone? Its easy to be paranoid in an environment like this. That thought of who is it. But lets not take it to a level that makes us look like terrorists our selves; doing things that are less then noble, or less then American.

Peace

[edit on 12-6-2005 by HIFIGUY]

CTO

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In a post on another thread I said precisely what you did... that Tim McVeigh is a terrorist, as are Lee Boyd Malvo and John Allen Muhammad... They attempted, and succeeded in terrorizing the citizenry... They should be punished as should skin head Nazis or Aryans who believe that others are inferior merely because of skin color or ethnicity and use threats and vicious attacks to further their cause..

Terror takes many forms... The simple fact is that the greatest threat to this country, at the moment, comes from radical Islamists... These individuals don't necessarily come from the Middle East, as we have seen in recent days with arrests of American citizens who side with the terrorists...

ANYONE who targets innocent non-combatants to instill fear and attempt to drive capitulation is a terrorist and needs to be targeted for elimination...

CTO

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The Time Magazine article at this link details the 'torture' that Mohammed al Qahtani, the alleged 20th 9/11 hijacker, has had to 'endure' at the hands of his captors...

www.time.com...

If this is as bad as it gets all the ranting and raving over the treatment of the detainees is for naught...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Boatphone
Right or wrong it is better to be safe than sorry. You and the washington post can keep slandering if you like....

Slandering.. perhaps you should take a look at the definition of that. btw, you didn't answer my question..

Your question, "have you ever been in the thick of it"?

I don't know what that means, or if it has anything to do with my opinon on this matter. If you are asking if I know people who were killed by terrorists, then the anwser in YES.

[edit on 12-6-2005 by Boatphone]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join