It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus creepy ceremony

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

if that is true it sounds like the KoC are seriously trying to wage some kind of war against the masons. I think it is disgusting. It really shows that the Catholic church is a bunch of bigots.

I dont really mean to upset any Catholics on here for what it is worth.

I used to be part of the Catholic church until I saw what the Catholic church truly was - a bunch of stupid bigots. In my private catholic grammar school, we were implicitly taught to be intolerant of any beliefs other than our own (bigotry).

We were never taught anything about any other religion that existed in the world and we were taught that Catholicism is the true way and if you didn't believe that you can go to hell and to get out of their faces (implicitly of course).

edit: I was curious and decided to look up more on KoC - in all of their oaths it seems like they constantly attack Protestants and Masons... sickening ....
edit on 17-3-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

It is true my friend, i can assure you of that. They try to tell people they are good charatable folks but their oath tells you all you need to know. You can fool some people sometime of the time but you cant fool all the people all of the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It baffles me that you can lie like this. I mean, seriously, don't you have a conscience? You and I both know that what you've said here is absolute loyalist #e, motivated by anti-Catholic bigotry. What's the matter, aye? Did you watch one too many games where Celtic beat the Rangers, or did the IRA do in one of your relatives? Whatever it is, you've got a chip on your shoulder. Just another UK anti-Catholic bigot who wants to throw the Pope in jail. You and I both know you've never seen or heard anything like that anywhere in the world, let alone amongst the KofC, or in the Catholic Church... and if you can't admit that, you're not even worthy to being called a man.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Appian

It baffles me that you can lie like this. I mean, seriously, don't you have a conscience? You and I both know that what you've said here is absolute loyalist #e, motivated by anti-Catholic bigotry. What's the matter, aye? Did you watch one too many games where Celtic beat the Rangers, or did the IRA do in one of your relatives? Whatever it is, you've got a chip on your shoulder. Just another UK anti-Catholic bigot who wants to throw the Pope in jail. You and I both know you've never seen or heard anything like that anywhere in the world, let alone amongst the KofC, or in the Catholic Church... and if you can't admit that, you're not even worthy to being called a man.

I dont lie, im not a bigot, ive seen the oath, it's true. What's a game of football got to do with anything?
The Pope should be in Jail..........

POPE KNEW PRIEST WAS PAEDOPHILE BUT ALLOWED HIM TO CONTINUE WITH MINISTRY
www.timesonline.co.uk...

The church has been accused of a cover-up after at least 170 allegations of child abuse by German Catholic priests.

CATHOLIC CHURCH SEX ABUSE SCANDALS AROUND THE WORLD
www.bbc.co.uk...

In September 2010 the head of the commission released harrowing details of some 300 cases of alleged sexual abuse by Belgian clergy.

A few days later, on 20 March, Pope Benedict XVI apologised to victims of child sex abuse by Catholic priests in Ireland.

Over the past two decades, the Roman Catholic Church in the US - with the archdiocese of Boston in particular - has been embroiled in a series of child sex scandals.

Priest Abuse In Chicago: Study Shows Nearly 60% Of Chicago Parishes Had Pedophile Priests
www.huffingtonpost.com...

A new study conducted by three local advocacy groups paints a devastating picture of abuse by priests and other clergy within Chicago--showing that more than half of the Chicago Archdiocese's Catholic parishes have employed priests accused of sexual abuse.

Im a man alright but what are the Pope and his Priests.........i will let you decide that!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edward Palamar
the Epistle of the Bible states that "everything done in secret will be made known". For any one to begin a venture against such prophecy is a fool.

A) For someone who's calling out other Christians on their agreement with the Bible, speaking of an epistle as "the" epistle doesn't say much for your study of it.

B) That doesn't seem to say "secrecy is bad" so much as "don't do in secret what you wouldn't do in public," which from an outsider's stance the KoC (and, from an insider's, Freemasonry) have no cause for worries about.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Nice 'red-herring/ ad hominem/character assassination' argument there, mate. Use the sex scandals (which have nothing to do with the Knights of Columbus) to draw attention away from the KofC and onto the RCC, blow them out of proportion to assassinate the moral character of the Church instead of addressing what it actually does, teaches and is, and impose guilt upon the KofC by association with the RCC... all on top of your previous fabrications concerning the fourth degree's oath. Classic.

