It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain Why There is not Glass in the Atmosphere?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Good to see you back Plumbo, back to buisness.

The camera used a wide angle lens, it's the nature of those lenses to make the center of the image larger. This makes the Earth's curve bend downward.

I got that high altitude picture and gave it a fisheye lens, this is the result.

It's the lens used that gives it that convex appearance. If you have a truck with a convex mirror or a spoon you can see this effect.

That just reinforces what I've been saying. We can't trust visual perception.
here's another pic fromthat site(un altered)

Obviously the craft is at a higher altitude than the previous pic I posted. Looking at the engine and wing for reference, there does not seem to be much angular distortion. But even if the lens is a wide angle, then this image I altered(pinched) would be accurate.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You used the spherify function to do that. Still which image can we trust?

Also I still don't get why we don't see the Earth curve up from high altitude, not horizontaly but vericaly.

Also I am still puzzled about why we don't see a reflection in the glass. Even if sunlight is passing through it, you should still see some reflection. I'm looking though a window and it's sunny out and I can see my reflection.

I made this picture, why don't we see something like this?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I went back and re-read all your points. All very good arguments except for one. If we are indeed held down due to centrifugal-force from the earth spinning, then there would be two points on the earth (the poles) where there would be zero amount of centrifugal-force. In fact this force would dissapate as you neared the poles, and grow stronger as you neared the equator. Since we currently have scientist near the south pole that aren't teathered down we know for sure that this cannot be true.

incorrect. I never said centrifugal force holds us down. I alluded to penguins flying at the poles if this were true. Look it up. The only time I mentioned centrifugal force is when I pointed out that in the pyramid bubble this tended to excite the host particles inside, in other words, the central celestial sphere is spinning and creates centrifugal force inside of it....not the earth. Please fully understand my position, I don't think you have yet. Another reason I believe you haven't is because you suspect I follow Mr. Teed, who I adamantly do not. I follow God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, the same 2 dieties the apostle Paul almost always referred to at the beginning of his letters.

Therefore there must be some other force that attracts us to what we call the surface of the earth. It can't be air pressure. As mentioned earlier, once you jumped and achieved a space between your feet and the ground, any difference in air pressure between yourself and the air above you would be equalized.

I agree, like you, there is a force that holds us down. I earlier mentioned it was air pressure, maybe I was wrong. But whatever force it is, it is a force, whether you believe we live on the earth or I beleive we live in it. I'm studying aetheric principles and I do believe there is a connection with it being the catalyst that holds us down. This medium in which torsion waves conduct in a pyramid-bubble energy sphere.

Finally even if the earth is as you say, why does it take ( I know you distrust NASA ) 6 months travelling 28,000 mph to reach mars?

Inner space is like a current any orb travels on. As space gets deeper to the center, temperature slows down orbs. That's why the orbits of Neptune and Uranus are so long. Any space probe we send up catches the wave of this current and has to catch up to the destination orb as they both circle the interior.

Are you a Christian

Yes.

Then you're are not believing your bible.

Are you a follower of Cyrus Reed Teed (aka Koresh)?

Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo
Then you're are not believing your bible.

Do you have to believe in the bible in order to be a true Christian, especially the King James translation of it?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You used the spherify function to do that. Still which image can we trust?

Yes I implied I did. Pinch is the opposite effect in the spherize filter.

Also I still don't get why we don't see the Earth curve up from high altitude, not horizontaly but vericaly.

Because we see the curve as straight. However this infrared telescope was able to see the landscape ascending.

www.rolf-keppler.de...

Also I am still puzzled about why we don't see a reflection in the glass. Even if sunlight is passing through it, you should still see some reflection. I'm looking though a window and it's sunny out and I can see my reflection.

I made this picture, why don't we see something like this?

There may just be some sort of polarizing effect that the glass exhibits. I'm not quite sure. But like I mentioned earlier, I definitely think that the green/blue flashes atop the sun are reflections of earth.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Do you have to believe in the bible in order to be a true Christian, especially the King James translation of it?

