It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus creepy ceremony

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I wanted to re-open this thread because of some recent experiences.

I've been Catholic for a little over three years (converted agnostic), and a member of the Knights of Columbus for just over two years.

Last year my small council started performing our own first-degree ceremonies, rather than farming them out to a larger, older council nearby. So I not only remember my own degrees (I'm a fourth degree), but I've now read the official degree ceremony books supplied by the Supreme Council. Let's just say that the nonsense spouted by some on this thread about what the ceremonies consist of is utter rubbish.

Next, I was elected Grand Knight of my council in June, and attended our State Leadership Conference last week. It's training for new Grand Knights and Financial Secretaries. VERY informative and inspirational. The sheer number of charitable causes to which the Knights contribute is awe inspiring: wheelchairs to Haitian children, sponsoring Special Olympics, ultrasound machines for OB/GYN/Pregnancy clinics, the list goes on and on.

Finally, about the "KKK-looking robes" mentioned earlier in the thread: my small council doesn't have robes; we just wear business casual and the appropriate jewels of office during our ceremonies. But for any who want to know what the robes look like, I found this Web page that shows a District Deputy during the appointment of a new Grand Knight and a new Chaplain.

kofc4399.org...

KKK? Hardly!
edit on 26-7-2012 by KofCAnswerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Another thing; about "surgical instruments" being part of the degree ceremony: I can't, of course, reveal details of the ceremony, but the items used are a matter of public record that could be searched for on-line by anyone.

I'll save folks the trouble:

www.kofcsupplies.com...

or

www.lynchkelly.com...

Look closely; no surgical instruments, razors, or other such devices there.

No goats, either.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chief_counsellor

I Agree coz i am also a K of C member in the Philippines.

and i see nothing like that

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
My husband joined the KoC when he was younger. He is no longer an active member and shared what little he remembered. (Couldn't have been that scary as he didn't recall too much detail!)

How old were you when he told you it was scary? Because I'm wondering if he used "scary" when he may have meant something else, maybe it was more mysterious and sobering.
if your husband revealed anything about the ceremonials, he did nothing but bring dishonor upon himself.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well if you really want to know your going to have to become Catholic and join the Knights of Columbus!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
just must be a practical Catholic, male, and over 18!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
God I love all these Protestant posts about a ceremony you no nothing about or a Church you know nothing of. God love your poor lying little hearts. Listen, this is coming from a Knight, the ceremony is nice, there are values instilled. There is nothing dangerous involved nor any reason to be scared. As for the person saying someone was scared or the ceremony was scary, I want to tell you what a liar you are. Straight up. I call it as it is. A lie. If you take a Protestant's word on anything Catholic, you're a fool. Plain and simple. If you've got questions on the Church's teachings, I personally invite you to the Mass and to have a sit down with a Priest. Now I know there are going to be comments and scrutiny. Let me make you very aware. I DONT CARE!!!! If you want the truth come get it! Don't rely on the bs of others telling you stuff they've never been involved in nor layer eyes on. If someone said there are four leprechauns guarding a pot of gold under the bridge around the neighborhood you live in and you really wanted to know the truth, you'd go look. Well the same applies with the Church. The same applies with the Knights of Columbus. Don't be scared. Just come check it out or shut up. Thanks. Love you theorists!

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Footofthecross4ever
If you take a Protestant's word on anything Catholic, you're a fool. Plain and simple.

You had me until here. I know a few Protestants to include an Anglican archbishop who knows plenty about the Catholic church (in his case, he used to be Catholic).

