It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Lake Disappears.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this or where to post it?

A Russian village was left baffled today after its lake disappeared overnight.

NTV television showed pictures of a giant muddy hole bathed in summer sun, while fishermen from the village of Bolotnikovo looked on disconsolately.
"It is very dangerous. If a person had been in this disaster, he would have had almost no chance of survival. The trees flew downwards, under the ground," said Dmitry Zaitsev, a local Emergencies Ministry official interviewed by the channel.

"I am thinking, well, America has finally got to us," said one old woman, as she sat on the ground outside her house.

(bold text added)
Source

Sanc'.
edit:title

[edit on 19-5-2005 by sanctum]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Thats the craziest thing I've ever heard. That would scare the bajebus outta me.

Of course, everyone is always quick to blame the Americans

Originally posted by sanctum
"I am thinking, well, America has finally got to us," said one old woman, as she sat on the ground outside her house.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by MauiStacey]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yep. Those Americans and their darn tunneling machines.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
plenty of those where i come from

www.burger.si...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Major spikes now on Live Internet Seismic Server

Sanc'.

I've not been able to load that page since yesterday afternoon.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I loaded it to check activity as i was posting this thread and it loaded fine, but now it's 'offline'.
I'm not kidding about the spikes...they were/are big and of some duration.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

www.burger.si...

Thanks for the cool link. I never heard the Slovenian language, but I was able to read the page (I'm Russian born). My favorite part is

V jezero priteka tudi voda iz podzemlja ene najlepših vodnih jam

Sounds cute!

thanks.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
OK, Live Internet Seismic Server is back online. Here's a grab.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Seems to be alot of major spiking through out that entire page.

Weird.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Almost the entire list of seismic stations is picking up substantial measurements.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Almost the entire list of seismic stations is picking up substantial measurements.

Yeah LTL, it's really gone beyond spikes in my opinion. These are sustained 'blocks' of activity.
*It's crashed again, but not for long i think*

Sanc'.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
A while back an old mine in the US caved in and a whole lake dissapeared in the same way!

Maybe its just the same thing???

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
A while back an old mine in the US caved in and a whole lake dissapeared in the same way!

Maybe its just the same thing???

MickeyDee, i was thinking that a mining and/or drilling collapse could be the cause. But it would have to be a huge disaster to 'spike' the seismic stations with the current readings.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Parts of Russia still showing strong seismic activity, althouth not as strong as Sanc's cap above. Weird.

Good news though, the lake has been found. Somehow it mysteriously turned up in the Bermuda Triangle.

Missing lake
external image

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

www.burger.si...

I've been searching for actual photos of Bolotnikovo (where this story is based). Before and after lake disappearing preferably.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well did you find them yet ?

I was just saying its probably not some unknown phenomenon, there are a few dissapearing lakes in Slovenia

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
that's just too weird. i can't wait to hear from the russian science community about what they think the cause was..........

that's just very bizarre!!

good story...........although i find it interesting that somehow america got the blame for it!! hahahaha that's a good one!

angie

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I wonder...
From initial post,

Officials in Nizhegorodskaya region, on the Volga river east of Moscow, said water in the lake might have been sucked down into an underground water-course or cave system, but some villagers had more sinister explanations.

Volga river information.

Here's something i found.

KRASNODAR, May 17 (Itar-Tass) - Water is being dumped from the Krasnodar pond to prevent a flood. A record amount of water, 1,100 cubic meters per second, is being dumped on Tuesday. This is 350 cubic meters more than a week ago, a source in the territorial department for emergencies and state environmental control told Itar-Tass.

Residents of villages on the banks of the Kuban River, where the water is being dumped into, have been forewarned. Rescue units are on the standby.

Heavy rains and snow melting in the mountains have increased the water level in the upper reaches of the Kuban River and its tributaries. Several towns and villages in the Armavir area faced the flood hazard. So it was decided to broaden the riverbed with flooding several minor islands. The measure quickly increased the water intake of the pond to nearly 1,200 cubic meters per second.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Russians seem to have a problem with disapearing lakes and seas, don't they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join