You have to beileve that Jesus Christ is your Lord and that he rose from the dead.

that is all.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I had the impression you would see something like this.

This is from the game "halo", this the best example I can give you of what I thought it should look like.

What about the amout of space debris that is too small to puncture a layer of glass. What keeps this glass window "clean".

EDIT GOLDEAGLE: IMAGE SIZE

[edit on 8/19/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You don't have to believe that we live inside the earth to be a Christian. What about those that believed that the earth was flat? Were they doomed to hell because of it? No, most certainly not.

This point is a non issue much like when Paul discussed if we should eat meat that was from animals that had been sacrificed to idols. Or if circumcision was necessary to be a Christian. While they are all interesting discussion points, they have nothing to do with your Salvation. I suspect that the thief on the cross beside Jesus didn't know if the earth was round or square or flat, but that made little difference when he confessed his faith in who Jesus is.

The scriptures you are picking are open to interpretation. Unlike a verse such as "Do not kill" these points are open to debate. Let's take the pre-trib, post-trib, Rapture argument. Both sides have good points. We'll find out in time which is correct, but if you don't pick a side, or pick the wrong side of the debate you can still be a Christian

Your argument that we live inside the earth is hard to disprove. The same geometry that we use to calculate the outside of a sphere could be inversed to calculate the inside of the same sphere. I submit to you that it doesn't really matter that much who is correct as either approach has a solution. Do I think that people on the South pole are upside down? I could see it that way from where I stand, but once you reach that point then you are not. It's all relative. If you wish to believe that we and the universe are inside the earth that's fine, but don't' expect others to see it that way.

I think that things are more complex that either you or I can comprehend. Einstein himself believed that if you had a super powerful telescope that could see across the universe, what you would end up seeing would be the back of your head. Basically the universe could be mapped out like so..

Confusing but still fun thinking about.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Maybe the air beneath the glass absorbs most of the reflection, not sure...as well as the polarizing effect that the glass has. It actually blocks light from penetrating space. Like not being able to see the dark regions of the crescent moon.

In Job 38:20 God asks Job if he can take light and darkness to the "bound" thereof. This bound he's talking about is the glass boundary.

What about the amout of space debris that is too small to puncture a layer of glass. What keeps this glass window "clean".

Well theoretically, an object could simply bounce off the glass and go back into orbit, falling ever so slightly over time due to "microgravity".

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What about objects that have just enough force to get embedded in the glass? What removes those?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
You don't have to believe that we live inside the earth to be a Christian. What about those that believed that the earth was flat? Were they doomed to hell because of it? No, most certainly not.

This point is a non issue much like when Paul discussed if we should eat meat that was from animals that had been sacrificed to idols. Or if circumcision was necessary to be a Christian. While they are all interesting discussion points, they have nothing to do with your Salvation. I suspect that the thief on the cross beside Jesus didn't know if the earth was round or square or flat, but that made little difference when he confessed his faith in who Jesus is.

100% agreed. You are my brother in Christ. You are saved by His blood.
I always clarify to Christians that this is NOT an issue of salvation.

Does this mean we as Christians should not use science to prove God's literal existance in the earth....especally when it comes to scripture which is flooded with verses that back my position and not the conventional one...

What does this mean to the Christian who claims he/she believes God's word. They become hypocritical.

Now read 1John4:1-3.
test the spirits and see whether or not I confess Jesus' flesh. I point to his flesh existing in a Physical place. I point to heaven existing in a physical place. I point to hell existing outside the physical place.

Your argument that we live inside the earth is hard to disprove. The same geometry that we use to calculate the outside of a sphere could be inversed to calculate the inside of the same sphere. I submit to you that it doesn't really matter that much who is correct as either approach has a solution.

