It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Police Say Girls at Oregon Middle School Traded Sex for Meth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Girls as young as twelve are suspected of having sex with adults in exchange for methamphetamine. The girls are students at Waldo Middle School in Salem, Oregon. The adults involved, if found, will be charged with rape.

www.kpho.com
As many as a dozen girls at an Oregon middle school are suspected of having sex with adult men -- in exchange for methamphetamine.

Police tell a T-V station (K-G-W in Portland) that they're trying to identify the girls at the Waldo Middle School in Salem. They say some of the girls are as young as 12.

And they're also trying to identify the men who are involved -- saying they'll face rape charges.

One parent describes the news as "shocking."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Of course, most parents would be shocked and alarmed to find that their young teenage girls are prostituting themselves for drugs, but clearly anyone who is surprised that such a thing is happening, has not been paying attention. My experience in Child Protection taught me that the juvenile courts here don't even blink an eye when marijuana use by a teenager is brought up in court and drug abuse among young teenagers is common place. If you drive around while kids are walking home from school and waiting at bus stops, it's very common to see middle school aged kids "tokin' up."

Once the kids get into drugs, especially girls, trading sex for drugs is just not that much of a leap. America needs to wake up, because this trend has long since expanded beyond the inner city underclass and has taken root firmly in so-called "middle America."

Related News Links:
www.katc.com
www.craigdailypress.com
www.thenewstribune.com
www.kentucky.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 05/5/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's a good post and a wake-up call for all of us.

I still think that main responsibility lies with the parents. They really need to pay attention to what their kids are doing.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm sickened, but not terribly surprised.

I wonder how many of these girls are, or were, wards of the State and the child protection industry, and the Nanny State getting involved as much as it can to "protect" children from the consequences of their behaviors.

Especially seeing how the Children's Shelter here in Santa Clara County was used as a recruiting ground for pimps, and the reports covered up by Agency directors "for the good of the children", I wonder how many peole were told and warned and brushed off.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thought the subject-line read was "..........traded Sex for Math"

Just another after-school program gone horribly awry.

perhaps they needed help with algeBRA

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just what these girls would like to put on there C.V
work experience:
crank ho...
pizza hut
drug mule
loser

another group of up and coming crank Ho's, soon to be pregnant with crank kids, and soon to be another burden on society...
crank dealers should be tried for murder (or at least manslaughter) since most people that get addicted to crank, lose a large portion of thier life to it...

Crank is a plague, that will leave its mark on almost every generation since the hippies...
they ought to drop the focus on less harmful drugs and focus on eradicating this one menace...
kids will rebel, they will do things they are not supposed to do...
let them play with pot..I say... it is a far less dangerous "rebel method" than experimenting with GHB, ROHIBINAL, and crank...
which seem to be all the craze these days... do you know why?
IMO that these drugs are easier to get, and were not even illegal in many cases... just a bad choice of recreation...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
America has brought this on itself.
The more the government cracks down on cannabis, the more meth labs spring up, the more crank ho's you have.

This is a fact. In 1990, the government wiped out the entire cannabis crop in Hawaii, asian meth rushed into the scene to fill the gap, and has not abated in 15 years.

Recently some redneck sheriff in some mid-western state was bragging about all his pot grow busts last summer, only to finish his statement that meth labs in that state have sprung up faster than they can even keep track of them.

Meth and inhalants are replacing cannabis as the first time, and long term drug of choice of today's youth because weed is too expensive and too hard to get.

You will never prevent kids or adults who want to do drugs from doing drugs. But the drugs available make all the difference in the world.

Guess who profits from meth, OTC, and prescription drug abuse with absolutely no repsonsibility for what is done with their chemicals?

Did you guess corporations? Hey you are pretty smart.

Who would profit if everyone and their mother could grow pot?
Only industrial (Food, fuel, and fiber!) hemp farmers, thats who!

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Damn, I support legal prostitution, but this is why. Government regulated prostitution where they have to do drug tests to make sure they aren't doing drugs.

Damn, 12 years old? Sound like a local girl around here. Grew up with her, made fun of her all the time. My GREATEST prediction was that she would be knocked up and not know who the daddy was before we graduated HS. I was right, proving that I am so psychic I can even read my own mind half the time.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Every town has huge meth problems you just might not know it, it's the new crack. Its digusting really, horrible to see all these people tweaked out. Making up excuses as to why they need an "oil burner."

