It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is China trying to do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Read this article and you will see that China looks as if may be preparing to start a war. I sure hope there is not a war, many will die.

Article: www.washtimes.com...

What do you think about China's actions?

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Given that the US and China aren't quite best of friends at the best of times, it doesn't surprise me that, at a time when America is flexing it's Military muscle in the Middle East, the Chinese are preparing to defend themselves, or gain an advantage in any upcoming conflict.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I didn't actually read the story, but I get the gist of it as I follow the Sino-U.S. relations closely. Here is the crux of it: China pretends to be the friend of America because all of their wealth comes from trade with America. Didn't Marx say, "The capitalists will sell us the rope to hang them by?" Of course these days, the ropes are made in China. China is no friend of America. Look how insistant they are over Taiwan being turned over (not going to happen). Look at who they sell arms to. I am all for selling (giving) more advanced weapons to Taipei.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
China could just be doing it to show some muscle and to be prepared for an attack against them although I don't see why we would need to do that just yet. As for them pre-emptily attacking the US I don't think they would that stupid to do that, a lot of people would die (both sides) and it would probably cause WW3. It isn't exaclty in their best interest.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
China could be??? They want to be a serious nuclear threat to the United States. Don't fool yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
They can make themselves look like whatever the hell they want to but they wont be stupid enough to attack the US.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
In my eyes its a bluff for the Chinese to force the U.S. not to assist Taiwan incase of attack.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This world revolves around one thing: economics.
For either nation to escalate this into a "pre-emptive strike scenerio", ultimately leading to an all out war; no holds barred, would be very detrimental to both. This would be a war that neither would recover from for decades if not longer and the implications would be felt world wide.

China is sending a message. One small message for the US and a larger message for Taiwan. But then again, the Chinese are always sending "messages," especially in reference to Taiwan.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Jetsetter, why did you post this in the chit chat? The other current events forum was created for these kind of topics.

====
I already posted this in another thread about this, but i think China could also preparing for a possible conflict with North Korea. Perhaps the Chinese want to take care of NK instead of letting the US solve this. I'm sure they must feel threathend when the US has thousands of men and battleships in the area.
I could be very naive , but I don't think the Chinese are that stupid, to attack Taiwan with the current attitude of the united states on terrorism...

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Chinese army actually also badly needed this kind of modernization. The Chinese could actually be writing a similar article about the US army. New weapons like the F22 Raptor, Paladin tank, DU shells and last but certainly not least the JDAMs also provoke other armies to spend more on modern arms. So don't go blaming the Chinese, they do what every country with enough funds would do in this particular situation: modernize their own army.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree witht he post above. Although their tactics are threatening. The US has set the precedent for military force adn technology, so now it is completely rational for other countries to catch up so they can adequately defend themselves and go on the offensive if necessary.

I'm sure the pressence of US military clout in the region has shortened the timeline.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I would sell (give) more Aegis cruisers to Taiwan. BTW, I firmly believe the capital of China is in Taipei, not Beijing. The Chinese are asses. I have relatives there, doing business with the arses. It is probably one of the most corrupt nations in the world.

They do have millions of people to get slaughtered should the PRC decide to take on America. Millions of people that are willing to die can defeat a superpower, though. I hope it does not come to that.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How about instead of possibly 'courting' bids from Pakistan for our "moth-balled" battleships.....
We just sell them to Taiwan at bargain basement prices....?!

I am sure with the modifications present on them that they should equal the field a weeeeee bit.....at least raise a serious eyebrow from the Chinese.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah, good deal Seek!

I would love to see the Chinese go ape if we sent the 4 Iowa's over to ROC on a "lend-lease" program. Their Sovremenny's might as well throw spitballs at them.

During the 80's I once watched a TV interview with the Captain of the USS Missouri. He was asked what he would do if his ship was attacked by Iranian Silkworm cruise missiles. He responded that he would probably get up out of his Captain's chair, go to the 1MC (ship-wide announcing system) and say the following:

"Sweepers! Sweepers! Man your brooms! Give the ship a good sweep-down fore and aft......"

