It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Lake Disappears.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Residents of a village in central Russia are trying to solve the mystery of a lake that disappeared overnight.
Russia's NTV channel showed a huge, muddy basin where the lake once was, in the village of Bolotnikovo.

"It looks like somebody has pulled the plug out of a gigantic bath," said the TV's correspondent, next to a deep debris-filled hole.

Local officials in Nizhny Novgorod region say the lake was probably sucked into an underground cave.

Source

Nizhni Novgorod is located at the strategic confluence of the Oka and Volga rivers.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Large lake completely disappears in Russian village overnight - PRAVDA.Ru

Officials from the regional administration said that several houses went under the ground in the village of Bolotnikovo 70 years ago.

That must have happened around 1935, before the WWII. Same village...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Theres a canal near my mun n dads in the UK...apparentley years ago some old coal mines underneath it collapsed and sucked it completley dry in a 1 mile section in between some locks ?.........would have been a bit scary if you were a fish just swimming about minding your own buisness eh?............

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Um.....it may be the aliens again. I heard a story from a family who had a swimming pool in their back yard. They believe a ufo came in the night and sucked up all the water! lol....yeah, sounds crazy, but thats the story.

So, maybe, just maybe they needed lots of water! lol

Faeryland

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
hey, I heard something interesting on NPR last week....
They compared satallite images of today of those taken years ago.

If seems there are ALOT of lakes missing in Siberia.

I don't know where this lake is, but well, their might be a viable explanation given during that broadcaste on the radio.

if the permafrost has melted under neath the lake, well, if might have thawed enough for the water to drain throught it?

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My money is on underground nuclear tests.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Was the lake in a volcanic crater by chance?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join