I can do that too! You live in Glasgow and you hate Irish people. The British murdered John Connolly in 1916 and parliament caused the 'Irish Potato Famine.' And the British used known criminals (Black&Tans) from England to be the police force in Ireland, to enforce the law through brutality and bigotry. Therefore, you hate Irish people because Glasgow is in the UK. See how that works? That's a logical fallacy called 'bifurcation.'

People just like you are the reason the Knights of Columbus were made, to protect Catholics from bigotry. Catholics were held in extreme suspicion and viciously discriminated against. They couldn't find work because no one would hire Catholics, and if they did find work they were still uninsured because the insurance companies would charge them insane rates, discriminating against them because of their Catholicity. The Catholics were in a terrible situation, because of bigots like yourself; they would work until their bodies quit, and then they would leave their orphans and their widows destitute, and nobody cared. The knights provided a solution to that problem, Catholics caring for Catholics in the manner of chivalry and charity.

Provide real documentation, bullet-proof, ironclad, air-tight facts against the Pope or leave him out of it. Yeah, there have been sexual abuses, but most of it wasn't paedophilia. In fact, an extremely small portion of the offenses were paedophilia. Most of the abuses were cases of homosexual pederasty, where perverted teenage boys were consenting to and frequently initiating sexual activity with their perverted homosexual priests. Realistically, in Sweden 15 is the legal age for marriage and sexual activity. Most of the "so-called" abuse cases were consensual, and did occur with people aged 15 to 17.

So, seeing that you are an irreligious, and obviously amoral person (since you have no qualms about lying), why aren't you attacking the nation of Sweden? Why aren't you attacking Saudi Arabia? Or any number of Islamic nations? Why aren't you saying something about cultures where your right of initiation into manhood is to be the forced sex toy of an older man... like in Afghanistan? Aye? Because you're a bloody hypocrite, that's why. Because you come from a post-Christian society that's bigoted against Christianity and its morals and values and seek any opportunity to smear the Church and the priesthood so that you can abolish their moral authority over society and yourself, because you stand for relativism, which means you really stand for nothing.

You know what mate... one in eleven males in normal society is or will be a sex offender (hebophiliac, pederast, paedophile). That's one in eleven males off the street, randoms. You know what percentage of priests are sex offenders? ONE IN ONE HUNDRED! One in one hundred! Which means that you can trust a priest TEN TIMES MORE than one of your own countrymen. A Catholic priest is ten times less likely to commit a sex crime than their average male counterpart. So what were you saying about pedophiles, hypocrite? For all we know, YOU are a paedophile. After all, you are ten times more likely of it than the people you are accusing and making bigoted blanket statements about. You want to talk about conspiracies? You're buying into one by regurgitating this tripe about the Church. Now, quit failing to death all over these message boards.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And even further, Christopher Columbus is not a saint. You called the Knights of Columbus 'sectarian,' but here you've posted sectarian fabrications (your so-called fourth degree oath) made by loyalists protestants who are looking for ways to smear Catholic fraternities... AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET THE RIGHT ORGANIZATION! The Knights of St.COLUMBA (not Columb-US) is a non-secret organization in one city in Scotland, and anyone can go to their meetings because they are open to the public. GTFO

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appian

People just like you are the reason the Knights of Columbus were made, to protect Catholics from bigotry.

That is funny, because from what I remember from the KoC oaths I looked up, you take blood oaths ( symbolic of course ) to discriminate against all Protestants and Masons no matter what the person, and you would rather choose a KoC over a Catholic over a Protestant over a Mason in any situation that calls for it. A blood oath you are sworn to with your life (symbolically). If that is not extreme discrimination/prejudice/bigotry I don't know what else is.

As a human (putting aside myself as a freemason), I would never do such a thing to any human being. That is just disgusting. I would never EVER selectively choose a human being over another because of his religion, or because of his affiliation. That just proves that Catholics (KoC) want to be separated and they pretty much are ASKING to be discriminated against.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Appian

I can do that too! You live in Glasgow and you hate Irish people

Really! I must hate most of my family then eh? My relations came over from Ireland 40yrs ago, yes! both Catholic and Protestant. My surname is as Irish as you can get!

Therefore, you hate Irish people because Glasgow is in the UK. See how that works?

No! but i can see how your biggoted mind works.

