It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio legislators propose total abortion ban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Ohio Constitution Party supports statewide abortion ban

I'm all for it!

On the Ohio Constitution Party web site (ohiocp.org...) there's a link to a petition--if you're pro-life, from Ohio and support the ban, go right ahead and sign it.

Hmmm...I think I'm the only one from Wayne County that did so far....

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Its not the governments job to impose morals on society women should decide if abortion is right or wrong. The Ohio Constitution Party must be a fan of big government.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Its not the governments job to impose morals on society women should decide if abortion is right or wrong. The Ohio Constitution Party must be a fan of big government.

The CP is hardly a fan of big government.

Abortion is murder, murder is wrong--nuff said. If you don't want "morals imposed," then I guess rape, theft, assault, etc. shouldn't be illegal either....

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The CP is hardly a fan of big government.

Really? outlawing abortion grows the government.

Abortion is murder, murder is wrong--nuff said. If you don't want "morals imposed," then I guess rape, theft, assault, etc. shouldn't be illegal either....

You might take pro life propaganda as fact but the rest of society dosnt have to.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Alright Ohio!

Cleveland rocks, Cleveland, oh Cleveland rocks! Cleveland rocks Cleveland rocks! OHIO HIO HIO HIO

Atleast theres one state out there trying to outlaw murder

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So if a woman is raped and becomes pregnant she should have to carry the baby?
What if it was your daughter?

I can never get an answer from pro lifers on those 2 questions.
My opionion ohio sucks, states shouldnt get to enforce their opionion on people.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thankfully this will never be passed.

the pre-born child, whose life begins at fertilization, is a human being created in God's image. The first duty of the law is to prevent the shedding of innocent blood. It is, therefore, the duty of all civil governments to secure and to safeguard the lives of the pre-born.”

Do they really believe this is going to be accepted as a valid reason to change the law? There's no legal basis supporting their proposition or intent as stated; the opinion is very obviously based upon a religious belief which will - quite rightly - never get past first base in the legal arena.

If they actually seriously want to try and fight abortion, they'd be well advised to keep the religious intonation out and perhaps focus on the ambiguity of interpretation of the Constitution as applied to Roe v. Wade.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

On the Ohio Constitution Party web site (ohiocp.org...) there's a link to a petition--if you're pro-life, from Ohio and support the ban, go right ahead and sign it.

I certainly would not call condemning women to death with a dirty knife inside them 'pro-life'.. no exceptions? :shk: You support and are promoting this?! If this got passed.. how are you going to feel about your small part in this when lots of women start dieing from ectopic pregnacies? I can't imagine dieing of a burst fallopian tube a very nice way to die.. perhaps you should be asking serious questions about this 'no exceptions' thing as it sounds quite ignorant and dangerous.

I'm curious about this as well:

Representative Tom Brinkman (R-Cincinnati) and 18 other members of Ohio’s 126th General Assembly introduced House Bill 228. The law would penalize abortion providers, but not pregnant mothers.

So pregnant mothers can take the abortion pill instead?

[edit on 17-9-2005 by riley]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If this ridiculous thing does pass, fortunately women will still be able to go to Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, W. Virginia or Pennsylvania to have an abortion.

The Constitution Party Platform:
Preamble
The Constitution Party gratefully acknowledges the blessing of our Lord
and Savior Jesus Christ as Creator, Preserver and Ruler of the Universe and
of these United States. We hereby appeal to Him for mercy, aid, comfort,
guidance and the protection of His Providence as we work to restore and
preserve these United States.

How can they call themselves the "CONSTITUTION Party"? They must not be talking about THE Constitution because THE Constitution clearly states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

This is a joke, right? A gag? Because it's hilarious!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is a joke, right? A gag? Because it's hilarious!

No they're America's Taliban and dead serious.

Here's their zero exceptions, death penalty platform for women with ectopic pregnancies.

The Constitution Party is the only national political party that advocates a 100%, no-exceptions pro-life position in its platform. The Constitution Party platform states, “The pre-born child, whose life begins at fertilization, is a human being created in God's image. The first duty of the law is to prevent the shedding of innocent blood. It is, therefore, the duty of all civil governments to secure and to safeguard the lives of the pre-born.”

These unconstitutional "constitutionalists" also want to criminalize the procedure, not just ban it so they can aggressively convict doctors on top of the women they seek to murder in the name of Jesus Christ.

Prohibitionist, faith healing, revisionist, anti-American, unconstitutional, theofacist traitors is what they are. And represent exactly what radical Islam wants to see happen to America's secular freedoms.

There's no other way to look at it. That's simply the truth. And they have bedfellows everywhere sadly. A Republican legislator proposed this horrible piece of legislative constipation. One of these "Constitutionalists" couldn't get elected in a one man race in spite of their oxymoronic self-deluding nomenclature.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Come on, RANT, open up, hon. Tell us how you really feel. 'm-kay?

