It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Ministry of Defence: UFO Official Records Reviewing Instructions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've just received a copy of the 1997 UK Ministry of Defence - Instructions For Records Reviewers obtained through UK Open Government legislation.

Page 84 instructs MOD Records Reviewers on the subject of official MOD UFO reports. See below:

It looks likely that eventually, all MOD UFO reports will be made available for public viewing/copying at the National Archives

zero lift

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Good find Zero lift -

I think something is slowly starting to happen what with Mexico Gov UK ect
maybe disclosure is picking up pace or is no longer controlled by the US anymore.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree andersonr, something changed in the last 10 years.

I've just requested a more recent copy of UK Ministry of Defence - Instructions For Records Reviewers...maybe it'll contain more info.

zero lift

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nice find and something tangable instead of talk of pure fantasy.

It really does amaze me how significant documents like these are which clearly indicates the government is fully aware of the reality of U.F.O's.

This should bring about debate in the media, but it won't, this is a low key affair, it has to be and how can a goverment be accountable for a subject it knows very little about, all to aware they would rather not have too many
people asking questions they simply cannot answer, it just doesn't look very good does it.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by thepostman]

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If you go to the MOD foia website you can find all the UFO sightings reported to them in 2004 now.

There is also a document dated 2002 outlining official MOD policy on UFOs

www.foi.mod.uk

UFO reports- Top of this page: www.mod.uk...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yep, in my Rendlesham research, I came upon (and mentioned) many MoD UFO related documents. Also, don't forget that there is a UFOlogist (Nick Pope) who is a former MoD member. In fact, his name is on some of those documents when on the "other side"...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I do sometimes wonder if there are some yet to be discovered UFO files amongst the 10 million pages of suspected asbestos contaminated MOD files.

Hopefully, this problem should be sorted out in the next 4-5 years

Then we only have to wait another 4-5 years for the National Archives to make room for them.

zero lift

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I heard about this contamination. Apparently they have a whole long row of photocopiers in a 'dirty' zone, all the documents are scanned, then the printouts come out in a 'clean' zone, so at least some of these documents should be accessible in the future.

new topics

top topics

join