"oh i hurt my hand and i was going to put some eculyptis oil in ......."

stfu nobody wants to hear lame excuses.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Every town has huge meth problems you just might not know it, it's the new crack

New? Are you kidding? Coke bexame a real issue in he 80's. Meth - in the 70's called it we called it
"Chrystalline Meth". Meth has been a problem for decades, and it has always been a small percentage of the price. Also, even in the early 70's - I recall from experience that sex for this stuff was pretty commonplace.
This is just fact. I lived through it, and saw it all go down. This is old news.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
ok

it's nothing new, but there is a huge ICE explosion here, everyone use to be all into doing coke, and now they are in love with frozen water, just telling you what i've seen first hand ain't gotta get butthurt.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have noticed it is more prevalant in the Western States (Meth) I am at some pretty seedy bars in NYC playing shows and not once have I ever been offer Meth. (Everything else under the sun) But no Meth.

Also I think smoking Pot and selling your body for Meth is A HUGE leap not an easy assupmtion. I bet the precentages are something like
Kids who smoke Pot 80%
Kids Who do Meth 15%
Kids who give Sex for Meth 5%

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
America has brought this on itself.
The more the government cracks down on cannabis, the more meth labs spring up, the more crank ho's you have.

This is a fact. In 1990, the government wiped out the entire cannabis crop in Hawaii, asian meth rushed into the scene to fill the gap, and has not abated in 15 years.

A fact is something that is demonstrably true. What you have there is an opinion, backed up by some anecdotal evidence. You are going to need more than that to *prove* that "the more the government cracks down on cannabis, the more meth labs spring up, the more crank ho's you have", cuz it aint that simple.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Of course, most parents would be shocked and alarmed to find that their young teenage girls are prostituting themselves for drugs, but clearly anyone who is surprised that such a thing is happening, has not been paying attention. My experience in Child Protection taught me that the juvenile courts here don't even blink an eye when marijuana use by a teenager is brought up in court and drug abuse among young teenagers is common place. If you drive around while kids are walking home from school and waiting at bus stops, it's very common to see middle school aged kids "tokin' up."

[edit on 05/5/11 by GradyPhilpott]

While I don't agree with the comparisson of marijuana use and trading sex for meth, I do agree that this is a horrible thing. I live in Portland, Oregon and we have a huge meth epidemic right now. It is really quite disturbing to hear that it is affecting people so young. I am normally a supporter of legalization and letting people choose what they want to put in their own bodies, however this drug needs to be stopped.....period. It causes horrible physical changes (open sores on face and body, loss of teeth and degredation of the jaw bone, massive weight loss, ect) and it promotes alot of criminal activity - mainly theft of anything to sell for the next "bump".

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
..i've lived in two different small towns, hours away, and both in kentucky.
one of which has had a huge meth problem for years.. my girlfriend being a former hardcore methhead.. ..everyone i knew up there either still did it, had done it, was in jail for it, had gotten out of jail for it.. ..just this past week while i was there three guys i know got busted for cooking it..
..in my home town, it's been around for years.. i first came in contact with it about 5 years ago, but in the past two, it's gotten outrageous. ..and last summer, there was a huge weed bust.. all the big sellers in the county went down, and it made everyone else too scared to really sale..so it was uber hard to get, and bam..meth exploded. ..it's starting to pass now, but for a while i lost many long time pothead friends to it.

indeed a sad drug.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why are you bringing cannabis into this? It doesn't have any relevance.

Fact- Meth is easy and cheap to make.
Fact- It is becoming an epidemic.
Fact- The stuff is absolutely toxic.
Fact- it gives you a stronger, longer lasting high than most other common narcotics.
Fact- production of crystal meth creates a lot of harm, toxic byproducts, some of which are explosive.

Kids want the next, big high period. Since the drug culture is now almost mainstream, drug use has become more acceptable. Fortunately, the risks of producing meth means that fewer people attempt to do so...namely organized crime. Sure, they buy, transport and sell it...but at least they're not mass producing it themselves.