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A war with China in the not to distant future is likely.

Look. Says so in my fortune cookie.

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry to relate back to WITD again but he said remember 1931.

In 1931 Japan invaded Manchuria and Hitler was coming to power all signs of the upcoming global war.

What with Haarp and everything else that's going on WWIII might not be as far away as we think, too many military forces have not flexed their true muscle for a long time.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
actually its supposedly a preplanned war created by the NWO, in order to escelate the world into the final war. Then from the ashes the NWO shall take over. Hope the world opens its eyes soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate
The Chinese army actually also badly needed this kind of modernization. The Chinese could actually be writing a similar article about the US army. New weapons like the F22 Raptor, Paladin tank, DU shells and last but certainly not least the JDAMs also provoke other armies to spend more on modern arms. So don't go blaming the Chinese, they do what every country with enough funds would do in this particular situation: modernize their own army.

The most obvious reason is more then likely true their military equipment is badly outdated and there just trying to keep up .Its hard to tell with these communist states what their up to because of the lack of media free or otherwise and there well documented ability in conning the west. We all may have read about Russian and the concrete missiles they used to parade through red square I know I still get a laugh out of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You should see china men in health and fitness clubs!

They're in their best shape ever.

preparing invasion of the world...

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Alright boys and girls, just had to say this...
Yes, China is a nuclear threat to the US, but we'e a bigger theat,

The U.S. would own the Chinese if it ever came to full-scale conventional war. While there may be a lot more Chinese than Americans, apparently none of you who site this fact have any understanding of military logistics. For every soldier in the field, there are ten people at home in the fields providing the food for that soldier, in the factories building the weapons that he fights with or fabricating the clothes that he wears, in the MASH units ready to sew him up if he gets hurt, etc. As you can imagine, this tends to cause the added "attritional bonus" offered by China's superior numbers to dwindle and evaporate quite quickly. Furthermore, the U.S., by virtue of it's superior farming and manufacturing ability, can actually mobilize a much greater proportion of it's population than can the Chinese without impacting productivity in the slightest, so you might actually find numerical superiority to be on the side of the Americans if it ever came to mass conscription.

Then you have to factor America's immense technology advantage. The Chinese field a small and antiquated air force composed primarily of older model MiG's, which historically have been smashed to pieces when going up against American F-15, F/A-18, F-14, and F-16 aircraft, even when they have the numerical advantage (which in this case is unlikely).

On the ground, the T-72 is completely inadequate to the task of stopping the M1A2 Abrams. With the chobham armoring on the Abrams, the only way to penetrate is to get directly behind and fire a round right into the grille on their six. In all engagements to date, no tank force has ever been able to disable an Abrams, and the only time they've been disabled at all was when facing ambushes from infantry wielding RPG's. Meanwhile the 120mm on the M1 can kill a T-72 in a single shot. In one instance during the first Gulf War, a single shot had so much penetration power it actually went clean through one Iraqi T-72 and then disabled another directly behind it.

As for infantry, the Kalashnikov is okay, but not especially accurate. It's often said that the only people who buy a Kalashnikov are those who can't afford an M-16, standard issue for Americans.

Another reason is simple training and tactical superiority. Americans are far better trained on average than the regulars of any other nation, and their tactics are better to boot. Should the Chinese ever wind up in combat with us, they would quickly find their C3 complexes gutted with precision airstrikes, which is especially devastating when you consider how centrally-controlled Chinese military doctrine is. Without command, the Chinese cannot function. In the meantime, every time a group manages to mass, they would quickly find themselves to unrelenting saturation bombardments. A few daisy-cutters would either force them to scatter into units too small to form any cohesive defense, or be shredded.

To sum it all up for those who don't wanna read, We'd own China' @$$ in war!!!

new topics

top topics

join