It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 - no ALIENS after all... read inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I was just watching Return to Area-51 on discovery and they were interviewing a pilot who used to work at Area 51 and he said he was there when Area-51 first opened up. It never was meant for 'Alien technology study' and more just Air Force study/technology. Can all these rumors about Alien studies at Area-51 be completely false? What do you think?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
you can always go back to the fact that of course hes going to say that.

might have to say it.

maybe there is nothing there.

whatever it is, its secret and the public (taxpayers) should really know.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
when my dad was in the air force he told me he was offered a job at area 51 but he turned it down. I dont know why he did it, maybe he did not want to be scrutinized to get clearance. he also told me he was pretty sure nothing "extra-terrestrial" was there, but who knows? he didnt actually get clearance to go there so he was never on the base. so its entirely possible they got spaceships there, possible not probable. I thought this was an interesting story to share.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I don't hold government employee opinions on the subject to any high esteem. There are oaths of secrecy and repurcussions to be had for divulging national security secrets. To me this is a criminal act of long term deception and other criminal acts to fund and support the deception.

What I'm trying to say is, I think many (not all) who currently or formerly work with government classified projects that admit to nothing of the veracity of this subject are lying. Either to save their own skins, their families, or they truly believe they are doing the "right thing" by continuing the lie that the government has nothing of import concerning ETs and their vehicles.

Do I think the pilot you are describing is lying? I know nothing of him other than what you typed, so I can't form much of an opinion. I really don't think too much in the way of ET originated vehicles were tested at Area 51. Perhaps none at all. Or if they were, they aren't now because the area is too well known. I suspect the majority of such flight testing and experimentation is handed over to military contractors and military bases outside the physical borders of the United States in third world countries where there are far fewer prying civilian eyes that have access to evidence creating devices and media outlets to report what they see. The U.S. has something to the order of over 700 military bases across the globe in around 130 different countries. More than enough to keep the ET subject away from U.S. soil.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Frith]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
there isn't one day that passes by that I don't think about what really does go on at Area-51... Odd huh.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Frith, I can really understand that. Yes we are sworn to secrecy to not report something that could be detrimental to the security of the nation. The problem lies in the people claiming what is detrimental and what isn't. I know that when i was in the military you are suppose to follow the orders given to you. Well what if that order was to keep the knowledge for the cure for cancer? Put in that position with the knowledge that i possessed how could I not disclose it? I'd have to be completely inhuman to not care about people dying.The fact that it should be knowledge for everyone. This is just an extreme. The problem lies when the government official starts selling the secrets. That is when a person is considered distrustful. Acting on their own interests instead of the needs of the country and/or others. But these are just my views so take them with a grain of salt.

-Aza

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just want to see what it looks like inside.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, I can tell you exactly what it looks like inside. Think of corridors of white hallways and offices with no windows. Also think of some rooms or labs with biometrics and various restricted offices with smartcard technology implemented. Also various room being compartmented for the various security classifications. Don't forget metal detectors in the front entrance to keep out any unauthorized media like floppy disks, camera.

There is also numerous additions for security like personnel guarding entrances. A triple layer sensor grid within the building and a monitoring center to make sure people are not going into the wrong areas.

And FYI I've never been to Area 51, but I've been in the community and I know how security is done in a secure area. Nothing classified about that just common sense.

-Aza

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Anyone one have any pictures that were supposedly taken inside area 51?

Azathoth thanks for the deception, Do you know what it may look like in certain areas such as the restricted rooms.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nasty and bland. Think of a room with no windows. Most secure sites are like that. As well as having soundproof insulation and background music to keep from being monitored. All basic unclassified ways that companies also use for secure areas.

-Aza

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Heh of course alien tech and bodys are not thear im not saying that aliens arnt real but why would the gov keep stuff like that at one of the most famous military bases in probably the world.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I bet that the navy has an enormous military base at sea that is clocked 24/7 It is probably located near Antarctica or some were, that is almost completely isolated from civilians. It makes sense put the base were no one can get to it.

