It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Human EVER Your pick?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, my pick is Norman Borlaug. When he won the Nobel Prize in 1970, the commission said he had saved a BILLION lives. Not million, not ten million, not hundred million, but !BILLION! lives. He is currently a proffessor at Texas A&M college.

nobelprize.org...
www.normanborlaug.org...
www.ideachannel.com...

I know, some people I've been debating with recently think he is satan and we should have let a billion people starve to death, but sorry AceofBase and sardion, I think he is the Greatest Human Ever.

What about the rest of you? Is George Washington better then the man who saved a billion people, in 1970, not to mention the many more saved these past 30 years. Is Lincoln better then a man who has saved a billion+ people? Is Thomas Edison, the creator of light, better then the man who has saved a billion+ lives?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Alexander Fleming would have to be my vote for the greatest human ever. At least if we judge this by lives saved. Fleming's discovery of Penicillin certainly has saved countless millions from death and untold suffering. However, if judged simply by influence or the impact that a man has had on humankind then my vote would go to that unknown neanderthal who dared to control fire.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmmm....The first one...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would go with Slavoljub Penkala What invention has been more used then the pen?.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I would go with Slavoljub Penkala What invention has been more used then the pen?.

Toilet Paper?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Mr Nice. aka Howard Marks

www.urban75.com...

[edit on 28-5-2005 by phixion]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The pencil for one, and paper, no paper, no pen. But the Alexander Fleming, a few million, or a BILLION!

Yes there have probably been a couple hundred million saved by him, but Norman, in 1970, had saved a BILLION+!!!!! Some people make a billion, he saves a billion.

EDIT:Who the hell is Howard Marks and what did he do besides drugs?

[edit on 28-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oppenheimer...

The development of nuclear arms has kept the world's greatest militaries from engaging each other openly for over half a century, saving BILLIONS of lives...

Maybe an odd way to view it, but that's how I see it... Nukes are both the best and worst invention we've ever developed....

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maddox is the best person ever IMO.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's hard to pick one. I'll throw a few names out there:

Jesus
Benjamin Franklin
Sir Isaac Newton
Galileo Galilei
Socrates
Michelangelo Buonarroti

Peace

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Richard gatling. he invented the more leathel way of moeing down the enemy. if there gonna be dumb enough to stand in a line why not know em down. i did a report on hima dn he had a pretty intresting life. i know its kinda bad to think someone who invented a gun that can fire about 1000 rpm and more is the greatest person but think about it. would the south had gotten the upper hand without gattling?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Jesus? I think James means real people, so I am gonna go with....

George Washington.

He beat the All Mighty British, he made it so Americans could vote for a leader, a president, and not be stuck with a new king. He set the standards, and if his words had been listend to we wouldn't have Bush in office.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would dare say its impossible to truly call one person the greatest human ever, because what some categorize as greatness is not to others. Everyones suggested inventors so far, and thats fine if you want great on a massive scale, but to many greatness is far more localized. It could be a father who takes the time to play baseball with his son on the weekends while giving him important lessons on life, the mother who tends your childhood wounds, or the one person who listens and accepts you while all others treat you like subhuman scum. Often its the smaller thigns that matter more than someone inventing something that saves (or as some suggested takes) lives.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
There was one who died for over 6 billion people to be saved but only a couple million at best accepts him truly and he is the greatest human ever with a father thats unbeatable and amazing.

This man is even proven to be by scientists that went to prove him wrong but now they just make up things about him.

AND the best part is you will all meet him within 120 years and you will be trembling like a little girl!! Hahahahhaha man that must suck knowing you will meet him but making yourself believe he didnt exist so you can go ________ and _________ (Add sins here)

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Albert Einstein gets my vote for the moment.

Fleming would be a grand, grand choice too.

But then so would Marie Curie, Louis Pasteur and the like.

Almost too many to choose from, really!

Btw...Wisdumb? Um. Proof that Jesus physically existed doesn't prove that he's the son of God, or anything else claimed in your post.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If Tesla's s--t wasn't covered up and all that jazz, I think he'd win it. But we may never know how great he actually was. Does anyone know who won that "Greatest American" thing on TV? Or is it not over yet?

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Greatest American = Ronald Reagan
Greatest Person = Jesus

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Jesus? I think James means real people, so I am gonna go with....

Rocket scientist: Jesus was a real person.

And George Washington?? A slave owner is the greatest human ever? Yeah, okay.

I'll go with Jesus and then I'll give an honorable mention to the following:

Einstein
Lenonardo Da Vinci
Picasso
Stephen Hawkings
Tesla
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Ghandi
Mother Theresa

[edit on 19-8-2005 by XanaX]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Jesus Christ for the win. How many people did he save? Countless billions from every tribe, tongue and nation!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
L Ron Hubbard whos works have helped millions of people worldwide.

www.realhubbard.org...

[edit on 8-19-2005 by websurfer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join