It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel develops radar to see through walls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Israeli scientists have developed revolutionary new radar technology that will allow people to see through walls, Haaretz newspaper reported on Thursday.

The radar system, developed by the Herzliya-based Camero company, can produce a three-dimensial image of what lies behind a wall by the use of ultra-wideband technology, the paper said.

The quality of the pictures is similar to that produced by ultrasound and they can be taken from a distance of up to 20 metres. The company's chief executive Aharon Aharon said an initial prototype of the device was expected to be ready in 18 months and could help rescue workers find victims of disasters.

"When disaster victims must be rescued from a collapsed building or a fire, time is of the essence," Aharon told the paper. "Rescue forces often invest enormous resources and precious time in combing the rubble, or endanger their lives by entering the flames, even if it is not clear that there are any survivors behind the walls."

Its military applications are obvious.

Source

Just hope they wont proliferate it

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

Check Israels new developments....

Care to post about any ??

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
HAHAHA i lived in israel for 8 years... its nice how the 3 counries that ive ever lived in are the most advanced.... im russian-born there israel-lived there u.s.a-im stuck here

and if u think that israel is no advanced then think again they have a population of 6 or something million and they are being attacked from every side... egypt lebanon
jordan and the other place forgot its name... and they are being attacked all the time... remember 1948??? israel just formed and they were attacked from everywhere and they survived its the 3rd strongest nation out there i think...
and they have good tech stuff like that setilite thing...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So... will it be able to see throught ummm... clothing? cuase if you can, tell me where i can jack one heheheheheh

and russiankid, most israel tech comes from the US.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
yea i know that most of the israeli tech comes from the u.s.... they got in trouble for selling stuff to china

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
yea i know that most of the israeli tech comes from the u.s.... they got in trouble for selling stuff to china

yea, we spend 3 billion each year to give them military tech and they stab us in the back to earn few extra bucks.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
hahaha i know i lived there for 8 years lol im glad that im not all Israeli but Russian

top topics

join