It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Iraqis Want

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A letter from a women in occupied Iraq.

www.uruknet.info...

What We Iraqis Want
By: Today's Alternative News on: 19.05.2005 [06:11 ] (203 reads)

We want the Americans to go back home. Iraq is our country, not theirs.
However, the Americans seem to think it is their country. It is not theirs now, nor will it ever be theirs, unless they kill all of us, men, women and children.
We are raising our children to resist this illegal, this immoral, this un-Christian occupation. I am a Christian, my husband is a Muslim, we both want the Americans out. They are causing us nothing but harm, sickness, poverty and lawlessness.

We did not like Saddam Hussein, but at least under him we had clean drinking water, good hospitals, food on the table, safety in the streets and our homes were not attacked day and night by foreign troops. All we have now is misery, poverty, disease and fear. We never know when American troops will raid our homes, steal our jewels and money, rape our women, beat our men and scare our chidren.

I am an educator in Baghdad. The trauma suffered by our children will last for generations. This trauma will also make these children hate the Americans and the British, but the Americans more because we know that George Bush Jr. was behind this rape our country, its schools, it culture and its people.

We will continue fighting back against this occupation, this rape, so long as any of us has a breath or an ounce of blood. We also know our Arab and Muslim and Christian brothers and sisters will come from other lands to help us drive out these devils that dress in the clothes of Americans. We also know that there are many Israelis here, both the Mossad and military advisors, and investors who are trying to steal our oil, our land and our resources. One day, we shall drive them all out, and may God punish these evil-doers. May Jesus Christ himself lead the charge against these devils who call themselves Christians and Jews. My husband prays that all Muslims will come to our aid, and I hope for Christians to stand up in their lands and condemn these devils who wear come to do us great harm.

I hope this letter will awaken some to understand that we do not want the Americans here and we will do all we can to drive them out and we will not rest until they are all gone.

Go home to your wives, your children, to your loved ones, do not stay here to torture and kill us, for us if stay, God will surely punish you and your country and you will lose your limbs, your life and also eventually your souls, your families and you will end us with nightmares and sickness from the Depleted Uranium and your own sense of guilt for having killed Iraqis for the devil himself, George W. Bush — may he be damned unto hell itself and burn eternally.

I want you to all read this letter, and read it very carefully.

Don't you want to be on the right side of history?

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'll try not to say a word, unless i'm really really needed. lest i'm accused of being disruptive.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So if you are from Iraq. I pose one question.

As I am assuming you are pro-resistance? I've encountered many people myself (I served in Iraq), that loved the U.S. Iraqi civilians giving us shouts of "viva la freedom" and "god bless U.S.A."

So, I pose this question:

What was your status during Saddam Hussein's reign.
What region are you from?
What is your background?

Thanks.

-wD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
all of the questions you asked, are operating under the assumption that i am iraqi.

I am not. But i have iraqi family. You can ask me about them if you like.

The women who wrote the above letter, SHE is the iraqi.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ah, thank you for that. So where exactly are you from? (I'd go with Syria) but that would be assuming, and assuming seems to lead to ignorance. =]

-wD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Ah, thank you for that. So where exactly are you from? (I'd go with Syria) but that would be assuming, and assuming seems to lead to ignorance. =]

-wD

assumptions are where most mistakes are born.

I am from Syria, i live in Australia.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks mate.

Again, I'm guessing you're pro-resistance?

As a military person, I can see why they fight, speaking from a soldier's point of view.

One thing that is definitely shared in common between enemies is often the will to fight - For what they believe in.

Though I cannot condone or support their efforts, I can see the reasoning behind.

Another question: Do you know any 'insurgents', 'resistance fighters', etc.?

-wD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

again, I'm guessing you're pro-resistance?

Yes
i am always pro the righteous people who are ridding their land of occupation. These are not the only heroic partisans i am Pro, i am also pro the resistance of france again nazi occupation, the resistance of Vietnamn against US/french occupation etc. etc.

Another question: Do you know any 'insurgents', 'resistance fighters', etc.?

Yes,
i do. I have been blessed to know them.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hmm...interesting...

I guess one question remains:

Have you, yourself fought against the soldiers there?

-wD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

"Have you, yourself fought against the soldiers there?

I'm sorry i have to laugh. I'm a teenager girl who lives in australia, ofcource the answer is no.