I would imagine It would be a floating city, complete with nuclear reactors, airports, hangers for jets, research labs, and much much more.

It may look like this:

[edit on 23-5-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
There are so many stories about Area 51 that we will never know the truth, and maybe that is for the best.

I think the pilot you mentioned earlier is Tony LeVier, a Lockheed test pilot in the 50's assigned to project AQUATONE (U-2 spy plane).

Originally From ATS Main Site
Tony LeVier, Lockheed's test pilot assigned to test-fly the U-2 spyplane, claims the credit for recognizing Groom Dry Lake as a suitable test site. The CIA gave U-2 designer Kelly Johnson the task of choosing and building a secure test site. In March 1955, Johnson sent LeVier and Skunk Works foreman Dorsey Kammerer to visit potential test sites in the deserts of southern California, Nevada, and Arizona. After two weeks, LeVier presented Johnson with his impressions, and Johnson chose Groom Lake.

Levier may deny the claims that their are aliens at Groom Lake but how would he know if there is/was?

Levier was merely chosen to test the U-2 and found an amazing piece of the Nevada desert in which to do so. I imagine his stay at Area 51 was pretty short lived, and after he left the US government used the facility for many things other than the testing of aircraft.

I think the only reason that the stories of aliens came about was because of Bob Lazaar, and most people are very skeptical about Mr Lazaar's claims.
If what Lazaar says is true then it is guaranteed that there is aliens (or at least alien craft) at Area 51, but if he is lying.....well then thats just another massive blow to the people that truly believe the US government are hiding little grey men in the most secretive and talked about base on Earth.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He also maybe didn't have the clearance or need-to-know. Who knows, I tend to believe that alien technology has been there at one time or another...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

He also maybe didn't have the clearance or need-to-know.

But he was one of the first staff there so surely if there ever has been aliens at Groom Lake they wouldnt have been there from the beggining???

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Not true. Doesn't mean the alien technology was there from the very start. He might be lying too. Remember also that everything at Area 51 is separated. You do your job, and you know nothing about what other people do. So like I said, he may not have had the nee-to-know or the clearance, or be working on that.

Jes

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, maybe Area 51 wasn't meant for alien technology study, but later develope into that. Maybe it was just a place to try out new aircraft but seeing that humans were getting smarter and their technology was getting better, the aliens started trading their advanced aircraft for the silence of the government, while they experimented on humans. I'm not saying that that's when human experimentation began but once this world started advancing in their technology, maybe the aliens thought that now they needed to buy the silence of the government, being that with
better technology,it would be easier to realize what the aliens were doing to humans. But that's a different subject. What I'm saying is that area 51 probably wasn't what it is now because of human advancement in technology.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
From what I understand, Area 51 was already in existence when the alien crash happened...the alien technology was then shunted to different companies in the US for research and development.

I have recently heard a rumor that Area 51 has an even bigger secret project going on.....timetravel.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They are probably trying to find out how to break the string theory, therefore they can travel in inter dimensional space. In other words walk through a portal that could take them from New York to California in a mater of millionths of a second.

The sting theory could also revolutionize space travel seeing we could get to mars with out ever leaving earth. If there are aliens they probably travel through space using simular methods because even at the speed of light it take hundreds if not millions of years to travel from 1 star to another and as we know you cannot go faster than the speed of light, so what is left?

Once we master this. We will be able to do anything really. Space will be so much easier to explore and it will also make time travel and teleportation possible, guess those aliens arn't so cleaver after all considering we may have already un locked inter dimensional space travel and it could be the big secrete at area 51.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My Dad was in the AF as well, and recently I started talking to him about UFOs.....He didn't deny nor confirm, and he had wicked high clearance when he was in. I can't crack him because he believes the knowledge he has should stay with him..Think "I could tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya"...
If he had denied it, I would have been like "Ok, he's skeptical and there's nothing going on." but the fact that he didn't deny, he just kind of changed the subject makes me think he knows A LOT he can't/doesn't want to tell anyone...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join