It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for George Galloway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

We now have a chance to ask questions to George Galloway! the questions, hopefully will be passed over to him. This could be HOT for ATS if he has the time to answer them.

The Press office for RESPECT (Galloways party) want me to send them the questions for him, i told them that they mainly would be about the Iraq war, the lies leading up to it and other questions as well.....

I'll take about 20 questions

SO, could you please sort out the questions for me

Im not sure if he'll answer it, but they are willing to go over them

[edit on 5-6-2005 by infinite]

[edit on 5-6-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Question 1: Is your Moustache real? ....oh serious questions *slaps self*

Question 2: Do you believe the time is right for major political change within Britain?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
cheers UK,

im going to get SO to complie questions so i can e-mail them to them

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
``

Sir, you have said before

"...
All I can say from my own conversations with Mr Blair, man to man,
are that I think both him and George W Bush are possessed of a kind
of messianic belief that somebody, God perhaps, gave them the job
of shouldering the white man's burden, which is the world.
That someone gave them the right to step outside of international law;
go anywhere, do anything, pay any price in other people's blood,
to reshape the world in their image; in the image that they want to see.

And I think both men will be damned in history....
...they should face prosecution, but never will.
..."

Could you( Mr Galloway) expound on this, point-by-point?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Mr. Galloway; You align yourself with people that want the complete destruction of Israel and you advocate a general boycott of Israel.

My question is "What is your reasoning for wanting destruction of Israel " ?

Roper

BTW here is a link to the news article.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Roper]

//ed to shortren link//

[edit on 5-6-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
im really excited by this, this could help us attract more high profile guests if he accepts our questions. I will be pretty pissed if RESPECT dont pass them on thou

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
im bumping this back to the topic,
so i can get more feedback

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Question: How much money were you paid by Saddam?

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
While I think the phrasing of Boat's question is disrespectful and would probably not get a response from Galloway, it is an interesting point.

What, if any, was the nature of your relationship with the Iraqi regime? Please be specific.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
1) In several of your statements you have made it clear that the people should have a more involvement in Politics, do you yourself think we should move to a system similar to Switzerland? Such as Direct Democracy instead of representative democracy.

2) How do you think we should stop the Globelization of this planet? It has been made clear by you, that you seem to dislike the "Elite" having control of Society, but how should we stop this?

3) Do you belive that a "New World Order" is attempting to control our Society and the Human Race? If so, which Nations do you think are attemtping to bring this in and who is behind it?

Edit:

As a MP we have the right to ask him questions, I e-mail my local MP all the time and hassle him.

[edit on 5-6-2005 by Odium]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
In need more questions to be giving to George Galloway,

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is a great idea!

Although i', not sure when he'll get round to answering them.

He's on BBC radio 2 at the moment and just mentioned he'd had to hire a team of people to answer all his mail and Email

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Mr. Galloway:
* Though you sued The Daily Telegraph for libel [based on the allegations they made against you] and won, my understanding is that the hearing(s) did not settle the question of whether or not you recieved monies from Saddam or the Saddam/Iraq Regime/Government. Also bear in mind that The Daily Telegraph documents are different from those utilized/produced by the Senate investigators.
Past/Other References:
Crucial question could remain unresolved
How the evidence stacks up

Please, honorable sir, to put this continued controversy to end/rest, will you ever conclusively prove and/or provide evidences to the contrary that you in fact did not recieve not one dollar or pound from Saddam or anyone within or connected to the Saddam Regime/Government?

* My understanding is that the so-called charity that you claim benefited from those "vouchers," in fact, asserts that they never recieved them. Wish to clarify this?
Reference:
Charity Commission Statement In Response To George Galloway's Evidence To US Senate Sub-Committee
Galloway fund may face police inquiry

Thank you.

seekerof

[edit on 6-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Guys, these questions will be answered by a RESPECT press officer and not Galloway himself. I can pretty much guarantee you that.

Try to keep them simple(ish).

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
1/ First let me congratulate you on you victory in Bethnal Green and Bow ( I don't want to make the same mistake Paxman did). You've been a Labour Party member for many years. If invited back under different leadership would you accept? Are there any circumstances you can foresee under which you might rejoin the Labour Party ?

2/ Now that you are representing Respect in Parliament and not Labour have your views changed concerning electoral reform ?

3/ This is a fun question. Imagine if you would that due to unlikely circumstances the Queen invites you to form a Government of National Unity. Selecting from all sides of both houses, if necessary, which politicians would you choose to serve in cabinet under your premiership and why ?

4/ One of your main criticism of the Blair government over recent years has been the slavish way it has followed U.S foreign policy. A question I've not heard asked of you is your opinion on a stronger united European foreign and defence policy to act as an alternative and effective counter to the U.S on issues like the Middle East crisis for instance. Should the UK act with total independence on these issues or cultivate this alternative ?

5/ You've vehemently critised Saddam Hussein's dictatorship since he came to power yet you've opposed any coordinated international action to depose him because either through sanctions or invasion the innocent Iraqi people have borne the brunt. So how should murderous dictators be deposed or is it not the international communities responsibility to intervene ? Without wishing to pre-empt your answer to this question I'd hope for a more positive response than that you wouldn't of sold him arms in the first place. The geo-politics of the 1970's and 80's during the cold war would have ensured somebody would have.

6/ In your opinion why did George W Bush take the U.S.A into war against Iraq ? What were his primary motivations and considerations ?

7/ Why, do you believe, did Tony Blair take the UK into war against Iraq ?

8/ Large sections of the British media have waged a concerted campaign against your integrity over recent years. What are your views on press freedom and the balance of power between elected politicians and unelected journalists ? Are libel laws sufficient to protect the British public from similar campaigns ?

9/ I believe you've said that you will stand down in Bethnal Green and Bow at the next general election in favour of a local candidate. Will you be standing in an alternative London seat ?

10/ Your appearance before the U.S senate committee hearing has brought you international acclaimation. Many saw it as a clash of political cultures. What response have you had from the American media and public ?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Guys, these questions will be answered by a RESPECT press officer and not Galloway himself. I can pretty much guarantee you that.

Try to keep them simple(ish).

If we are extremely lucky, we might get questions passed on and i have always stated that. If we get them answered, its still good

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
im sending them off tomorrow, at the moment all i have of a good quality is John Bull 1, i need more along his lines

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
im sending them off tomorrow, at the moment all i have of a good quality is John Bull 1, i need more along his lines

I don't think that fairly states the calibre of some of the other questions.

I would round it out with these:

Q. On your retirement from politics what is it that you would most like to be remembered for?

Q. Why were you accused of playing cynical racial politics in your most recent electoral victory? Was it in any way a fair accusation?

Q. Post-hoc, how do you rate your own performance in hearings with the US Senate in mid-May? Could you suggest fresh and meaningful ways in which the incumbent US administration can be held to account? And what about the UK government?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Does that mean you aren't going to ask him about the nature of his relationship, if any, with Saddam's regime?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Mr Galloway: As a resident of Bethnal Green constituency, I wonder if you will have time to deal with local issues or if most of your time will be taken up in dealing with international matters?

Respect.
Gekko

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join