It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes best thing that happend to Japan.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

There was no other way. It was either bomb the Japs or invade them. Millions of Allied soldeirs would've died during the invasion. The war would've dragged on for years the Japs would fight until everyone of them was dead. Bombing 200,000 people saved millions more.

It is better to die with honor than die a coward.

[edit on 2/20/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
We are the United States of America!We have been appointed by God's divine message to scour the earth and clense it of those who are impure!

Yes, you are right... we so are pure that we have 3 million people locked up in jails! Don't make me laugh too loud!
God will decide whom to punish!

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Problem Solving

Originally posted by blueymorgan
What a dickhead! Yeah you got most of it right, but what you failed to mention is that at that time, America was a bankrupt Corporation, so they were not allowed to attack any country, so says the laws of bankruptcy!

Originally posted by blueymorgan
America drops atom bombs on Japan eh?
Gee whillikers! I must have missed that one! When did that happen?
How come a country in bankruptcy can afford to drop ATOM bombs on another sovereign country without authorization??????
YES!! Bankruptcy!!
You bloody fools...

I want to say this the nicest way I can. Whatever is causing you to post like this, please have it checked out and corrected.

While I can't quite decipher what you're trying to say, it comes across obnoxiously enough to make you look pretty bad.

Please, be nice.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
And FreeMason was there in the middle of Japan listening to the Japanese civilians talking about the evil Americans etc.
FreeMason, stop speculating about what MIGHT have happened and what the civilians MAY have been thinking.

contrary to your belief, everything that comes out of your mouth is not automatically assumed as "History". It's YOUR perspective of it, and nothing more. Why you keep going on about Nazis is anyones guess, but the Women and children who died in the Nuclear bombing were NOT going to rip up the US army and cause millions of deaths, accept it.

The Japanese army machine had their soldiers in schools teaching kids how to lay booby traps and how best to kill invading enemy, they were taught every which way to and the best way to kill, all the people were also being trained how to fight to the bitter end, every last one of them and this is fact not a fairy tale. You are kidding your self that instead of dropping the bomb it would have been better to invade. The Empror himself rejected The Potsdam Decleration which Russia had a part in as well about an unconditional surrender, he wanted to save face by his people as otherwise it was shamefull for him to do so, with the Bombs that were dropped gave him the chance to conditionally surrender and thus allowing himself to be removed from any possibility of being tried. If there was an invasion the Emperror and all his followers and civilians would have been wiped out, and how much bleating would we have heard from the goody two shoes of how horrendous the carnage was, IMHO the bombs saved a hell of a lot of lives in the end. Please do some research on the Japanese war mongering that was going on before Pearl Harbor, and their quest for more war materials so they could invade sack and pilliage, murder more people in Asia and beyond, that is why the US placed an embargo on Japan so they could not get any more war materials ans thus brought about Pearl. The Japs could also count themselves lucky as the Russians were well prepared to join the fight and it would have made the Bombs look like a sunday picnic, again, please do some research before flying off at everyone.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
joebe:

The Japanese army machine had their soldiers in schools teaching kids how to lay booby traps and how best to kill invading enemy, they were taught every which way to and the best way to kill, all the people were also being trained how to fight to the bitter end, every last one of them and this is fact not a fairy tale. You are kidding your self that instead of dropping the bomb it would have been better to invade.

Any links? Every last Japanese person was being trained to kill invaders? I'd love to see it. Teaching kids to lay boobytraps, huh?

Say, if dropping two atomic bombs was designed to terrorize a civilian population into forcing their government into unconditional surrender, was this maybe the biggest terrorist attack ever committed? Seems to add up.

Please do some research on the Japanese war mongering that was going on before Pearl Harbor, and their quest for more war materials so they could invade sack and pilliage, murder more people in Asia and beyond, that is why the US placed an embargo on Japan so they could not get any more war materials ans thus brought about Pearl.

... Ok, I'll bite. What history books have YOU been reading and would you be kind enough to post a link to it. If Japan was so evil and terrible, why did it take an attack upon your own people before you did anything? If they had have left Pearl Harbor alone would we be speaking Japanese?

-jako

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Wow this is turning out to be a long thread.

The morality involved with the uses of A-bombs, nukes, etc. will never be fully explained nor ever justified.
It was a mistake and will always be one, no matter the amount of "justifications."

Seekerof, I don't care if we disagree in the future, because I completely agree with you on this one. Good job and I'm with you.

Tassadar, chebob, Thorfinn Skullsplitter, Jakomo, and the rest with basic common sense, nice to meet you people.

Majic, nicely put.

I want to say this the nicest way I can. Whatever is causing you to post like this, please have it checked out and corrected.

Given your permission, can I use it as a quote in my signature? I will of course make sure to clearly specify who was the author of the quote, you see what I'm getting at

How 'bout it?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join