It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Ben & The Second Coming of Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
On Friday May 27th 2005 the Big Ben stopped. Read more at BBC News

It has only stopped a few times since the 1900th century, and now recently on Friday, at 22:07 and then on 22:20. If we turn to the book of Revelation in the Bible, to the corresponding verses (22:7 and 22:20):

"Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book." (Rev 22:7)

"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Rev 22:20)

Just an incident?

[edit on 31/5-2005 by otherwise]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
just an incident, nothing special here.
No link to religion, things break down now and again, this is what we saw. Nothing to do with the coming of Christ.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I had to....

"Watch therefore, for or you do not know at what hour your Lord is coming" (Mt. 24:42).

So I guess BIG BEN does not even know the EXACT time or HOUR when Christ returns!

I.X
helen

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Perhaps it is one of the lying wonders of Satan, to state that the Antichrist is coming shortly.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm glad you posted this. I read about it the other day but forgot. There is nothing more mystical than a clock, specially Big Ben.
I dont know what the meaning could be, but i would say there is some meaning behind that clock stopping.
Clocks, watches have stopped when their owners die since they were invented.
Of course, they could also malfunction. Maybe we will never know why this happened, maybe we will soon.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So jesus is trying to talk to the world thru big ben?? How many other randomly selected passages would give frightening readings??

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Someone please check the batteries in the clock, and the person who started this thread.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

On Friday May 27th 2005 the Big Ben stopped.

Don't mean to be pedantic, but "Big Ben" didn't stop. Never has and never will.

The clock stopped, yes, but Big Ben is the name of the 13.7 tonne Bell situated within the Clock Tower.

And why would Jeebus choose to contact us through a clock in one of the most least religious countries in the world? Better off doing it in Jerusalem or Washington, surely?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Didnt an alien spacecraft crash into Big Ben on Doctor Who, perhaps that why it stopped working. Anyone from Us , Doctor Who is a tv program that you might get on BBC America.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Gypsy Girl's Clock
HOC13024

The grandfather clock is watching.
It's waiting for my eyes,
To fall asleep,
So it can creep,
And take me by surprise.

The grandfather clock, is patient,
It's been so very long.
It tells the time.
It creaks and chimes,
But counts the hours wrong.

The grandfather clock is hungry,
I fear that it might walk,
Right in my room,
And toll my doom;
I hear it tick and talk.

The grandfather clock is waiting,
It's breathing in and out.
I hear its call,
As midnight falls;
I know without a doubt . . .

The grandfather clock is watching.
But I refuse to crack.
I'll stay aware,
And stand and stare,
And grimly watch it back.

(translated from the Croatian by Hake Cross O'Reed)
(The following is from O'Reed's book, "The Natural and Supernatural History of Certain Timepieces") "I collected the previous verses in a bog in Yugoslavia, from an old gypsy woman. She was unable to speak coherently with me for any length of time except to repeat those words. She carried with her this photograph [a copy of which may be seen next to this exhibit] of a clock.
I could not seem to help her, so I left her there in those dark swamps with a crumpled packet of saltines and a rather linty throat-lozenge.
Within a span of one wet and soggy hour I wandered upon a younger gypsy woman, clad in identical gypsy garb, and spouting the same nonsense verse. In her hand she clutched the same photograph. I noticed upon this second viewing that the photograph also included a small, smiling gypsy girl, with her right hand resting gently against the side of the clock. Just before the young woman fled off into the night, she stuffed a crumpled saltine wrapper into my hand, and kissed my lips very quickly. Her breath tasted of lozenge. Were she and the old gypsy woman in fact one and the same? Would I have later run into an even younger version of this poor soul had I not fled screaming like a banshee into the night? I will never know."

I like this clock. And she likes me. When my duty here is done, I shall take her for my wife. --Capt. S.S. Hendley

Interesting

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I heard the clock stopped because the giant hunchback who lives in the tower stopped running on his tredmill.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I heard the clock stopped because the giant hunchback who lives in the tower stopped running on his tredmill.
yea, that too!

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

They upgraded did they???

I thought it was an old 17th century cranker type thing???

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
God forbid that nuts and bolts made from metals subject to wear and tear would actually stop functioning.

