It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 proofs to GODs existance

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thank you Jag your words and understanding is appreciated

Yes Valhall, I could put something together with respect to the Blog, there are some things I would like to present there first and do feel I should find that site as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Quote from Resentedhalo
That is the biggest load of crap ive ever seen, lol. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOD!

Indeed that is just an article of faith with you, many of us have good and just reasons to believe in God. If you do not wish to believe, then that is your business. But the flame was uncalled for. Also no one forced you to enter this particular forum at ATS or this particular thread.

Quote from Valhall
That comment is unfounded, an opinion, and not in keeping with the topic of this thread.

Please refrain from flaming.

Indeed Valhall the flame was uncalled for, but Resentedhalo just presented his or her opinion. Although somewhat unrelated to the topic discussion and so totally wrong (indeed God does exist), Resentedhalo still has the right to express it. At least Resetedhalo did not present some old hat skeptic argument that has repeated over and over and has not thusly falling in the trap of being a "unskeptical skeptic". You know, I have always wondered. Why do people who do not believe in God, spend so much time in trying to disprove God's existence?

Toltec I look forward to the story about Quexalcote.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Look, guys, I dont care if you wanna put your faith in an invisble spook roaming around in the clouds, thats your business, and a protected right. My business is when the followers of said spook take control of the govornment and steer the country on the guidance of said invisible spook. George Bush is listening to god in his head and driving us to ruin. Thus, religion and politics in the same cart, the very nightmare that the Muslim world is engulfed in. teligious superstition and schitzophrenia steering our nation? How do we differ from Muslims then?

Osama Bin laden hears voices from god too. So does Bush. So, both are basically communing with the same big spook, but hes feeding them different lines of bull#. Sounds like god is a banker to me, or an Illuminati, since hes playing both sides of the war. Who is really following said supreme being? One side claims only they have the truth. Another side claims they have the only truth. Hell, everyone claims this. If god existed, i think, in his omnipotence, that he would have clarified matters for people instead of fircing the dilema of faith. After all, according to some of your superstitions, those who dont believe what you believe fry in hell. Wouldnt a loving god clear through the clutter and show you which one is real?

Thus, why good athiests, agnostics, and heathens are needed to balance and slam religions, to keep them in check and from getting out of control. believe what you want, i dont care if you wanan pray to Allah, Jesus, Buddah, Yaweh, Zeus., or your dorrknob, keep it within your own community, When your superstions drive an entire nation down your w=own religious course, then it becomes everyones problem and must be stopped.

Incedentally, the Jesus myth was ripped off from countless heathen sun god worship traditions. The idea of a pure male of divine origin born of a virgin mortal or godess is older than even the Hebrews. Its the myth of the cycle of the seasons. The sun is born, (the winter solstace) the sun grows to manhood (spring) the sun in its prime sheds blessing and life upon the world(summer) the comming chill fo winter means the grain, the fruit of the sun, must be cut down and sacrificed to prepare for winter(autumn), the sun is finally killed (Halloween, or other pre winter celebrations), and the sun is reborn again anew, ressurected, whatever(winter solstace again) the cycle of the seasons. Oldest myth of mankind, the Christians werent the first. And much of the stories in the bible were ripped off by the Israelites during thier time in Babylon. (the flood, the garden of Eden both stem from even older babylonian myths).

Reality check. Its a buyers market out there, and Chritianity is in decline. Unfortunately, the unnatural tenents of Christianity (no sex outside marriage, love thy enemies, ect) have stiffeled people too much to the point that revolt, started long before modern times, is in full speed.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thank you Jag

Resentedhalo would ask that you present content rather than discontent.

The point of the forum ultimately is discussion

Jag has presented an argument/point to be honest. I do not have a problem with any response. Which takes into consideration that the inherent fallacies of logic
have been circumvented or alternatively a response made in which those rules are adhered to.

So, despite the fact I gave Jag a hard time I want a clean fight.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I do not believe you have actually read the entire topic posting called "The Unskeptical Skeptic - Part 1" where your contention of Christians "ripping of their beliefs" has been discussed and addressed. Perhaps you did read it and did not comprehend the argument and information presented. However if you have not already (or even if you have), why don't you read the entire thread and see what you think.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i have one

Trumpet players are perfect
God is Perfect
Therefore god exists

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I can concieve of no god...therefore god does not exist. Besides, we are not perfect, therefore we cannot create something perfect, meaning god is not perfect.

