It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple cloud may have been cloaked UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In the spring of 1971, I lived in Winston-Salem, NC. I was a high school girl with normal interests. It was a nice spring evening and quite dark when I decided to drive to the store which was about 1/2 mile from my house. I pulled out of my driveway and proceeded up the road. For some reason, I looked up and saw a billowing, purple cloud that was moving quickly more or less the same direction and speed that I was going (around 35 mph). This cloud's color was a vivid bright purple and it seemed to be boiling as it moved through the sky. It was approximately 50 yards up in the sky because I could see detail and depth.

As I drove along I tried to keep an eye on the cloud and it seemed to following. I drove into the parking lot of the store and parked the car quickly. I jumped out of the car and there were several people in the parking lot watching this cloud as well. I spoke to a man standing nearby and asked him if he saw what I saw and he shook his head yes.

The cloud seemed to pause briefly over the store's parking lot and then floated away quickly in the same direction. Surprizingly, I was not frightened as were neither of the other witnesses and we went on with shopping.

Looking back now I realize that this was "out of this world" event, as are the other 3 sightings that I've had. I'm curious to see if anyone else remembers seeing anything similar. In addition, I was sober each sighting. Not even a sip or puff!

What do they want? If we find out, will our existence improve? We're only here just a short time anyway when you consider the universe....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Check the National UFO Reporting Center's database, search by color or appearance, or by date, and see if anyone either reported the same event or has seen something similar.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yes, I'm very familiar with NUFORC and have posted my other sightings there. I didn't post the cloud sighting because I still don't know what it was and hope to hear from other if they had similar sighting.

Thanks for the suggestion.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Highhorse 13,
This sounds like a very familiar experience the one I had close to Kingman AZ.After I got back from my trip I checked to see any sightings in that area and there was a report on it three weeks before.These beings are highly intelligent.This sure wasn't my first sighting and probably won't be my last.I have seen another out in the California desert,except that one seemed more apparent,not really covered at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm at work now so I can't make a really long post, like I want to. But yes, I've seen something probably exactly the same. An area of the sky that is sortof changing all the time. If you search for posts made by me I give a very detailed description in a simular thread, one about a guy that saw a simular cloud out a plane window when he was 11. I ask several questions in that thread that I would appreciate if you answer too. And please quote me, I have bad, bad... very bad memory.

Back to the UFO. Yes, it was most probably a cloaked UFO, like I said I asked several questions and one of them was "Did the area in the cloaking represent a mixture of the surrounding colors?". If that fits your sighting this certainly is something that is part of their cloaking technology. Trying to make a mixture of the surrounding colors to blend in. The times it hasn't worked is when there's not enough light to go around, so to speak. It's like it's a mechanism that relies on light to make it work. Well, I have to go now, I explained what I just started to explain quite accurately in the other thread (you might want to link to it in this thread for those interested) so head on over there and you'll have atleast some answers, but most probably even more questions, that's the way these things work.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you can, I want to know everything about this and probably so do you. Back in about 2-3 hours.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ok I'm back from work. Here's the link to the thread I was talking about. It covers a lot of my current theory on UFO cloaking devices. I strongly suggest everyone to read it if you're interested in this aspect of UFO sightings. highhorse, you read the posts made by me and lost before reading the rest of this post, thx.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, highhorse, the most important question is: Did the color of the cloud represent a blend of the background color or colors? That is, was a part of the sky perhaps red and another blue or any other 'sunset' color? Why I want to know is because me and this person 'lost' in the above linked thread both have seen something that fits this description/theory. In any case, what time of the day was this?

Did this 'cloud' mimic any movements of an actual cloud, or did it mimic an airborne car with a mind of its own? I read the part about it stopping above the gas station, but I just want to confirm that it was more of an intentional stop than a slow windy stop.

You said you could see detail and depth on it, can you tell me a little more on that?

What do they want? If we find out, will our existence improve? We're only here just a short time anyway when you consider the universe....

Sorry, can't give you any answers there. You'll have to find out by yourself I'm afraid. But there's a lot of people out there wondering about these questions too, so you're not alone. Stick around and maybe you'll get closer to your goal (I wanted to say the truth but X files ruined that for us).

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Drexon]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Did the object look similar to this?

Simple fog or haze has been known to confuse people. One woman reported seeing a glowing ball about the size of the moon hovering over a parking lot. An astute UFO investigator checked the time of the report and the location in the sky against a star chart and found that the moon had been precisely in the described position. The woman had apparently been fooled by an unusual fog which had stripped the moon of familiar features, leaving a glowing mass which she mistook to be an object only a short distance away.

Link

I'm not ridiculing anyone. It's just a thought.

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the response. Perhaps I haven't described this purple cloud well enough. I gave it alot of thought and have this clarification to offer. The cloud resembled purple smoke billowing and boiling but retained its cloud-like body as it moved through the sky in a definite direction. I hope that description makes sense. It was night-time when I saw the cloud and it was set against a dark sky background. Still, the color was extremely rich and bright and drew the eye straight to it.

In all the accounts of ufo's and other unexplained phenomena that I've read, I haven't heard of anything like this. Is this similar to what you witnessed?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Somewhat, yes. Especially the 'billowing and boiling' effect the area around it had. But to alter my initial question a little; do you think that those colors could represent at mixture of perhaps streetlight, if they were on that is. What I initally thought was that this, as mine and losts sightings, was a case of a cloaking device not functioning properly, wich leads me to another question. Did it shine with equal or more brilliance of say a street light, wich should prompt anyone to look up into the sky, or was it considerately dimmer, perhaps making you not notice it right away?

