It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Church Sign In Favor of Qu'ran Flushing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is freedom of speech at a whole new level.This is a well traveled street and gets much traffic.
From what is presented, the loss of life seems insignificant compared to the religious belief of some.I am not forgetting 9/11 by any means, but hate breeds hate.

www.thedigitalcourier.com
Seema Riley, a Muslim, who was born in Pakistan and reared in New York, was one of those upset by the sign.

She moved to Rutherford County for the "small town friendly" atmosphere, she said. When she saw the sign on the side of the highway Saturday she felt angered and threatened.

"We need a certain degree of tolerance," said Riley. "That sign doesn't really reflect what I think this county is about."

She said that according to Islamic faith, a follower does not even touch the Koran without going through a ritual cleansing. Muslims believe the physical book to be a sacred item that is treated with respect and reverence, much like the image of Jesus in Christianity, according to a report on National Public Radio.

"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What sort of debacles do we have to endure to prove a point?
If a Muslim temple said flush the bible, what would be the result..
Can't we all find compassion somewhere deep in our hearts?
I am still in shock from the attack on us, and will probably still be until my dying day.

[edit on 24-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

[edit on 24-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

[edit on 25-5-2005 by siriuslyone]

Odd

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
an extremist Christian sect put up a sign...

but an extremist Muslim sect killed three thousand-odd American citizens.

i'll flush the quran if i damn well please.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So you are an extremist Christian then?

Odd

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am not; that's a pretty hefty assumption to make based on that post.

One group is advocating the 'desecration' of a book; the other is party to the destruction of innocent human lives. It is not particularly difficult to see which is the lesser of the two evils.

[edit on 5/24/2005 by Odd]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
it wasn't muslims who did 911. it was a small group of GODLESS infidels.
no devout muslim goes boozing it up the night before his "suicide mission'. it's all a lie. the official 911 story is nothing but a carrot to get you donkeys to walk in the direction 'they' want you to go.

if some guy sucker punches me in a bar, do i then go and seek vengance on ALL bar-hopping men? would that be 'justified'?
freedom from persecution for religious beliefs is supposed to be a right, no?
stupid righteous red-neck hickbilly bible belt submorons.... and i mean that in the nicest way.

you see, the whole 'war' thingy is actually a real life hegelian dialectic, and anyone who is mad at the arabs is providing half the equation for WW3. you 'hate' them 'cause they knocked your little buildings down(which they didn't, it was an inside job), and now, they are mad at you because you've invaded their countries and murdered at LEAST a hundred thousand of them AND you are desecrating their holy #.
meanwhile, back at the bank, the profits are rolling in, while the middle class is eliminated along with all their constitutional rights..........

[edit on 25-5-2005 by billybob]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's just a logical question to ask from your post.

But, I don't think these Quran flushers are the extremist Christians. The extremist Christians are ones like Eric Rudolph or John Ashcroft, hardly harmless.

Both are wrong or to use your phrase, "evil". And if you want to start a discussion on the "destruction of innocent human lives", just take a gander at the Iraq War.

I'm sure you'll find a way to justify it, just as those radical Muslims will find a way to justify their killings.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Sometimes I think flushing all the "good books" might be a good idea.
But can the Earth's plumbing handle it?

Odd

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Jamuhn:

where, exactly, did I state that I support the war in Iraq?

KILLING IS BAD. FLUSHING A BOOK DOWN THE TOILET IS NOT BAD.

I don't see what's so goddamn hard about that.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't think you did in this thread, but you have implied such in others. I was merely making a point for everyone. But if you wish to compare extremist Muslims to Quran flushers, you'll just be comparing apples to oranges. I was simply making a reply to your tangent and pointing out who the real extremist, militant Christians are.

And it's not just extremist Muslims who are upset about talk of flushing the Quran.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I am muslim myself and I found what has happened to be very disturbing.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
it's just a MANUFACTURED clash of cultures. this is the way we start world wars, which lead to FABULOUS PROFIT for a small handful of men who are engineering the whole thing.
we all kill each other, filled with hate, and every time one of us dies, a banker earns his wings.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is hypocrisy at its most obvious, if this sign had been anti-american that caused the loss of life such as the newsweek article, we have lefties defending as "freedom of Speech!" "freedom of the press!" and so on. As soon as something anti-islamic-fascist. comes out, whom the lefties seem to have whored themselves to, its "thats too far!" and "this freedom of speech on a whole new level!" :shk: sad, truly sad.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
IMHO the sign is proof that some "Christians" really do not have any clue what Christianity is all about. Christianity isn't about sitting in judgement of others, nor is it about insulting people.

I hope that these "Christian" hyprocrites come to their senses, take the sign down and apologize for their less than Christian behavior. I'll pray for them.

Jemison

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't know whether to vote no for the bias of that horrible introduction paragraph or for the source, which is bad and was quoted badly.

Zip

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Paper, ink, and a cow hide "holy"? For all we know, some korans may use pig skin instead.

I find fault with a religion that holds a physical book in such high esteem, but not human life; even of the "infidels".

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A bit off-topic, but a comment to one of the posts in this thread, by billybob:

meanwhile, back at the bank, the profits are rolling in, while the middle class is eliminated along with all their constitutional rights..........

I just read that the number of millionaires in the US is approaching record levels. On the other hand, same is true for personal bankruptcies. What's wrong with the picture?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think this sums up my feelings and says it in a much better way than I could ever hope to.

from original news article
"Putting such a sign in a public place is an un-American example of intolerance, of aggressive disrespect for other citizens' deeply held views," said Donald Searing, Burton Craige Professor of Political Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. "This is the sort of attitude and action that seriously endangers the liberty which lies at the heart of our democracy. It is also a good reminder that just because one may have the legal right to say something, doing so may not be morally, socially or politically desirable."

The bold part was my doing btw.

The older I get the more I think that using common sense is something that is dissappearing from the world and this is just one more example of that.

[edit on 25-5-2005 by justme1640]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is hypocrisy at its most obvious, if this sign had been anti-american that caused the loss of life such as the newsweek article, we have lefties defending as "freedom of Speech!" "freedom of the press!" and so on. As soon as something anti-islamic-fascist. comes out, whom the lefties seem to have whored themselves to, its "thats too far!" and "this freedom of speech on a whole new level!" sad, truly sad.

"if" this had been an anti-american sign.
holy tangent, batman, get the polarisation repellent!

do you not believe in freedom of speech? that makes YOU 'anti-american'. 'hate speech' is the limit of free speech.

in my country, people have 'the RIGHT to freedom from persecution due to religious beliefs'. that means, that sign qualifies as hate speech(in canada, it would, anyway). how about down there? is it hate?

i gotta say, too. VERY ANTICHRISTIAN to flush a holy book. what are they trying to do? start a war? bloody red necks.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Maybe Muslims should look in their own backyard before complaining about (1) sign put up by (1) small church in suburban America.

Overseas, Islam is blowing up Christian churches, killing in the name of Allah and cutting innocent throats, but the Muslims get insulted by this??

-We Muslims will cut your throats and blow up your sky-scrappers, but don't you DARE insult Islam or the Koran....OR ELSE!!!

Srew that noise, I bought a Koran last month, shredded half of it and now use it in my Kitty litter box.....hahahahaha. Thats what I think of Islam and the Koran. The whole Islamic religion is a sick death-cult that needs to be changed or wiped out.

Maximu§

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You have voted billybob for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Wow... That was the most condensed description and evidence presenting of 9-11 conspiracy info that I have ever seen...

and humorous also...

good one...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join