It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we a Fascist State Yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avih Samar
Mussolini, who knew a thing or two about fascism, defined fascism as the merging of corporate and state power. Bush and Cheney are fascists, or corporatists, if you prefer a more polite word. Bush and Cheney think the country should be run for the benefit of large corporations. With Bush and Cheney in power, the large corporations are running the country by controlling Congress with their lobbyists and controlling the governmental process through their inside political connections.
Of course, it helps that Bush and Cheney are bought and paid for errand boys for the large oil companies.

Bush claims the authority to declare any U.S. citizen an enemy combatant, then imprison him indefinitely with no charges filed and no right to see an attorney. I would really like to hear an explanation from a Bush apologist why this in itself does not constitute fascism.

That was very well said, and I'm going to agree w/ you on those points.
I don't know how any bush supporter can debunk those points, they are too in your face and we all know it's true, we all know what the problems are in this political state. We've all heard problems w/ lobbiest groups, softmoney, the loopholes, nobody can deny these points of fact. why they dont want to care enough about the well being of this country confuses me because these are they guys who wave those flags and show off those bumper stickers, yet they dont see the problem they are encouraging when they go to the polls. it's like they can't make the connection.. and its not b/c they're stupid, it's blind ignorance and thats even worse then being stupid. i wish they were stupid, that would be more flattering and help me sleep better.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The facts are disturbing:

1) We're lead by an extrememly secretive government - we are in an unprecedented point in time in American government with the number of law suits between branches of government for disclosure of information previously given freely

2) War & the industries that support it have been the SOLE growth sector of our GDP for over a year

3) The media is a willing propaganda arm to the government by both failing to broadcast the numerous protests that accompany the president's appearences, framing our military actions in only a favorable light, and scrubbing the syntax errors of Bush before posting transcripts.
They also fail to report that this president has: set a record in less than half his term in the FREQUENCY of fund raiser stops AND the amount garnered, the number of times he's spoken to the American people is a THIRD of the time he's been golfing, and he's been at his vacation spots a full 42% of his presidency.
YET, with all of the above by our Commander in Chief, they continue to spout 'We're at WAR'....hmmm? You mean FDR did all the above, worked 9 to 5 with a two hour lunch for a jog ( I know , he wished!) and prosecuted a war as the C in C like GW? And if Ari Fleisher is not the reincarnation of Josef Goebbals, I'll eat my hat.

Interesting Qoute:
"I do believe, with all sincerity, and with every patriotic fiber of my being that these people are fascists at heart. And I`m talking about the Italian model of fascism. They believe that the government should be run by a business elite, on corporate lines, that any kind of interference should be dealt with, in whatever way they can deal with it. They`re obsessed with their own power, they have utter comtempt for democracy, they have utter contempt for the constitution and if you continue to read all of what Bush says these days... you can see the evidence that came from his own mouth; the Bush Dyslexicon is full of evidence like this."

- Media Studies Professor Mark Crispin Miller

Listen:
www.wfmu.org...

Yeah- your right, I'm scared and I've been reading about this too. I'm sorta preoccupided with it more than when I was in high school!

Yikes! BTW, for those who were wondering,yes, I was bsb2005. Nice to see Byrd and seekerof still here.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join