It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Theres a lot of urban legends about witches and curses in towns....especially after the Blair Witch Project. I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any other than the Blair one. I know theres supposed to be one near Albany....up near new bern. I just want to know cuz i want to do my own documentary (and preferebly not get killed by a malicious demon)

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A documentary isn't hard to do - less so when we remember that the Blair Witch wasn't real.

Most rural areas have their legends - I'm yet to see one which actually stands up to investigation.

(fwiw, there's also the Pine Barrens in Jersey....but again, mockumentaries are entertainment, not truth).

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yea I know. Thats why I actually want to find a real witch.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Yea I know. Thats why I actually want to find a real witch.

Real witches generally follow NeoPagan, nature-loving religions such as Wicca, and aren't too fond of the popular conception that they're curse-wielding maniacs.

Real witches are regular folk. Not evil, not flying around on broomsticks, and not cursing generations of villagers.

As a rule. I'm sure we'd find the odd exception...as I'm sure there's an exception to every rule.

But I think you're going to be disappointed in your search. You're searching for a supernatural entity responsible for (insert mishap, accident, random killing here)? You're going to find it very, very hard to not only find a genuine incidence, but proving it will be nigh on impossible.

Good luck though - let us know if you actually find anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Tinkle has generally got it right. If you wanna find a witch, well nowadays you just ask! lol since they arent getting lynched anymore! For books on witchcraft you can just visit your local book store! Find the either new age or metaphysical section in your bookstore, thats where they should be located. I know a couple of forums for witches as well. However if your looking for a true witch with abilities highly noticeable as being supernatural, i don't know about that. It takes alot of meditation and practice for those powers.
To find just urban legends of witchcraft im sure you can just look online....

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
i have studied wicca for about......5 years now.

it is spiritual ad about inner peace.
Tinkleflower is right there are many witches around but they dont need to broad cast it out to everyone they meet.

there are some different kinds of witchcraft and most which are practised are peaceful. but there are some which are a bit more deeper and more mental and physical than what a person should do if they are only studying a white practise.

if you have any questions about wicca or anything about the craft then feel free to u2u me.

oni x x

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I can put you in touch with many witches of all kinds, also some of the most well-known witches who are authors, etc. If you are serious about doing a documentary on witches, U2U me. Or are you looking for witch's legends?

-Forestlady

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
ya witches are comon not demon worships one of there main principals is like hate none harm none or something and my moms in wicca its prett cool in my opinion better then other religions wicca and spiritual its the way to go

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thats why I actually want to find a real witch.

Define Witch. What are you looking for?

A documentary isn't hard to do - less so when we remember that
the Blair Witch wasn't real.

Yes she is. And I've been married to her for 26 years. My Wife'saiden name is Blair
and she is a withc of the practicing kind.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
well if your looking for a so called real witch of the Blair witch sort I know for a fact that the remains of one of these so called witches is buried in the town of Florence which is included in the city of Northampton, Massachusetts. I was there for a while and picked up so of the legends. Aparently in the 1700s one of the women living in town was accused of witchcraft by a rival. The first time this happened its seems that nothing came of it. Later she was acused again and either burned of hanged I'm not sure which. Her grave is in a cemetary right next to the JFK middle school on Bridge Road. At one point I thought of doing a documentry/mockumentry on this but I don't have the time so if you want it then it's all you.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I lived with a girl in college. She cost my all my friends, ruined my degree plans---I nearly got ejected from a major research project because of the crap she pulled.

Yeah. She was a real witch, alright.

I'd put you in touch with her but I don't talk to her. She put a gypsy curse on my nightlife for about 5 years afterward.

Seriously, google the "Bell Witch" (or read the thread I started about her, the one that went no where and only got like, two replies. yeah, that one.) The Bell witch of adams county Tennessee was the inspiration for the "blur witch project" crapola.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Still waiting for a definition of a Witch.

Something along the lines of the Malleus definition?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Depends on who you talk to- men can be witches as well as women, sometimes men are called warlocks-

Witch-follower of Wicca

------------------
It doesn't matter what one reveals or what one keeps to oneself. Everything we do, everything we are, rests on our personal power. If we don't have enough personal power the most magnificent piece of wisdom can be revealed to us and it won't make a damn bit of difference.
Don Juan (Carlos Castaneda)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i'm a practicing witch.....

Most information your after can be found on the internet. You might have to refine your search to find what your looking for. This is how I find all of my information on the internet.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by accountability
Depends on who you talk to- men can be witches as well as women, sometimes men are called warlocks-

Witch-follower of Wicca

Actually, the men who practice witchcraft or Wicca would be offended if you called them a warlock. Warlock means oathbreaker. And not all witches are Wiccan. A witch would be more accurately defined as someone who practices witchcraft.

top topics

join