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No. You are completely wrong. The Knights, I being one, are not named after a goddess. As for the molester crap you post here, what about your Protestant pastors who beat the hell out of kids and the ones who mess with kids and their parents aren't bold enough to tell on the pastors? What about the pastors who screw around on their wives? What about the pastors who turn their congregation into a cult? Have you ever even looked at the Protestant side with its faults? I really doubt it because you're too busy protesting the Church. Look at Mormons. They're Protestant as well. Hell, sure lets all get 25 wives and have a big orgy. Yeah. That's real freaking religious. Damn bible thumping bs! Don't disgrace us again.a reply to: akilles

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ever take time to hear out Scott Hahn? A Protestant minister turned Catholic because he sought out, researched, learned the original language of the Holy Scriptures, and found the truth. I guarantee you that a Protestant does not know the truth about the Church. Oh, and the man who turns away from it is simply in denial, not truth. a reply to: KSigMason

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Lol! Nice return!a reply to: JustMe74

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chief_counsellor
What I can say, is the ceremonials are a very beautiful, enlightening expereince that any Catholic male would appreciate.

Do you guys' ceremony involve a goat?

Eta: never mind I see that's been answered.
edit on 18-2-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Footofthecross4ever
To be fair to the Mormons, the act of polygamy is no longer an acceptable practice.

a reply to: Footofthecross4ever
I've never of Scott Hahn, but as for my friend I don't doubt his knowledge on the truth of the Catholic Church.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: The Axeman

I got news for you... to be a Christian...one has to read it....the catholics official position on that is it's too dangerous to allow lay to read it.....

the real story is not to be ritualistic....like a koc....or the our father prayer

edit on 18-2-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rasputin13 The induction into the Knights of Columbus is not "scary". There are four degrees, and all are intended to teach important moral lessons. In the late 1800s, fraternal orders became popular, and the K of C was founded to provide Roman Catholic men an organization of their own, so that they would not stray to the several other such organizations of the time (Moose, Elks, Masons, Eagles, Woodmen of the World). I am a member of the K of C. I am also a Freemason. Both are Fraternities, and both provide services to their communities, and to their members. They also provide opportunities for leadership and are organizations where one can make friends with other men in a positive environment. You can read more about the K of C here: en.wikipedia.org... The K of C requires that one be Roman Catholic to belong. The Masons require a belief in Deity, and that requirement is often strongly criticized by errant preachers and others who have nothing better do do. If I were a young Catholic man, I would join the K of C. It is a very positive experience.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OldMason

welcome brother. I happen to be a mason and am/was a confirmed Roman Catholic. I was under the impression that my relationship with the church was terminated due to my masonic affiliation. Is there some new rule where the church condones freemasonry?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: KofCAnswerman

My father, who is deceased, was a knight, as was his best friend. It's a popular fraternity for Italians who don't want to join Cosa Nostra but enjoy brotherhood. They helped my mom when he passed, as that is par for the course. I've heard of the activities in ceremonial initiations being intense, I won't, out of respect for my father, reveal what I have uncovered. I want to know if I can become a Knight to honor my father but I never heard back from them when I left a message.

Can you give me any advice, my Idol JFK was also a member. I would appreciate any advice on joining.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The Catholics in my area provide food for the poor, hot and quality food every day, the work of one priest who is awesome. He is my friend, and I don't appreciate your stereotypes because of the bad apples. Another Catholic organization does dinner every night for the poor and anyone who wants food. Because of the Catholic church, no one starves where I live, and no one is turned away.

If you have to unburden your soul of a sin, even a crime you commited, that dark booth is the place you can do it without fear of being ratted out. Try confessing murder to a pastor and see how long it takes for the police to show up at your door.

Catholicism doesn't deserve to be stereotyped. You wouldn't have a bible or early Christian history without Catholicism. If you're not religious you could refrain from insulting a billion plus people and their faith as a matter of decency.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The Catholics in my area provide food for the poor, hot and quality food every day, the work of one priest who is awesome. He is my friend, and I don't appreciate your stereotypes because of the bad apples. Another Catholic organization does dinner every night for the poor and anyone who wants food. Because of the Catholic church, no one starves where I live, and no one is turned away.

If you have to unburden your soul of a sin, even a crime you commited, that dark booth is the place you can do it without fear of being ratted out. Try confessing murder to a pastor and see how long it takes for the police to show up at your door.

Catholicism doesn't deserve to be stereotyped. You wouldn't have a bible or early Christian history without Catholicism. If you're not religious you could refrain from insulting a billion plus people and their faith as a matter of decency.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join