It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Church Sign In Favor of Qu'ran Flushing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 02:10 PM
Hum . . . just one question . . . how many muslin has die since invasion of Iraq at the hands of the US that has nothing to do with 9/11?

You know once in a while we should reverse the roles of who is who in the world.

I think we have killed enough Muslims already . . . 9/11 has been avenged ten times over.

Time to stop the madness and blindness and face reality.

I have a beautiful copy of the Qu’ran and is mine . . . I have not desire to flushed in the toilet like a child with a temper tantrum, and I don’t wash my hands when I am handling the book either like a fanatical believer.

And for the church sign in favor of Qu'ran flushing well . . . it seems that they are also acting silly and behaving like children, spoil and inmature.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:50 AM

Some christians aren't muslims??!!??!
I am shocked and offended!!
How dare non-muslims not be muslim
[/sarcasm and feigned surprise]

I find bigoted christian extremist hypocrisy as much of a problem as the next guy, but, man, obviously most christians think that the koran is bogus, just like most muslims think that the new testament is false. I can understand, tho, offense taken is its taken as a statement that all muslims shoudl be flushed down the toilet and destroyed.

For example, if this was Weimar Germany, and some christians were rallying and burning torahs, well, with hindsight, we wouldn't blame the jews for getting really concerned. But any idea of 'this is insulting to my religion' is, in and of itself, b/s. No 'religion' deserves automatic respect from everyone. And obviously other religions, as religions, don't have to 'respect' other religions.

Of course, if a mosque was to have a bible shredding session, they're be a riot, so that brings us back to the whole hypocrisy thing.

Maybe a bunch of peopel should get together and rip pages out of a bunch of holy books. Then put random pages toghether to make another book and see if it makes more or less sense?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:55 AM

So if I come over to your house and use some of the Gospels for toilet paper, you're ok with that? What if I desecrate a cross??

Now, of course, your issue was in relation to life versus some book. However there are a lot of christians that would probably rather die than really horribly desecreat a bible or image of jesus. Obviously this church isn't doing anything nearly as terrible as what the jihadis did on 911, but I think its understandable, to a degree and in a sense, that muslims get upset over it, just like christians would, and do, get upset at similar things.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:20 PM
Flush away ODD !

Are there restrictions within Islamic tradition about the manufacture, transport, shelf stocking, sale and home storage of this particular chunk of re-assembled wood-pulp?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:52 PM

One group is advocating the 'desecration' of a book; the other is party to the destruction of innocent human lives. It is not particularly difficult to see which is the lesser of the two evils.

Typical black and white response habituated through an ignorant perspective; one 'certain' group commited acts of terrorism upon the United States, and even that, under a great deal of umbrage in regards to fault. The other, well, seeps it's dirty hands through lobby groups without impunity affecting the future education of our generations to come, advocating pro-life dribble whilst touting a leader, a self proclaimed 'war-president', as the sole precentor of their faith, as the man to bring freedom and Christianity through out the 'uncivilized' faith throught the advent of cruise missiles. Do remember, it was the Islamic world only several decades ago subordinate to the west and it's socio-political-economic interests, as the case remains today. And also do remember, that it was the United States funding dictators in that part of the world, providing them with chemical/biological weapons, and it was the U.S. who vetoed any resolutions against these dictators by the U.N.

If anything, the U.S. has secretly advocated the destruction of lives under the flag of capitalism, power and visceral self-preservation.

Maybe Muslims should look in their own backyard before complaining about (1) sign put up by (1) small church in suburban America.

Overseas, Islam is blowing up Christian churches, killing in the name of Allah and cutting innocent throats, but the Muslims get insulted by this??

-We Muslims will cut your throats and blow up your sky-scrappers, but don't you DARE insult Islam or the Koran....OR ELSE!!!

Srew that noise, I bought a Koran last month, shredded half of it and now use it in my Kitty litter box.....hahahahaha. Thats what I think of Islam and the Koran. The whole Islamic religion is a sick death-cult that needs to be changed or wiped out.

I would highly suggest you refer yourself to a pyschologist, lest you commite an atrocious crime upon an innocent Muslim. You truely are in need of help, and I speak this out of rationality and not anger as it may have been elicted by your ignorant remarks to others.

You, sir, are a bigot.

Flushing a Qu'ran down the toilet solves nothing but our own ignorance and inability to discourse the differences we have with eachother in a productive and positive manner.

Only the tool of the ignorant is this way.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:15 PM
whoa! whoa! hold it zero, i dont know what liberal propaganda you've been listening to but no one is trying to convert "uncivilized" people, hell there isnt even such a thing anymore.
Please, Please! think for your self and dont align yourself with ideologies.

<< 1   >>