It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain Why There is not Glass in the Atmosphere?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow I thought this thread died pages ago, I suppose being on holidays sort of makes you miss things.
Its sort of unfortunate that Plumbo seems to have departed, he really did put up a good if not altogether convincing argument.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Another first on BTS/ATS!

Praise God.

This is my Father's world.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

another first on BTS

What does that mean? Did you finally convice someone to join your point of view. I was just reading your response to the laser question that I asked. I don't believe that you gave enough reason to for us to believe that a laser beam follows the curvature of the earth.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
savannah, can you see Plumbo's posts? because I can't, I know he posted just a few minutes ago but i can't see the post.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Its sort of unfortunate that Plumbo seems to have departed, he really did put up a good if not altogether convincing argument.

Thanks paddy, it means a lot to me for you to admit this. God Bless You!

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Plumbo dissapeared into thin air.
[edit on 8/19/2005 by GoldEagle]

So did Elijah

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok So your back , What I would like to know was why your post were not showing up? Have you any explaination ?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
Ok So your back , What I would like to know was why your post were not showing up? Have you any explaination ?

It's because you were viewing his post through the "glassosphere" which hides things that are really there. (Couldn't resist) It was so someone could clean-up something that was prohibited in the site Terms and Conditions. Nothing to do with this thread. Now stop getting off topic. I want to hear how the glass thingy bends laser beams.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

It's because you were viewing his post through the "glassosphere" which hides things that are really there. (Couldn't resist) It was so someone could clean-up something that was prohibited in the site Terms and Conditions. Nothing to do with this thread. Now stop getting off topic. I want to hear how the glass thingy bends laser beams.

whew, ok...thought you guys didn't like me or somethin.
...thought the big wigs at nasa called Simon and told him to destroy ALL of that man's evidence.

lasers as well as light in general bend because they are like other forms of energy, confined to their encasement...

1. Every known form of energy decays, even light, namely with the square of the distance, and yet light rays of stars are still reaching us from billions of light years away.

If Einstein is taken as gospel(curvature of light), why can't you believe that lasers bend inside a concave earth? The glasosphere is irrelavant to lasers bending.

p.s. I posted the same "cartoon" of a brown-nosing nasa lover kissing the behind of an Nastronaut 2 weeks ago in a previous thread. It remained there, i.e the mods were OK with it.

Let's be honest dbates, you don't like me, do you.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
While there may be a few members that I have the "don't like feeling" towards, you're not one of them. I don't believe that a lot of what you say is actually factual, but it is interesting how much time and effort you put into it. And you're usually polite unless people act like complete idiots. Your point of view is frustrating, but I think that as an individual you seem to be a very nice person.

Now if I could only bring you over to the dark-side that the earth is a sphere in space. Then I could use your powers of persuasion for my own evil purposes. Mu haa haa haa *evil laugh*

I wouldn't say I was a NASA lover, but you can't expect us to ask NASCAR about space travel. Of course NASA is going to be a reference for this type of thing.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

While there may be a few members that I have the "don't like feeling" towards, you're not one of them. I don't believe that a lot of what you say is actually factual, but it is interesting how much time and effort you put into it. And you're usually polite unless people act like complete idiots. Your point of view is frustrating, but I think that as an individual you seem to be a very nice person.

thanks for clearing that up...btw I visited your blog and you seem like a nice guy too.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I don't believe that a lot of what you say is actually factual, but it is interesting how much time and effort you put into it. And you're usually polite unless people act like complete idiots. Your point of view is frustrating, but I think that as an individual you seem to be a very nice person.

Amen. I totally agree. It's interesting and entertaining. Not in a "your ignorance amuses me" way, but in a "look at the ingenuity of the defense" way. Bud, I made a u2u effort to have this moved out of general chitchat, but was obviously unsuccessful, as I figured I'd be. Hey, it's their sandbox. We're just allowed to play in it.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Okay, in the interest of the opposition side, here some evidence from a source that is not NASA. The below photo shows the earth from space. Taken by Brian Binne of the Spaceship One project. This picture was taken at an altitude of 367,442 feet.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Amen. I totally agree. It's interesting and entertaining. Not in a "your ignorance amuses me" way, but in a "look at the ingenuity of the defense" way. Bud, I made a u2u effort to have this moved out of general chitchat, but was obviously unsuccessful, as I figured I'd be. Hey, it's their sandbox. We're just allowed to play in it.

yeah I know, thanks again. I guess since mods don't want to step on their fellow mod feet, the decision probably lies on Byrd to reconsider his/her initail decision to move it here.

And remember, it may be their sandbox, but it's God's beach. And we're just allowed t play IN it. and we're promised to stay in it forever, if we believe in his Son. Now if we don't then there's Job 38:13 where they will be shaken out of it(the earth that is)

Originally posted by dbatesThis picture was taken at an altitude of 367,442 feet.