DE

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Exactly Deus, it's kind of American to put marijuana in the same category as meth, but truth is that marijuana is not even as harmfull as alcohol, unlike meth.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
wow no "it's their bodies to do with as they please" calls. i'm almost shocked at that lack. i mean after all these girls are about the same age as the one who wanted an abortion. so old enough to have sex and an abortion. it's their bodies after all, and THEY can make decisions about what they do with/to it is their business. but not old enough to use their bodies to buy drugs? interesting double standard.

personaly i am against such profiliation of some of these drugs. some drugs ARE truly debilitateing and adictive. they are the ones that tend to cause things like overdose, crime to pay for a growing habit, and lets not forget about those criminals who proffit off of this destruction. yet they insist on cracking down on a harmless by comparison drug like weed. what about booze? that is also a definate problem for kids that age. i realy don't like the protitution part either but only those girls can put an end to that.

now in this case we have young girls haveing sex for these drugs. well thats nothing new at all. heck i knew girls that would also have sex for booze. it;'s the same thing. i will agree that the adults involved do share some responsibility for this. but lets not forget their custumers who willingly (for the most part, i'm sure that there are exceptions) do this. much like some girls of the same age do it for cash. as such the adults while breaking the law and being sick puppies are NOT the compleate problem. these girls are EQUILY guilty. after all if they wouldn't do it then it wouldn't happen. it IS considered to be statitory rape, but lets be honest about it, these girls know perfectly well what they are doing, THEY made a choice. as such THEY share equil guilt with those sick puppies that are the adults. the whole point to statitory rape was to protect those who have no clue as to what was realy going on. these girls not only KNOW what is going on but are protituteing themselves for what they want.

unfotunately this problem will not go away. or at least won't go away as long as girls can proffit from their bodies. to girls such as these their body is just a tool to use to get what they want. THEY are the CAUSE of the problem. we could legalize all the drugs and this problem will not go away. we could shoot every adult that is involved and it will not go away. the ONLY ONES who can make this type of thing go away are those girls involved and their parrents. this is the SAME for both normal prostitution (which many of these girls will become after leaveing school). and all drug use. it is a round robin argument if it was't available it wouldn't happen, but if it wasn'ty wanted it wouldn't be available. it is simply supply and demand. if no one wanted it there would be no point to selling it. but it is wanted and therefore it will happen and be sold. there are peoiple willing to sell and therefore there will be people paying.

the real questions that need to be asked are. where are the girls parrents? why havent the parrents kept this from happening? now i know that most parrents would claim that they have NO WAY to prevent it. why not? why can parrents not teach their kids values to only have the rest of society just destroy them? i am sure that at least some of these girls had a good homelife with parrents that did try to raise them right. why are our morals so far gone that a girl will have sex for proffit? sex for drugs or alcohal?why do these girls think so little of themselves that they just realy don't care? that is the biggest problem in this the fact that these ghirls have no respect for themselves. now why is that?

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Meth is not about the "next big high", its about whats available, and meth is becoming more common place than other drugs.

To get coke you need lots of money and it has to be imported.
Alcohol you need an ID or someone with ID to get you the booze.
Ecstacy, even more money and it needs to be imported.

Marijuana, ever increasing amounts of money, its not addictive which means less potential profit for dealers. If you attempt to grow it, it takes 3 to 6 months, its too easy to be spotted and busted, its the number one drug of choice as far as arrests in the US go.

Meth: go to the store, buy common products, go home, cook up, sell it to friends, they keep coming back for more and more and more, sometimes they just don't leave, when they run out of funds, they give sex, or go out and whore for the money (male or female).

No Drug, ever has been stopped, EVER, meth will not be stopped, and something
else is soon to come along and add to the "drug problem".

Treatment is the only answer, treatment without threat of punishment, ei, decriminalize use and regulate the sales.

In 1980 there were 40,000 people in prison for drug related crimes in America,
Today there are 450,000 in prison for drug related crimes.

The poster above who mentioned this is old news is correct. Methamphetmines used to be legal over the counter products until the Carter Adminstration. It was given to soldiers to keep them awake, and is still given to air force and navy pilots on long range bombing runs (look up the four bombed canadian soldiers in afghanistan story for recent controversy regarding this)

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, it is there bodies, but unlike the girl who wanted an abortion, these kids weren't treated like property by the government, they weren't sexually abused by the people who were suppose to protect them.

Anyways, never done meth, could probably, just walk into a major city and you can get any drug.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The human race does not have a drug problem, we have a people problem.

If you take away the meth the addicts will turn to coke, take that away and they will turn to pot, take that away and they turn to sniffing glue, take the glue away and they will turn to abusing alcohol, take the booze away.....oh wait, we tried that once and it didn't work out so well.

Every dime spent on the war on drugs should be spent on finding a cure for addiction. eliminate the addict and the dealers can make all the drugs they want and no one will want them or care.

as long as there is a demand a supply will rise to meet it. Take away the demand and the supply will go away.

Like I said, we don't have a drug problem. We have a people problem.

Love and light,

Wupy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join