And can you please answer the q about what you said about you being able to see its depth and such? Any bit of information is helpful, especially as I'm in search for this particular form of information.

Oh, and my english is really strict. I'm not really like this normally, it's just the way I've been tought to write in english.

Edit: Almost forgot. What were your other sightings? Can you tell us a little bit in general about them or is this the awesomest one?

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Drexon]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Ok I'm back from work. Here's the link to the thread I was talking about. It covers a lot of my current theory on UFO cloaking devices. I strongly suggest everyone to read it if you're interested in this aspect of UFO sightings. highhorse, you read the posts made by me and lost before reading the rest of this post, thx.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure whether to post here or the other thread. Cloaking tech sounds plausible to me. Please see my avatar and UFO sighting link.

from my sighting report
It's my thought that many may see this same craft, but because of lighting conditions it would probably appear differently and might even be near invisible in daylight conditions. It's my deduction that the condition of the lighting at the time that I saw it had an effect on how it appeared; because of the blue sky above and orange sodium street lamps below..

[edit on 3/6/2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Thanks, Seth, your thread helped!

All of the light seemed to be a causation of the distortion around it, and the mechanical part was only faintly visible

I've used that exact word to describe what I saw, 'mechanics' that is. I was trying to explain how you could see an almost perfect optical camouflage when I used the frasing 'it was almost as if the camouflage didn't have enough light to go around, revealing its mechanics', I think I used. But nevertheless it's a pretty good word to describe it. What I saw definately had something moving within the area of the UFO, something was stirring around in there, but it was so dim I couldn't tell what. Maybe if I saw it under better circumstances I could've made out a sort of spinning motion like you mentioned, but the popular version is just something moving, like bubbling around in there, and the only way you can tell is by the different shades of light, not by the actual looks of the UFO.

You said it was 3AM when you saw it, I'm assumiing it was dark, was it? That's really the only question I have, your thread covered most of it.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Drexon]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yes it was dark, except for the street lamps, and partly cloudy. The moon was in the west, to our backs from where we were looking.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I see. *Strokes non-existant beard*
I think you mentioned that the field around it represented a mixture of the surrounding light sources, can you just confirm that again? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yes, definitely surrounding colors and light. At points I could make out brown from the surrounding trees.

You should also check out the questions I asked Stanton Friedman: Stratification of air or gravity type fields. "To put the object in simplest term of today's known physics I have to say that the object produced interferometric distortion in the visible optical range by means of a short range field." The questions are still left unanswered, but you might find it interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Wow. That's an interestion post. Although he used way more advanced words he pretty much _exactly_ described what my theory covers. He even speculates on wether this effect only affects the surrounding light or if it is some sort of machine that alters the surrounding air in some way. I however think it's the first one, since they probably have to have a working cloaking device in space too. Even though air is abundant it has many different proporties that could very well screw up the entire process.

Also I have another theory, only in it's cradly though, basically it's just that the field is a direct cause of it's anti-gravitational drive. Assuming (not that I believe in this) that there are actual live creatures in these things they have to find a way to deal with G forces like we have to, when accelerating above our limits. Many things point towards these things being able to accelerate furiously fast, ofcourse destroying anything remotely soft, or alive inside the craft. Unless ofcourse you've overcome the power of inertia, something that phycisists say will come as a side-effect of 'true' anti-gravity, that is just 'seizing' gravity, not by magnetic force or anything repelling you from the ground.

I'll definately read up on this guy, he seems to be a few steps ahead of me on the physics part, since I am but a mere amateur physician (hate spelling those words) and he seems to have a general deeper knowledge. Didn't quite get his electron microscope reference, but I'll get there eventually.
Thanks!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What draw my eye to the cloud was its rich purple color and its movement. It was boiling purple smoke and had depth as it boiled and billowed and moved along about the speed of my car. It was contained - it did not disintegrate and/or evaporate as a normal cloud would do.

Perhaps a better word for this would be purple smoke in a cloud-like formation.

I don't know what it was but I suspect it must have been a UFO cloaking itself in purple smoke so as not to terrify the public. It appears this sighting is unique in that I haven't heard of a similar sighting anywhere.

Whatever these UFO's are, I don't believe our government has any control or power over them. The only conspiracy that exists is our government trying to contain the fallout and anarchy that would ensue if authorities confirmed all the UFO sightings and interaction with humanity.

Are these UFO's dangerous to humanity? Not yet. Maybe never. Who knows? Letting my imagination run a little I feel they may be time travelers, perhaps from our future.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yeah. Anyways, as I've been saying, it's probably the same thing we saw, only different. Like Stanton Friedman said, UFOs with this cloaking device can appear as many different light patterns etc.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You got it Drexon! Eventually, the evidence will be irrefutable. What a time to be living!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Yeah. Anyways, as I've been saying, it's probably the same thing we saw, only different. Like Stanton Friedman said, UFOs with this cloaking device can appear as many different light patterns etc.

Wait a second here, I don't believe Stanton Friedman said that. I think you're confusing the questions that I asked of Stanton Friedman with something he actually said. He never responded to the questions for whatever reason. I even e-mailed him directly and got no response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join