Sweeping generalization (The fallacy of accident, dicto simpliciter).....
People in the UK generally hate the Irish:You live in the UK:So you must hate the Irish.
Dont make me laugh!

People just like you are the reason the Knights of Columbus were made, to protect Catholics from bigotry.

There's only one bigot here mate.

The knights provided a solution to that problem, Catholics caring for Catholics in the manner of chivalry and charity.

Oh and caring for protestans by smashing their unborn children's heads against walls after ripping them from their mother's wombs...........What a wonderful and kind organisation this is!!!

Yeah, there have been sexual abuses, but most of it wasn't paedophilia. In fact, an extremely small portion of the offenses were paedophilia. Most of the abuses were cases of homosexual pederasty, where perverted teenage boys were consenting to and frequently initiating sexual activity with their perverted homosexual priests.

The 2004 [[John Jay Report[13] was based on a study of 10,667 allegations against 4,392 priests accused of engaging in sexual abuse of a minor between 1950 and 2002.

22.6% were age 10 or younger, 51% were between the ages of 11 and 14, and 27% were between the ages to 15 to 17 years. A substantial number (almost 2000) of very young children were victimized by priests during this time period. 9,281 victim surveys had information about an investigation. In 6,696 (72%) cases, an investigation of the allegation was carried out. Of these, 4,570 (80%) were substantiated; 1,028 (18%) were unsubstantiated; 83 (1.5%) were found to be false. In 56 cases, priests were reported to deny the allegations.

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...

Because you come from a post-Christian society that's bigoted against Christianity and its morals and values and seek any opportunity to smear the Church and the priesthood so that you can abolish their moral authority over society and yourself

I dont need to smear them, they do a fantastic job of that themselves!
Paedophile rings have no moral authority over me! What morals can they teach me? Fk they could teach old Nick a thing or two!!!

You know what mate... one in eleven males in normal society is or will be a sex offender (hebophiliac, pederast, paedophile). That's one in eleven males off the street, randoms. You know what percentage of priests are sex offenders? ONE IN ONE HUNDRED!

Im sure the abused children will be relieved to hear that!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Originally posted by Appian

That is funny, because from what I remember from the KoC oaths I looked up, you take blood oaths ( symbolic of course ) to discriminate against all Protestants and Masons no matter what the person, and you would rather choose a KoC over a Catholic over a Protestant over a Mason in any situation that calls for it. A blood oath you are sworn to with your life (symbolically). If that is not extreme discrimination/prejudice/bigotry I don't know what else is.

As a human (putting aside myself as a freemason), I would never do such a thing to any human being. That is just disgusting. I would never EVER selectively choose a human being over another because of his religion, or because of his affiliation. That just proves that Catholics (KoC) want to be separated and they pretty much are ASKING to be discriminated against.

No KofC ceremony has ever included a blood oath of any kind. Period. Further, I know what the Masons are about, I used to be a Freemason. Freemasonry is the most crooked bunch of fellows I have ever known. Half of every lodge meeting I ever went to was about how the members need to quit breaking traffic laws because their "man" in the court house had more important things to do than spend all day looking up and deleting their traffic violations, citations, and tickets. That whole organization is about nothing more than "back scratching," legal or illegal makes no difference.
And it's the height of hypocrisy to say that you "as a freemason" would never discriminate against anyone due to their affiliation when that is exactly what Freemasonry does all day everyday by scratching the backs of their own, getting them out of speeding tickets, getting them jobs, giving them unethical business tips, helping them get elected to government positions by abridging election processes, falsifying evidence in court, etc... especially when the KofC have never done anything like that and to do so would get one kicked out of the Knights for good on the spot.
Freemasonry is not a religious organization, and yet it is prerequisite for all members to have a belief in a higher power. So YOU are bigoted against Atheists. Again, you're a hypocrite. The Knights of Columbus is a Fraternal ROMAN CATHOLIC organization; there is no reason why they should be ashamed of confining membership to Catholics in good standing. That's like saying Catholics should be ashamed of being Catholic. Let's change the word "Catholic" out with "Blacks." How is what you are saying not bigoted, aye? Are the 'Boy Scouts of America' bigoted because they only allow boys? Are the girl scouts bigots, too? What about the Order of the Eastern Star? They must be sexists. Are they asking to be discriminated against? I don't think you've thought about what you are saying, because you can't possibly believe it and not be a hypocrite or insane.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

*Facepalm* You're obviously in your tweens and can't meet the intellectual requirements of adult conversation. I encourage you to take a critical thinking course as soon as possible. And also, don't ever post wiki as a source ever again for anything... ever... it's embarrassing. Just go to the bottom of the wiki article and find the independent source so you don't look like a complete retard. Anyway, I'm done talking to you... I have some Protestant babies skulls to go crush against walls, now.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Appian because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Appian

If you used to be a freemason then you know why we would not allow atheists into the lodge. Not for any bigotted reason.

www.masonicinfo.com...

