It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

urban ledgend in the making

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was at my friend's house with him and another friend. They told me about this silluette of a man running toward them when it was dark. They had their airsoft guns and they were lighting him up. The man didn't flinch at the sight of a gun, or even react to getting hit by the pellets. They described him as "lightning fast". They ran into the house and they heard this small tapping on the door, the kind you do when your irritated(the one with all 4 fingers).So they told me the story, and I had to see this for myself. We were outside his garage waiting to get a ride to a LAN party. We kept hearing noises around us. We saw something move behind his neighbor's car. We saw it move more, we left because all we had for protection was a baseball bat and hockey stick.

this is a true story that i expienced, could you find an explanation

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

We were outside his garage waiting to get a ride to a LAN party.

Ok...forgive my ignorance.

What's a LAN party?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
SportyMB,

I assume it's one of these... Lan Party

Sanc'.
edit:grammar

[edit on 30-5-2005 by sanctum]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
basicaly a lan party is where either everyone takes their computer to a common location or goes somewhere where computeres are networked together to play multiplayer games with each other. some friends and i do this arround newyears every year. we all lug our computers to someone's place for a weekend of gameing.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ohhhhh, that makes sense...

LAN party...I get it now

I must have had a blonde moment

Thanks for the link sanctum

thanks drogo

[edit on 30/5/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
G e e k i n e s s.

I thought me and my friends were geeky, oh well.

It sounds just like you saw what you wanted to see, or some guy played a trick on you.

Or.. if your really feeling paranormal you can read about shadow people.

I have seen moving shadows before to, running lightning fast.
The list goes on though, trick of the light, trick of the eyes, hallucinations..

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It may be something other than a shadow person. This thing could very well be some kind of vampire or perhaps someone with super human capabilities. Whatever he is he's probably testing his limits to human contact.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
did any of your other friends meet you at the lan party that werent with you originally? If so you just got tricked by a lie. If not maybe the first part is a lie and what you saw could've been his neighbor. Well I guess it also depends where you live. Bigfoots are everywhere nowadays it seems and all they need is forest and food

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I doubt it was a Bigfoot, because you would definately know if that was running at you. It would probably smash the door down and gut you as well.

Whatever it was tapped on the door, so dont you think they shot some guy coming back from the pub and he got a wee bit peeved at being shot at. Because in the dark, things do tend to be travelling faster becaus you cant see that far and they seem to just come out of no where.

Though it does sound like the story of Spring Heeled Jack, without the springing and of course, the Jack.

Or it might be some badassmofo demon and well all going to die a painful death.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was a bigfoot baby? It was Babyfoot and he felt sorry for the weakling humans and decided to eat the dogs in the neighborhood and come back for the humans later with mommyfoot

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
well, unless the airsoft guns were 300-400+ fps, then he probably wouldnt react to the bbs at all, since spring pistols dont pack that much power(unless u guys have AEG rifles, then its a different story). What guns did u guys have?

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My 180 fps L85 packs a big enough punch so I reckon that he wouldnt react to a couple of shots but after a few he would really start feeling it.

And if they did have single bolt action guns, you can still fire them out pretty darn fast. I can unload my 60 round mag in a bout a minute.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
with 180 fps u can barely feel it against ur skin, and u cant feel it at all if ur wearing a shirt(ive tested it personally).

ID

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In order to attempt to find an explanation to your experience I feel you need to give more information. A few questions that might help are: was there anything unusual looking about the figure? Were the airsoft weapons spring, gas blowback, or AEG? Where were your friends when this happened? Why did they start shooting at the figure?

I really don’t understand why some members on this site instantly jump to paranormal conclusions. In most cases the simplest explanation is the correct one (Occam's Razor/principle of parsimony).

The story that Zickddot told stated that his friends shot at a silhouette of a man running at them "lightning fast." In a situation where you are firing at a moving target you typically focus on it intently, this coupled with the level of fear I imagine the shooters were feeling could cause their perception of the silhouette’s speed to become exaggerated. Also, something just occurred to me, if this silhouette was moving “lightning fast” how were they able to make it into the house?

I do not believe there is anything paranormal in the fact that all they witnessed was a silhouette. The story did say it was dark and, depending on where they were when this occurred, a silhouette is completely acceptable as the only description.

This story from an outward perspective does not seem paranormal at all. It appears as though Zickddot’s acquaintances became rattled and fired at a person running towards them for an unknown reason. I will admit that the impatient tapping on the door is rather creepy and does not make much sense. Someone chasing two people shooting airsoft guns in their direction would not simply tap on their door in an ordinary situation.

With this level of secondary evidence it is difficult to formulate a conclusion, the best one can do is speculate. Perhaps the person chasing them was on some sort of drug, or maybe the person did not react to the shots because they were not hit in an area sensitive enough to realize that they were being shot at (This is a likely conclusion if the airsoft weapons were spring loaded).

Even if this case has no paranormal conclusion it is very interesting. Please provide more information if you are able to do so, and thanks for sharing this story.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Whats bothering me is what did they do when they heard the tapping on the door? Just ignore it, look out a window, what?

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
After looking for a thread on Airsoft I came acrossed this one.

Airsoft guns are made to be shot at people, I have shot my self pointblank with a spring loaded weapon (I wanted to see how much it would hurt), it stings but probably would not notice it much from longer ranges.

I ordered a new one at Ebay, some cheap piece of junk that was only 6 dollars or so, so i'm not expecting it to survive very long, it's a Beretta 92 replica, probably without hopup or anything like that, but I don't use it in competitions, only informal plinking on paper targets.

The shadow you discribed sounded like a shadow ghost, did the pellets ricochet much? I.E. hit the wall?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I heard about a similar story in which a group of people were in a cabin after hunting and they heard footsteps outside. They thought it was a hitchhiker or someone and were about to invite them in.
As they opened the door a mann-ish figure ran towards them so they slammed the door. They heard the tapping at the window and saw a dark face with bright eyes there. There were then footsteps on the roof.
One of them shot a gun (some kind of hunting rifle) and the noises stopped.

As to what they are I can't guess. I wouldn't say Shadow beings though as their encounters are usually less aggressive (although some people report atacks). The terror of shadow people seems to come more from their aura and appearance rather than their actions.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It was probably just some psychotic serial rapist, nothing to be worried about.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've played airsoft for some time now and a 500fps kjw M700 to the arm through the a jacket and 25 feet dosent hurt.... Second of all it was a dumb idea to shot at him, what if he was a cop . and anyways you should nto shoot anyone with airsoft guns because its a crime to commite an assualt with a imitation firearm.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Perhaps it was just an unfortunate jogger who you shot. And then maybe a woodpecker was on the house. My house is bombarded by woodpeckers sometimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join