Well I already admitted to GoldEagle that once an aircraft below OR above the glass reaches a certain altitude, the optical reversal already begins. It's like opposite how we see the sky as dome-like from the ground.

The underlying message in this thread is that our visual perception decieves us. This perception is even more so skewed by the glass in the sky... as seen in the apparent scale diversities of the sun and moon at different postions in the sky.

On a side note, I'd like to know if you are a Christian, dbates?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

p.s. I could easily support my position using your site you provided as proof.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good to see your back Plumbo,

I'd like again to bring up the data we have aquired through the study of plate tectonics and seismology.From monitoring shock waves moving through the earths mantel and core we can assertain its composition and the shape of the earth.Shock waves travel at different speeds through different materials these waves have different frequencies which we can analyse to find out what sort of material its moving through.

Inside Earth

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Merkeva]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Good to see your back Plumbo,

I'd like again to bring up the data we have aquired through the study of plate tectonics and seismology.From monitoring shock waves moving through the earths mantel and core we can assertain its composition and the shape of the earth.Shock waves travel at different speeds through different materials these waves have different frequencies which we can analyse to find out what sort of material its moving through.

Seismic waves interpretation has been misunderstood. The earth resonates like a bell rung when an earthquake happens....

To conclude the earth has a core based solely on seismic waves is quite funny. Considering they only drilled 9 miles down.

These waves will then form a standing wave pattern, just like the vibration of a violin string. Or in other words, the Earth would "ring" like a bell after a large earthquake! The Great Chilean earthquake of 1960 was the earthquake that allowed seismologist to determine this ringing. Nowadays, the instruments have improved a great deal and the study can be done with many smaller earthquakes. The gravest mode of the ringing or "free oscillation" is about 54 min. We won’t hear any of this ringing evidently, but the mechanism of ringing of the Earth and the ringing of a church bell is very much the same.
www.geol.binghamton.edu...

When an earthquake hits. The hollow earth sends layers of sonic waves in all directions, like a bell being rung.

that was such a good analogy it's worth repeating!!!

ringing of the Earth and the ringing of a church bell is very much the same.

one more time...

ringing of the Earth and the ringing of a church bell is very much the same.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Seismic waves are also the only energy that penetrates the interior or a body such as the Earth, Moon, Mars, or any place that we can put down seismic sensors and have a source of earthquake (natural or artificial). By studying the energy returned from the interior of a body, we can then determine the velocities inside the body and decipher the interior structures and compositions of the body. The probing of the inside of the earth and the other planets are similar to the imaging of the inside of body using CAT-scan or MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).

From your own link Plumbo.Your explaining surface waves,but there is also body waves.

P and S waves are also called body waves, because the waves would travel through bodies. They are intrinsic in the sense that they are generated whenever there is a disturbance in the medium. There are also waves that are generated by P and/or S near the Earth's surface and are guided by the Earth's surface. Naturally they are called surface waves. The Rayleigh surface waves are related to both P and S waves, and the Love surface waves are generated entirely by S waves. The Rayleigh surface waves would cause the Earth’s surface to move up and down as well as forward and backward but the Love surface waves would cause the ground to move only in the direction perpendicular to the direction of propagation.

And also this also bring us to your theory that glass(or silicates) is needed for refraction.

The body waves travel through elastic medium following SNELL'S LAW like the rays of light.

The key point is the medium in reguards to light,.Light travels at different velocitys through different mediums which change its frequency hence its colour.So the glass-rainbow hypothesis is flawed.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good to see you back Plumbo, back to buisness.

The camera used a wide angle lens, it's the nature of those lenses make the center of the image larger. This makes the Earth's curve bend downward.

I got that high altitude picture and gave it a fisheye lens, this is the result.

It's the lens used that gives it that convex appearance. If you have a truck with a convex mirror or a spoon you can see this effect.

Plumbo your a good graphics artist, try it yourself on photoshop, use the spherify control and set it to a negative setting to give you th exact same thing as a fisheye lens.

EDIT: grammar me don't know good.

[edit on 8/19/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I went back and re-read all your points. All very good arguments except for one. If we are indeed held down due to centrifugal-force from the earth spinning, then there would be two points on the earth (the poles) where there would be zero amount of centrifugal-force. In fact this force would dissapate as you neared the poles, and grow stronger as you neared the equator. Since we currently have scientist near the south pole that aren't teathered down we know for sure that this cannot be true.

Therefore there must be some other force that attracts us to what we call the surface of the earth. It can't be air pressure. As mentioned earlier, once you jumped and achieved a space between your feet and the ground, any difference in air pressure between yourself and the air above you would be equalized.

Finally even if the earth is as you say, why does it take ( I know you distrust NASA ) 6 months travelling 28,000 mph to reach mars?

Are you a Christian

Yes. Are you a follower of Cyrus Reed Teed (aka Koresh)?

Concerning the photos from Spaceship One, the photo I posted was taken with a digital camera that had a standard lens. The picture you posted was taken with a camera that had a fish-eye lens so it could see the majority of the space ship.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join