I guess I can thank my lucky stars that these 'unconstitutionalists' weren't in power a few years back.
I'd be dead! Praise the Lord!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Come on, RANT, open up, hon. Tell us how you really feel. 'm-kay?

Sorry to be blunt.
I know the rules. And I know Amethyst (who I appreciate and like very much) will be upset.

But I have to use the only words that fit when making the point. Though I'm not trying to flame, the TRUTH is offensive sometimes. And that's never wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.mwillett.org...

Fetus is not a human. Bible says so. SO all you bible thumpers need to read the book you corrupted. Follow the bible, the true bible, the 10 Commandments, those are the only things handed to us by God directly. Everything else was "inspired" by God. SO I was "inspired" to kick you in the nuts, don't blame me God "inspired" me to do it. My proof? Because I said so. 10 Commandments were handed to Moses by God, not inspired, not "Gee, God would like em right?" no, but were handed down to him by God. Follow those and leave the corruption out of your life.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Fetus is not a human. Bible says so. SO all you bible thumpers need to read the book you corrupted.

In fact the bible says abortion is condoned if a husband suspects his wife of adultory. Here is an example of a chemical abortion to be performed by a priest:

Numbers 5:11 Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying: 12 Speak to the Israelites and say to them: If any man's wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him, 13 if a man has had intercourse with her but it is hidden from her husband, so that she is undetected though she has defiled herself, and there is no witness against her since she was not caught in the act; 14 if a spirit of jealousy comes on him, and he is jealous of his wife who has defiled herself; or if a spirit of jealousy comes on him, and he is jealous of his wife, though she has not defiled herself; 15 then the man shall bring his wife to the priest. And he shall bring the offering required for her, one-tenth of an ephah of barley flour. He shall pour no oil on it and put no frankincense on it, for it is a grain offering of jealousy, a grain offering of remembrance, bringing iniquity to remembrance. 16 Then the priest shall bring her near, and set her before Yahweh; 17 the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. 18 The priest shall set the woman before Yahweh, dishevel the woman's hair, and place in her hands the grain offering of remembrance, which is the grain offering of jealousy. In his own hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse. 19 Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying, "If no man has lain with you, if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while under your husband's authority, be immune to this water of bitterness that brings the curse. 20 But if you have gone astray while under your husband's authority, if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has had intercourse with you," 21 --let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse and say to the woman--"Yahweh make you an execration and an oath among your people, when Yaheh makes your uterus drop, your womb discharge; 22 now may this water that brings the curse enter your bowels and make your womb discharge, your uterus drop!" And the woman shall say, "Amen. Amen." 23 Then the priest shall put these curses in writing, and wash them off into the water of bitterness. 24 He shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter her and cause bitter pain. 25 The priest shall take the grain offering of jealousy out of the woman's hand, and shall elevate the grain offering before Yahweh and bring it to the altar; 26 and the priest shall take a handful of the grain offering, as its memorial portion, and turn it into smoke on the altar, and afterward shall make the woman drink the water. 27 When he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has been unfaithful to her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall discharge, her uterus drop, and the woman shall become an execration among her people. 28 But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be immune and be able to conceive children. 29 This is the law in cases of jealousy, when a wife, while under her husband's authority, goes astray and defiles herself, 30 or when a spirit of jealousy comes on a man and he is jealous of his wife; then he shall set the woman before Yaheh, and the priest shall apply this entire law to her. 31 The man shall be free from iniquity, but the woman shall bear her iniquity.

It is a long read but it's also quite interesting from a historical point of view.. despite having obvious knowledge of medicine back then it was still considered supernatural.

www.theskepticalreview.com...

Mods.. I included the whole passage to keep it in context.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by riley]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You know this tells me how willingly some women will give their rights to their body's to the courts to decided their lives.

When the women pro life in this country are going to learn that is not about "preserving life" but to take their rights away.

Somebody needs to start telling these women the hidden agenda behind the "Life and abortion issue"

Only then they will realized that is not and never been about fetuses but women control.

wake up ladies do not give your bodies away to strangers for them to legislate how you should use them.

The "moral part" of the whole issue is just but a new concept by fundamentalist religious groups with one thing in mind, to take away as many liberties for women as they can.

This is nothing more than a "morality war" being wag to women movements that all they want is equality and respect in this nation and the rights for women over the only thing that that this groups can not have unless the court helps them.

Your BODY.

Women over the nation has been deceived under the blanket of morality and the rights of fetuses.

But onces your baby is born and you are a single mother they will turn their back to you because you will be labeled a sinner and immoral anyway.

Wake up you have been deceived.

BTW it seems that Ohio fundamentalist politicians are pretty secure about how Mr. Roberts and probably the new judge to be selected by Bush is going to do.