But i have spoken to enemy soldiers, that is US soldiers, people like you?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
yeaahhh.. stick it to em..

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This letter is a good example of what happens when propaganda is combined with hardship. You get hatred. It is true that the removal of the brutal dictator Saddam created hardship for the Iraqi people. Combine this hardship with anti US propaganda that claims the US is in this for the oil or to take control of Iraq and you get reasonably intelligent people coming to totally insane conclusions. THe so called freedom fighters in Iraq are cowards. They do not primarily fight the so called occupiers. Instead they target their own people and security forces. Why do they do this? They do it because they are easier targets to hit without taking losses. If they really believed that the US was evil they would target primarily US soldiers and bases. They do not do this because what they are really interested in is their own power and presige. THis has nothing to do with freedom fighting. That is just the line they give to the poor fellows they strap bombs to in order to blow up their own people.

THey cannot swing a majority of Iraqis to their point of view so they kill anyone who works for the elected government of Iraq. The poor souls who have bought into this kind of power grab become pawns of power hungry men who would be Hitlers and pol pots if they were given the chance. THese are not idealists fighting for freedom. They are murderers and criminals seeking power for themselves not rights and respect for their people.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree, unfortuneatly for the iraqis the reason they do not have clean drinking water, electricity, etc. is mainly because of the terrorists. they bomb pipe lines, power stations, etc. This is part of their strategy, cause the civilians to become fed up and want the foreigners out, afterwards the well connected terrorists take over the government and a new dictator imposes rule. The iraqis have to be smarter than that. they need to coopertate with the occupation(for the time being) and eliminate the terrorists, we will eventually leave. but when we do you will have a stronger more advanced nation.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Johannmon and XphilesPhan

great post guys and i totally agree with you both, it is a shame comman sense does not flow that freely anymore

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

"Have you, yourself fought against the soldiers there?

I'm sorry i have to laugh. I'm a teenager girl who lives in australia, ofcource the answer is no.

But i have spoken to enemy soldiers, that is US soldiers, people like you?

So do you have any direct experience with life in Iraq under Saddam?

Do you want to move from Australia, a modern, tolerant, society to Iraq?

When you finish growing up, do you want to have a job and some sense of independence, even if you marry, or do you want to become a virtual slave to your husband with no hope of education, or independence?

Do you now wear, or do you want to wear a Chador?

If you are a muslim, what particular branch of islam to you follow (i.e. Sunni, Shiite, etc.)?

Do you support the ethnic cleansing of Iraq of those that do not follow your particular version of Islam?

Do you support the ethnic cleansing of Kurds from Iraq?

Do you accept the premise that it is acceptable to kill innocent civilians in the process of launching terrorist attacks?

Do you think that it is right to cut a man's head off in cold blood?

[edit on 19-5-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A teenage girl making "informed" decisions about the life under Saddam, when you have no experience yourself, have never seen what he has done, and have never suffered yourself?

I thought a poster such as this would have been more mature and with more life experience. I apologize for taking you seriously.

Move to Iraq and see how it is. I'm sure you'll be back in Australia where you have the right to complain.

-wD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
why dont we turn into saddam and use the people who are with us the same way saddam used his people. i beleive the way saddam ruled was the only way to keep the muslims tamed. yes i said tamed.i beleive animals should be tamed and thats what the insurgents and those who support them are animals. and like any animal if it disobeys it's master behead it. not fast but do it half way, give him an hour, then finish the job.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL

What was your status during Saddam Hussein's reign.

I think the answer to this one is obvious, a sunni who is not special anymore but in the minority.....just a hunch.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Yes
i am always pro the righteous people who are ridding their land of occupation.

What about the Kurds that fought against Sunni oppression and where viciously gassed by Chemical Ali? are you for them (even though they are dead)?

mass graves

More mass graves

and more mass graves.

Syrian Sister, The Iraqi dead, brutally murdered by Sadam, cry out to you: "Shame, Sister, Shame!"

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Syrian Sister, What do you think would happen in Iraq if those who are conducting the insurgency were to suddenly gain power?

Do you think that they would have free elections?

Do you think that they would allow relegious freedom?

Do you think that they would restore land and property seized by Sadam back to their original owners?

Do you think that they would allow young ladies like yourself access to the internet?

What do you think would happen?

How many innocent Iraqis would die in the ensuing bloodbath?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join