It's like this. I found Jesus! I know where he is....

now, now, don't say he's everywhere....I already heard that one..Yes his SPIRIT is everywhere, BUT not his flesh. otherwise he's have to be really small and cloned to fit in all our hearts.

I can almost touch his wounds, feel his scars...I'm only 4,000 miles away. I love him. He is my God....I can't wait to see him....He is my redeemer. Wouldn't you like to come along side me and believe he can be found....literally. His body!!

His body!!! Feel his loving arms hugging you? Know he's there? Sitting at his Father's right hand? I know you would.

Look at it also like this...
Over the past 2-3 years since I acceptd this belief. I cannot begin to tell you how intimate a relationship I have with him. It's like knowing a loved one is in Russia...knowing his body is there...and relating to him through spirit. The saying 'with you in spirit.' knowing there is a definite LOCATION t the body.

Jacob saw a ladder, Elijah and Moses saw pillars of fire. Where do you think the tops are?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is not rocket science, Rocky.

This is a tile from the Space Shuttle.

The abrasive coating on the tile is called frit.

Frit is dichroic glass, able to withstand high temperature. (higher than normal glass)

When frit rubs against glass at high speed, it is like sandpaper rubbing against wood.

(Do not touch the bottom...it is hot!!!)

Frit melts glass.

Space Shuttle melts through glass in the sky to come back to ground.

Rocky: "Gee Bullwinkle. If I were you I'd think twice about that."

Bullwinkle: "Well Rock, If you were me , and I were me then there'd be two of me and I'd have to think twice about that."

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is the second time I've gone to this thread only to find all of Plumbo's submissions vanished. After the first time, they came back. Now they're gone again. The thread's still here and not locked, so whuuuutttt's the deal? Inquiring minds...

jra

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hey, yeah were did all his posts go? Was he banned or did he leave and wanted all his posts deleted?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Mabey he was right about the glass and inverted earth and the CIA erased all of his evidence. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Global Ignore looks like to me.

as to why? dunno

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

No streaks

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Not again, this really is odd . Lysergic as a councel member mabye you could find out whats going on ?

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thread Closed until further notice.

Thanks........

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Strewn amidst the Libyan Desert in southwestern Egypt lie many pieces of the purest natural silica compound found anywhere. This Libyan Desert Glass, which is very similar to tektites, is another mystery of scientific origin. Many classify it as the result of meteorite impact, yet there are no impact craters. Like tektites they cannot be classified as obsidian because of their extra-terrestrial makeup. Yet unlike tektites, they seem not to have been molten or formed into globules. LDG is also uniquely characterized by it's high resistance to heat and does not melt until it reaches fairly high temperatures.

The argument FOR meteorite impact is that the glass is composed of meteoritic elements...

"Libyan Desert Glass is a natural glass composed of nearly pure silica (98 wt %). The formation of this glass, because of its unusual composition has for long been considered as mysterious. Chemical analyses show that the glass is locally enriched in meteoritic elements, with typical chondritic proportions. The only explanation for these observations is that Libyan Desert Glass results from a meteorite impact on a silica-rich target."
www.saharamet.com...

However, others believe the chemical analysis disproves meteorite impact...

"The results of a thermal, microstructural, and chemical analysis of LDG suggest that it is more likely derived from a low-temperature chemical process rather than meteorite impact on sand. "
(McPherson, D., et al; "Was Libyan Desert Glass (LDG) Formed by a Low Temperature Chemical Process?" Eos, 66:296, 1985.)
www.science-frontiers.com...

Another theory suggests they were formed from the surrounding sand heating up after an atomic explosions thousands of years ago.
www.skepticreport.com...

Along with tektites, LDG has eluded scientists as to unanimously concluding their origin. To this day their origin remains a mystery.

Why should there be such ambiguity to their origin?
Is it not also reasonable to assume, after all the above mentioned reasons, that this Libyan Desert Glass is shattered fragments of the glasosphere resulting from the penetration of a celestial orb?

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join