Big Ben is obviously not a Timex model.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
is it seems to indicate when the "stuff goes down", we're all going to know it. Looking at clocks, picture cards, patterns of animal entrails and shallow pools of water will tell us that we're not focused on Him. Besides, if Revelation happens tomorrow, how is that different than getting in a fatal car accident this evening? The result is the same and you can get your proof without all Hell breaking loose. Even if it did, don't you think it's be a bit late to drop to your knees?

[edit on 1-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
On Friday May 27th 2005 the Big Ben stopped

It has only stopped a few times since the 1900th century, and now recently on Friday, at 22:07 and then on 22:20. If we turn to the book of Revelation in the Bible, to the corresponding verses (22:7 and 22:20):

I'm really wondering Why you converted the times' into the
24 hour equivelents???

the reported 'stoppages' are noteworthy indeed
source

"Officials don't know why the 147-year-old clock on the banks of the River Thames stopped at 10:07 pm Friday, It resumed keeping time, but stalled again at 10:20 pm and remained still for about 90 minutes.......
speculation that a recent spell of hot weather may have been the cause...."

~~~~~~~~~~

i would suggest, instead of converting the 'pm' times into a 24 hour extrapolated equivelent
( ie 10:07 pm = 22:07 )

one could decode the meanings of 'pm' hours ~ and the 90 minute delay,
as meaning we should look at the 90 degree opposite, or the reverse of
your Key-source.....which was 'Revelations' (the last book) of NT
looking instead, at Mathew (the 1st book) of 'gospel'

the actual times of 10:07 and 10:20 would then follow:

10:07= "And as ye go, preach saying. The kingdom of heaven is at hand."

10:20= "For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh for you"

~~~~~~~~~~* in a deeper sense, the 10:20 stoppage was for 90 minutes, and reading the passage we might introspect the silence of the clock allowed us to listen to our hearts, ie the inner spirit within us- is just as well the voice of God, which 'speaketh for you', or perhaps 'to' you....

who knows

[edit on 1-6-2005 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
is it seems to indicate when the "stuff goes down", we're all going to know it. Looking at clocks, picture cards, patterns of animal entrails and shallow pools of water will tell us that we're not focused on Him. Besides, if Revelation happens tomorrow, how is that different than getting in a fatal car accident this evening? The result is the same and you can get your proof without all Hell breaking loose. Even if it did, don't you think it's be a bit late to drop to your knees?

Saint, I thank you for putting the whole mess in proper perspective. I'm so tired of hearing of the second coming of Christ, the rapture, the end of the world I'm beginning to believe that many Christians have give up on themSELVES. Apparently, many have had their heart hardened and feel they no longer have control of the situation. A perfect entrance for Satan to take over one's heart.

I did look into the river the other day, and couldn't see my reflection. Perhaps a sign? Oh yea, the water had dried up due to drought conditions which man should be working on more feaverishly than trying to guess the big event.

[edit on 1-6-2005 by saint4God]

A true sign of the end days is when I figure out how to do this quote stuff!

[edit on 1-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

[edit on 1-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
And why would Jeebus choose to contact us through a clock in one of the most least religious countries in the world? Better off doing it in Jerusalem or Washington, surely?

Jesus is an anglican??

God's an englishman apparently!

saint4god
if Revelation happens tomorrow, how is that different than getting in a fatal car accident this evening?

Well, if you die in the apocalypse, then you go to hell. Die in a car accident, and you might be all right. I mean, the horrifying bit about the apocalypse is that there (might) be a rapture. In which case, if you're not saying 'wow, everyone looks like ants from up here', yer forked. Pitch forked eh!

mad man:

type, in lower case, [QUOTE] the text you want to show up in the block and then to close the block [/QUOTE]

To be really neat, type [I]the guy's name, which will now appear in italics[/I]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
for helping an ignorant person. The "quote police" are all over me. Your explanation was very simple, and ya showed me.

Danke and Namaste'

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
Perhaps it is one of the lying wonders of Satan, to state that the Antichrist is coming shortly.

DUDE!!!!!???!

PERHAPS THE FREEKING CLOCK STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like trying to force the bible into bible code. Forcing a clock...with no real reason, to be a prophet. What kind of people are alive out there spreading this nonsense. Hey, my watch stopped once...shoulda recorded the time and crossreferenced revelation.

How many people have seen a stopped clock in here???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join