I really find it amazing, most people didn't originally choose to believe in god they just got kind of schmoozed into it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
no duh god is imperfect.

look at the giraffe!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Personally, I believe that there is a God, so don't take this the wrong way.
Those statements are not proving anything. In order for something to be considered proof, they have to be able to be proven. Stating that without God there is no reason is not proving anything, nor can the statement be proven to be fact. Most of the statements are simply philosophical assumptions.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
There is no proof. If there was, faith would not have to exist.

www.godlessgeeks.com...

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by Barbarian]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
God is Love -- God exists
God is Love -- God is everywhere
God is Love -- God is eternal

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barbarian

You're either stupid or a liar!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Also, why are people so distraught when someone close dies if they know one day they will see them in heaven?

ill cut that down further....

why does a person close to someone die?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I hope whoever wrote that 300 proofs isn't serious. that's the most absurd piece of rubbish I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Hmm, which is worse, to lack intelligence or to lack moral judgement?

Did you not understand what I said, or do you want to believe the contrary to what I said?

My point is that if there is proof of the physical existence of a diety, believers of this proof would not have to rely on faith to believe in it. For example, those that believe in the laws of physics do not have faith that these laws exist, but rather knowledge that they exist. Do you see the difference?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Hmm, which is worse, to lack intelligence or to lack moral judgement?

To fall short on both and replace it with pride I guess.

Did you not understand what I said, or do you want to believe the contrary to what I said?

You said it yourself. Or are you speeking like a serpent now? Or with a split tongue as the American natives say. You said that you can't proove God's existence. I said yes, you can. For God is love. Everyone can proove that God exists, not just noone. We are all living proofs that God exists.

My point is that if there is proof of the physical existence of a diety, believers of this proof would not have to rely on faith to believe in it.

Well, Satan has sought to kill every single proof we have had until this very day. But there were some he couldn't reach. He has also done his tricks with the books in such a way that only a few can find those proofs which are still left. Let me give you a simple example: Have you ever wondered why it seems to be two entities in God? Elohim and YHWH? That is because we need to be two in order to love. Like Jezjuah says: Wherever two of you are gathered in my name, I walk among you. God is neither YHWH or Elohim. God lives between them, for God is Love. Like Jezjuah said: You can not serve two masters. You would hate the one and love the other or love the one and hate the other. God is Love. His Spirit lives in the Prophetic Word.

For example, those that believe in the laws of physics do not have faith that these laws exist, but rather knowledge that they exist. Do you see the difference?

Well, God can change those laws any day. Thermodynamics won't save you in the day of trouble. Love, however, might. God just put those laws there for convenience. Love needs rest too you know. He made those laws. And Love has a personality and a body too. That, however is a bit more difficult to proove. Unless you see everything created as a physical manifestation of Love as I do.

God is Love. In other words, God exists, he is eternal, the first and the last, he is everywhere, anytime, well Love is God. Don't tempt Love, it can turn into a serpent just to put you in place. Are you challenging this? If so you are either a fool or a notorious liar. As simple as that. I'm not saying that you are, just that such statements as you served is emptiness and folly. You speek of God as if you know who he is, but your words reveil that you deny or repress his nature.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
why does a person close to someone die?

We've been through this a million times: Adam and Eve, the Tree of Wisdom, spiritual adultary, the serpent, thelomeres bla. bla. bla. Grow up. If you're such a genious and such a sage, and you speek of the sacred things. Atleast know your bible. Or lets put it in the word of love, science and sense: If we hadn't died at a reasonable age, if God or nature or whatever you choose to believe in, didn't regulate the stock of Man. How many people do you think would have lived today? How much food would there have been around? How much water etc. etc.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
grow up? im sorry but i think anyone who believes in fairy tales needs to grow up.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

ARGUMENT FROM LONELINESS
(1) Christians say that Jesus is their best friend.
(2) I'm lonely, and I want a best friend.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
that goes 'round and 'round. Those who deny God's existence deny themselves.

Proof of God? It is all around you. Are you not a living breathing person? What makes you breathe, think, live? Surely one doesn't think that the jumbled mess of an illusion each and everyone of us are think from the blood and guts inside out body?

What is the energy that causes EVERYTHING to exist? The energy is God our father and creator. We and everything around us are a product of he/she.

Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join