It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Human EVER Your pick?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Science: Fermi
Business: Gates
Philosophy: Rand
Politics: Reagan
Military: MacArthur (in the Pacific)
Sports: Pujols
Entertainment: Heffner

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Jesus,
then Albert Hoffman,
then John Lennon

and a personal favourite, Sir Alex Ferguson

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't know how you would gauge people. You'd really have to know these people on a level that we just can't.

How should I know if Jesus was really what he said, or if maybe he was what Metallica's "Leper Messiah" says?

How should I know if inventors were great men of great vision or lunatics building weapons of war for their own gain?

Really I believe that by and large Humans are selfish, unadmirable beings.

Of all the living things I'm aware of, the best one I can name is Caesar. He was a boxer/lab mix. Very smart, very friendly, protective but never hurt anyone. If I choose between meeting Oppenhiemer and meeting that dog again, I'd choose the dog.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another name that I'm surprised has not come up yet in this thread is Thomas Edison. As far as where we are today, there's not too many others that made a greater contribution. I think he was illuminati as well so he's a perfect fit for this thread and this website.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   

L Ron Hubbard whos works have helped millions of people worldwide.

This is the most bizarre suggestion I have seen on here. A cult leader is the greatest of all time...ALL TIME! Some people live in a small box obviously.

Someone mentioned Edison earlier...and he certainly was a great one.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Maddox is the best person ever IMO.

Would that be Lester?

I would say that Bill Gates has to be in the running. I know. He's the guy whom everyone loves to hate, but in reality Gates is very much responsible for the universality of the PC. If the world had to wait for Steve Jobs or anyone else to "computerize" the masses, only rich, artistic types and business tycoons would have computers.

[edit on 2005/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I would also like to nominate

Leonardo Da Vinci
Dr. John F. Demartini (feel free to google and you'll get websites)

Personal note

Demartini came to my high school and uttered a phrase or suggestion that has never left me. It was actually one of the few things I learned in high school. Very charismatic individual. He goes on about his story about dropping out of high school to become a surfer. I was like what a dumbass.. So later on the feeling engulfes him as he's with his parents driving down a busy road. He tells his dad he's going to be a surfer. His dad slams the brakes, they get into an argument and Demartini leaves the car. His mom gives him money for an airplane ticket and some extra cash. He parts way with his parent. He then hitchikes his way to an airport, and takes the plane to one of the beaches were surfing is popular. So he's walking to the beach and he gets stopped by some thugs. He then starts to bark loudly. The thugs burst out into laughter. A creepy looking bum walks up to him and says that the funniest thing I've ever seen. The bum turns out to be a millionaire wanting to experience life rock bottom. He invites Demartini to drinks, and they talk about their experiences. The millionaire bum gives Demartini money for a plane ticket home and invites him to a seminar that the will supposedly change his life. He walks into the seminar and he see people sitting on the floor waiting patiently. This lasts for an hour. An old guy, really really old, walks onto the stage and says:

"I am a genius and I apply my wisdom."

He tells his followers (the people present) to repeat this specific phrase exactly as its worded 20 times per day and changes will take place. The next day, in a state of expanded awareness, he takes the flight home. Has a family reunion, spends 3 years catches up on school work and he managed to reduce his sleep time to a whopping 3 hours per day. Fast tracking to present time, he goes on to say to become phD level in a certain area, would require continous reading 4 hours/day for 1 year on the same area. He is also still alive, which can't be said about all the other individuals that were supposedly nominated.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Its basically impossible to pick one person from an eternity and call them the greatest alive. We have so many people, people we have never met even, all that have great qualities.

But im afraid you have all been wrong so far in your choices.

Because its me.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
What a cool idea. Here are my candidates:

- The Dali Lama (compassion)
- Mother Theresa (selflessness)
- William Shakespeare (culture)
- Neil Armstrong (Man's sense of adventure)
- The Spartan king Leonidas (bravery)

I guess Julius Caesar should also get an honourable mention. Although I think he was a bit of a psycho, you can't deny he was ambitious and knew how to get what he wanted.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
what about alexander the great?

i really dont think jesus was that good, after all he did start christianity, and that is directly responsible for the crusades, or "middle ages muslim slaughter" not to mention so many other things. (spannish inquisition, burning whitches, ect.)

you cant really name neil armstrong for adventure, he didnt single handly get to the moon, he only walked on it.

for millitary it would be alexander, or maybe rommel.

for politics it could be marx, or lenin? prehaps some of the ancient greek guys, lke socrates or someone (these are more for their philosifies than practical)

for maths id say newton(he invented calculus)

for art id say hermen goering, who else could of thought of such inspiring ways to get rid of jews (jk)

na for art it might be beatles or some other muscians, maybe who ever invented jazz, these really changed music

i dont know enough about all these peple to say any others,

except for the btoher of the guy who invented fire

the one who decided to drink the rotten fruit mash,

and found it made him drunk

or possibly the south american tribes throwing tobbaco leaves on thier fires

top topics

<< 1   >>

join