It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Boycott Evolution Hearings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Evolution does not dictate whether or not there was Creation.

Sure it does, if you really believe in evolution down to your very core, then there is no God and the universe and life is nothing but a 15 billion year comedy of errors

Originally posted by apc
Creationists DO try to dictate whether or not there is evolution.

Sure they do, there is nothing in the Bible that supports evolution. What would you expect.

Originally posted by apc
This is what all the fuss is about. Man-made aspects of Creationism are being threatened by evidence for evolution, and in turn declared to be "lies told to our children."

Hey, I look upon evolution as a religon. If you can allow one into the school system for discussion, you should allow the other.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
w0w...

the "intelligent design'' theory!?!?!?

is that what it is called now???

ENJOY!!!

I just want to point something out that may not be clear.

Intelligent Design and Creationism are two different theories with Intelligent Design actually making scientific headway albeit very slowly.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I just want to point something out that may not be clear.

Intelligent Design and Creationism are two different theories with Intelligent Design actually making scientific headway albeit very slowly.

en.wikipedia.org...

thank you for this...

i didn't know this...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by simtek 22

Sure it does, if you really believe in evolution down to your very core, then there is no God and the universe and life is nothing but a 15 billion year comedy of errors

Why can't evolution AND God exist? Why does it have to be just one or the other?

Even with evolution, the laws of physics and chemistry, as well as all the dimensions of space and time still have to exist in the exact proportions that they do now. Who is to say that an intelligent creator didn't set everything up to allow for exolution to occur?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
thank you for this...

i didn't know this...

No Problem

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hajduk
Why can't evolution AND God exist? Why does it have to be just one or the other?

Even with evolution, the laws of physics and chemistry, as well as all the dimensions of space and time still have to exist in the exact proportions that they do now. Who is to say that an intelligent creator didn't set everything up to allow for exolution to occur?

It can. My biggest problem with that, and also with religion, is that if you have a God that created all of this, in whatever way shape or form, well, then there's very little way to argue that.

"This physical property explains the origin of the universe!"
"God made it that way!"

Just doesn't work out. You can't have a theory that's not only unprovable, but infallible.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by simtek 22

But, if you were to take a moment to look at it from this perspective, you would start to realize just how precious, rare and special life is.

Something that many who believe in God down to their very core don't seem to grasp to well, what with their inquisitions, witch trials, holy wars, jihads, pogroms, crusades and all.

apc

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Even with evolution, the laws of physics and chemistry, as well as all the dimensions of space and time still have to exist in the exact proportions that they do now. Who is to say that an intelligent creator didn't set everything up to allow for e[v]olution to occur?

Precisely.

It's no theory, of course, but nowhere in any form of evolutionary theory does it state "God does not exist."

Again, there is no need. The concept of a supernatural diety exists beyond any "universal" structure.

The answer to these questions exist not among the stars, but lie within. It is a realm that science cannot touch, that no theory can describe, and that no words can define. People try to [ob]jectify their faith and arm it against what they believe is contradictory to their beliefs, but it is simply because they dont even understand what it is they claim to believe in.

The Theory of Evolution is not a threat to Creationism.

Creationists are a threat to themselves.

Evolution is a product of science, plain and simple. It belongs in the Science Room. The ideas portrayed by Creationists are a product of man based on faith. There is no science. It does not belong in the Science Room.

Also, this has been beaten to death, but do you REALLY want YOUR children to attend a science class, and have EIGHTTEEN (thousand?) different chapters of coursework around EVERY noncorporeal alternative to evolution? Voodoo, Wicca, Judaism, Hindu... if you teach ONE you have to teach them ALL. This is what private schools are for, NOT PUBLIC.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by apc]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
But apc, every other version is wrong, didn't your priest teach you this?

That was sarcasm, it's all wrong. Anything that is backed up by "Because I said so, keep questioning me and I will wipe out your entire city" is wrong.

SIde note: Some medicines are banned because they work, we just don't know how. Yep, there are some medicines that work, but they don't know how, so they are banned until they can figure out how it works. So far it is just stuff like dry skin creme(not really, it's just shows that it isn't something major like anti-cancer or anti-aids) so no big deal. Now, if BS was a science, we could just say "god" makes it work. But down the line find out it works by mutating the cells causing anyone who uses it 5-10 times to grow an extra arm or something. If we find out it works by bio-centisis or something, then it would be passed.

I am so proud of myself, I could have included a pedophile, I mean priest joke in there, but didn't. See, I am restraining myself. Must be gods work....

apc

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Actually I was raised Lutheran... we had Pastors!
And they get to have wives!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join