Knights of Columbus creepy ceremony

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I wanted to re-open this thread because of some recent experiences.

I've been Catholic for a little over three years (converted agnostic), and a member of the Knights of Columbus for just over two years.

Last year my small council started performing our own first-degree ceremonies, rather than farming them out to a larger, older council nearby. So I not only remember my own degrees (I'm a fourth degree), but I've now read the official degree ceremony books supplied by the Supreme Council. Let's just say that the nonsense spouted by some on this thread about what the ceremonies consist of is utter rubbish.

Next, I was elected Grand Knight of my council in June, and attended our State Leadership Conference last week. It's training for new Grand Knights and Financial Secretaries. VERY informative and inspirational. The sheer number of charitable causes to which the Knights contribute is awe inspiring: wheelchairs to Haitian children, sponsoring Special Olympics, ultrasound machines for OB/GYN/Pregnancy clinics, the list goes on and on.

Finally, about the "KKK-looking robes" mentioned earlier in the thread: my small council doesn't have robes; we just wear business casual and the appropriate jewels of office during our ceremonies. But for any who want to know what the robes look like, I found this Web page that shows a District Deputy during the appointment of a new Grand Knight and a new Chaplain.

kofc4399.org...

KKK? Hardly!
edit on 26-7-2012 by KofCAnswerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Another thing; about "surgical instruments" being part of the degree ceremony: I can't, of course, reveal details of the ceremony, but the items used are a matter of public record that could be searched for on-line by anyone.

I'll save folks the trouble:

www.kofcsupplies.com...

or

www.lynchkelly.com...

Look closely; no surgical instruments, razors, or other such devices there.

No goats, either.

<< 10  11  12   >>

join