I just came across this. Before I found this though, I took your word that you do not have to take a blood oath. Well this changes my opinion on the KoC. I am sorry to have bothered you. You stand correct.

I do retract everything I said about KoC , except I do not retract my opinion of Catholics . I apologize once again to you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by Appian

If you used to be a freemason then you know why we would not allow atheists into the lodge. Not for any bigotted reason.

www.masonicinfo.com...

I just came across this. Before I found this though, I took your word that you do not have to take a blood oath. Well this changes my opinion on the KoC. I am sorry to have bothered you. You stand correct.

I do retract everything I said about KoC , except I do not retract my opinion of Catholics . I apologize once again to you.

I appreciate the apology, truly. Further, I don't expect non-Catholics to believe in or understand Catholicism. My point was that the Masons have legit reasons for excluding Atheist, and so it should be understood that the Knights have legit reasons for excluding people who aren't Catholics in good standing. Again, I value your integrity.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am a former member. We gather one baby pterosaur,due to the fact tehy are thought to be extinct and scary.

We chop off its head.

We gather a sasquatch, the new member has to assassinate it....which is hard because of the mental capabilities of these apes.

then we celebrate ridding the world of these monsters.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Appian

Lol......So it's shoot the messenger time! If you think Wikipedia are wrong with their facts why dont you contact them and change it? Or do you think the current rate of Paedophilia within the Catholic church is higher (better leave the stats as they are then eh!).

encyclopediadramatica.com...

A retard is a sub-human genetic defect put on this earth for the entertainment of actual people, due to their handicap being incredibly funny.

i.e The Pope.

I have some Protestant babies skulls to go crush against walls, now.

At last an admission of guilt!

edit on 19-3-2011 by Uncle Gravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've been away boys - busy suppressing that Freemason plot to raise Atlantis and open the Gates of the Seventh Dawn. Boy, the harm they could have done then.

On my way home, I had to foil a plot to manipulate the world's copper market...those CFR guys have learned not to mess with the Three and Thirty of the Seventh Degree!

Seriously, some of the twaddle that is trotted out here about the KofC would be funny if it wasn't so ignorant. Other - especially the molestation comments - are just crass. The Knights have nothing to do with that - and if it weren't for a population of deviant homosexual pedophiles who manipulated, lied, cheated, and weaseled their way into Orders, we wouldn't have had these problems. The fault of the Bishops lay in their paralysis - they didn't act quickly and authoritatively- does that sound like a crew that is accustomed to running complex, centuries-long, secret operations to control the world?

Debate, discussion, and - yeah, even half-baked conspiracies - are all fair game. Keep your sick little prejudices and perverse delusions out of polite conversation please.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Does anyone have copy of the "Oath of St Columba" I presume its what you swear when you become a member,

Jim

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by larkydarky Does anyone have copy of the "Oath of St Columba" I presume its what you swear when you become a member

Why would you presume that?

The Knights of Columbus are named for Christopher Columbus, not for Saint Columba. Our fraternity's name was chosen because, at the time of our founding in 1882, the 400th anniversary of Columbus' 1492 voyage was approaching and Americans from many walks of life were hailing him as a heroic figure. Because he was a "foreigner" (from an American perspective) and a Catholic, it was thought that he was a good choice as a "patron" for a group that was intent on fighting bias against immigrants in general and Catholics in particular.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Anyone who is interested in the Knight Of Columbus should read Parish Priest: Father Michael Mcgivney and American Catholicism. Father McGivney founded the order in 1882 in New Haven, CT There is nothing secret about the motives or intents of the order. Read about the times and the people who were Catholic and immigrants when the order was founded and you will find much of what goes on in our order to be to be less mysterious.

Any of you are welcome to attend mass and see the mysteries the go on there as well. You don't need to be a member.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327631579&sr=8-1

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join