It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Intercepted Two NK Shipments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This article does not say who shipped the items, but we were able to stop the delivery.

WASHINGTON (Yonhap) _ The United States and its allies have intercepted two deliveries of materials useful in making nuclear and chemical weapons by North Korea, the State Department said Tuesday.

times.hankooki.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Interesting. I wonder what USA would do if NK intercepted shipments going into the USA?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

SEOUL, South Korea -- Britain has called on the international community to isolate North Korea, on the same day the communist country's state-run media said for the first time a nuclear program was in place.

British Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon on Wednesday said ships and aircraft suspected of delivering materials for use in weapons of mass destruction should be intercepted.

The blockade, which Hoon envisaged would involve a coalition of 11 countries, should also be extended to vessels and aircraft suspected of carrying contraband such as drugs that could help finance North Korea's nuclear ambitions, he said.
British call for N. Korea blockade

I wonder what would happen if nk intercepted a shipment headed to the uk?

ooops, looks like the uk is part of the naval coalition blockading nk.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
I wonder what would happen if nk intercepted a shipment headed to the uk?

They'd be sunk and the crew put in prison.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
geez it just keeps getting hotter

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
why does the U.S. get to have all the nukes they please but little N.Korea can't even have one ...did N.Korea vote in the last elections ?no Because they are not part of this country..they have there own way of doing things ,there own law just like the U.S.....how would the U.S. like weapon inspectors,and other countrys sticking there noses in U.S. business... Live and let LIVE!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KLSyesca
why does the U.S. get to have all the nukes they please but little N.Korea can't even have one ...did N.Korea vote in the last elections ?no Because they are not part of this country..they have there own way of doing things ,there own law just like the U.S.....how would the U.S. like weapon inspectors,and other countrys sticking there noses in U.S. business... Live and let LIVE!!!!!!!

cus the korean war never ended?

funny how that this important news isnt on any of the us news channels but hey paris hilton is getting married! woohoo!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Makes me wonder what they found and stopped.

Remember Iraq before the latest war. They had aluminum tubes which the US said was proof of WMD. Later it was agreed that the aluminum tubes were for perfectly legal missiles.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Iran must be taking a breather right now. All this focus over on North Korea at the moment. Stealths moving into South Korea, blockades being setup, possible nuclear weapons related material seized....getting interesting. I wonder why they can't say where these ships were from. Hmmm maybe Syria or Iran, ya think?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Iran must be taking a breather right now. All this focus over on North Korea at the moment. Stealths moving into South Korea, blockades being setup, possible nuclear weapons related material seized....getting interesting. I wonder why they can't say where these ships were from. Hmmm maybe Syria or Iran, ya think?

isreal

actually I hope this is all talk from bothsides

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Char2c35t]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If the origination of the shipments is from Israel or Saudi Arabia, a cover up will follow or it will be said that it was without government knowledge.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
If the origination of the shipments is from Israel or Saudi Arabia, a cover up will follow or it will be said that it was without government knowledge.

agreed just wish there was more info to this out there

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm sure there will be eventually. It will most likely be used as propaganda in the future if it becomes necessary to take action against North Korea.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   
yeah no doubt but there is a problem

a blockade is an act of war! oh boy

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
u.n where are you out there.we need peaceful contracts.make the world a better place........

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
u.n where are you out there.we need peaceful contracts.make the world a better place........

Certain members of the UN would veto the vote to take action...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why do you think the administration wants bolton so bad and are considering allowing Japan and a few other countries into the un council that would vote favorable with the US in any un vote.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
Why do you think the administration wants bolton so bad and are considering allowing Japan and a few other countries into the un council that would vote favorable with the US in any un vote.

japan and germany should be on the council anyways, anyone come across any more news about this?

I guess it was big news in japan when the story broke becuase I was talking about it to my japanese friends and she already knew about it before I read this thread.

top topics

join