They are pushing the issue to the max, and the only reason they are doing it is because they imagine that with Roberts in the supreme court the case is going to be push and with another appointee to back it up is going to be a done deal.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Fetus is not a human.

Oh?? What is it? A cat? A dog?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You know this tells me how willingly some women will give their rights to their body's to the courts to decided their lives.

The problem here Marg is that women are not aborting themselves.
They are aborting someone else. They aren't killing themselves.
They are killing others. When an abortion is committed a woman
is not killing her own body. So the ... 'we can do what we want with
our own bodies' ... doesn't work.

When the women pro life in this country are going to
learn that is not about "preserving life" but to take their rights away.

When are culture-of-death women in this country going to
learn that it is not about taking away their 'choice' (they already
made it when they had sex), but it's about preserving the life
of another human being who isn't capable of voicing his or her CHOICE?

Somebody needs to start telling these women the hidden
agenda behind the "Life and abortion issue"

Yes, exactly. But the hidden agenda lies with Planned Parenthood.
Making big $$ when women come in to commit abortion, and then
making money as they sell the body parts of the murdered children
to drug companies. You are right, there IS an agenda, and it's
from Planned Parenthood (who have a bunch of lobbiests in DC,
and are closely united with the NEA (National Education Association).
FRIGHTENING!!

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Here's their zero exceptions, death penalty platform
for women with ectopic pregnancies.

Tubal ligation is a separate procedure from abortion.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
In fact the bible says abortion is condoned if a husband suspects his wife
of adultory. Here is an example of a chemical abortion to be performed by
a priest:

Interesting find riley. I wonder if this was ever later recanted
or changed by Christ? I know that when it came to divorce He said
something like 'in the time of Moses he allowed divorce for .... but I
tell you that ......' He changed the law. I can't recall Him ever saying
anything about THIS. hmmm

Of course, the people of that time didn't have ultrasounds. The didn't
know that the unborn child sucks his/her thumb, sleeps, opens his/her
eyes, plays with the cord, etc. They also thought you'd fall off the
flat planet if you took a boat out too far. So much for their knowledge
of science, eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
That is the moralistic battler that fundamentalist are wagging against women's bodies, an uterus is part of the women body is not an independent entity that a women purchase for reproduction, a fetus that grows inside the uterus is not something that belongs to you or to courts or to religious rights but something a women can control.

The whole war against the "Rights of fetuses" actually taking away the right of women to take control over the parts that she was born with and giving it to unborn fetuses to take control of the body of a women is actualy relegating women lives to mere incubators because the courts dictate it.

You as a women should know that is wrong and more immoral than getting rid of a fetus to submit women to slavery through the courts.

Yes take away the rights of the women to their bodies and body parts and they will be killing themselves alright when back ally abortions comes back, I was only 7 years old when I saw what a back ally abortion did to a women that used to live down the street from my home.

But it was OK because she was a "Fallen women" with not husband, and her only sin was to have many children "with no husband" and to support them she did the ironing for the people that could pay her, I was not even allowed to play with her kids because they were bastards.

Yes I saw her with blood running down her legs because a "bad job" but it was her "punishment from God"

That were the whispers I as a child could heard, when I ask my mother what was wrong with her she told me to mind my own business.

They are killing others. When an abortion is committed a woman
is not killing her own body. So the ... 'we can do what we want with
our own bodies' ... doesn't work.

Funny that before Roe vs Wade nobody gave a darn to women's back ally abortions but only to said that if they died they deserve it.

When women were allowed to think for themselves and take control of their bodies then it was a sin and a despicable act, women can not and should not have control ever.

Yes you are right is about sex, and sex control but not for men but for women because all alone is the women's fault not the man that she gets pregnant so we most let others control our bodies your body and my body and we should be stripped from any control over it.

So now preventing abortions through banning is the right thing to do, and let the sinners die with "BAD JOBS"

Lets take away the birth control rights and lets the courts monitor our uterus and our private parts until we get a husband to do it for us, because women are sinner by nature and when they have sex they are sinning anyway. Right?

So when men will be held accountable for their sins? When they will be legislation to prohibit men from engaging in sex without protection, when men will be ban from touching a women before marriage?

It will be none, because is never and has never been about men or men rights but the total domination of women and their rights.

Fundamentalist Christian are blinding women with their moralistic BS on fetuses and murder when all alone is about women and women rights what they want to take away.

Your right to your body and your right to decided what to do with, your right to reproductive methods and the right to have a full active life like any other man.

Because is to much competition and men is the boss as intended by their version of GOD.

Wake up women, while you think you are saving the fetuses your are also giving away the rights to your own bodies and your lives.

I am beyond child bearing so why I care about abortion rights? I do it for my daughter and my grand daugthers and their daughters down the line, because is not only their rights to chose what is as stake but their rights to have control over my body what is as stake.

Wake up ladies is all about control of your private parts while the male couterpart dictate what is to be done with it.

Do not give control of your body willingly.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join