It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Convicted Child Molester Confirms He Was Castrated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A man convicted of child molestation charges made headlines in the nineties when he asked for his own castration to relieve him of his sexual fantasies. This sparked legislation to authorize the procedure and the man now confirms that the procedure was performed.

www.click2houston.com
A convicted child molester who demanded to be surgically castrated had the procedure done within the last year, before his release from prison.

Attorney Paul Looney said McQuay also said he received therapy and that his sexual fantasies have significantly decreased.

He was released from prison Tuesday after serving eight years of a 20-year sentence and will remain under mandatory supervision for 11 years. McQuay was taken to San Antonio, where he will be in a work-release facility. He will wear a global positioning system ankle bracelet.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Wow. The potential for this man to repeat his offenses has gone down, which is good, but I just hope this doesn't drive the man to more complex crimes -- after all, impotence itself is the cause of many abominable sexual crimes.

I still somehow doubt this voluntary "treatment" will catch on among sexual criminals.

Related News Links:
www.chron.com
www.kltv.com
www.mysanantonio.com
www.chron.com

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Why is it that I doubt that the potential for this person to commit horrible crimes upon children has gone down any?

Since Sex is 90 percent mental, did they cut off his brain also?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe it should not be a "voluntary issue"...similar to a death sentence. I believe it should a punishment that the jury can assess.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

www.chron.com...
Shortly after his release from prison in 1996 for molesting a 7-year-old boy, Larry Don McQuay was convicted of molesting children again. Now he's been freed again.

[His lawyer said] "There's a lot of medical evidence that proves that it helps with impulse control, not necessarily sexual control, but he believes this will help.''

Texas Department of Criminal Justice spokeswoman Michelle Lyons said that to protect his safety, prison officials arranged for a two-vehicle caravan to transport the high-profile offender to Bexar County, where he drove a school bus and worked at Sea World before he went to prison.

I agree with the article and the previous posts that this may reduce the risk of committing crimes on impulse, but it will probably do nothing to stop him from meditating on sexual perversions.

EDIT: From the same article:

He claimed he had molested children more than 240 times and promised to resume his attacks if released and kill his victims to keep them from identifying him.

Zip

[edit on 9-5-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
howardroak said:
Since Sex is 90 percent mental, did they cut off his brain also?

he's a MAN right...............and he got castrated right? aren't the majority of men's brains located in their nether regions to begin with???

angie

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's about time! I have always suspected that castration would greatly improve the odds on reforming pedophiles. The notion of madatory castration for child molesters already has my vote, even without any data to show that it will help in their reformation....the fun factor alone is enough for me!

But now we have an actual living breathing case study walking around to test the theory that castration will reduce the risk of pedophiles acting out on their perversion.

It will be interesting to watch for further developments in this case. If Mr. Molester does not strike again, perhaps that will encourage others to follow his example. If many pedophiles are reformed this way, I could see that as a decent argument for including castration among the mandatory sentencing for certain types of crimes against children.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't expect that we'll gather any hard scientific data from this guy for awhile because he won't have the chance to break any laws for several years. He is on the strictest form of probation possible and being out of prison basically just means he gets to breathe fresh air and see grass and trees but that's about it, from what I read.

Zip

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I want the world to see that this man does not molest again...then more child molesters will choose castration, then they will make it mandatory.

---
Seriously though, the man did say that he would do this again, and that he would even murder his victims. I do hope that castration and probation together are enough to keep him under control.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As previously noted, castration won't work. Now if you want a real solution, take away Protective Custody and throw them into General Population.

That would cut it down by 90% I'd bet.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
To be fair, the consensus is that he was mainly saying he would offend again and murder his victims because he was trying to call attention to his request to be castrated. That doesn't make it untrue, but there is an amount of sensationalism in the statement.

The man said he had molested over 240 children. While our first response is to throw him to the dogs, there is obviously a severe mental problem with an individual driven by sexual perversions as this man is and the more scientific light that we can shed on cases like his, the more we'll know about, uh, "correcting" people with such twisted deficiencies -- and castration is a good place to start, in examining the effects on his sexual drive.

Perhaps this man and people like him have diseases, and with science, maybe we can eradicate these diseases.

Or maybe we should just throw them all to the dogs.

Zip

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot

Or maybe we should just throw them all to the dogs.

Zip

I can go with this one

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If they are repeat offenders..(more than once), than just give them a quick trial and shoot the MFer's.

Most Americans are tired of garbage like this roaming the streets....their tired of ABC news breaking new stories about how a "recently released" child molester is living in apartments across the street for an elementry school.

Just shoot em....there is no cure for people like this except a 9mm round in the head.

Maximu§

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Castration doesnt work. There are cases where the pig just used a broom stick instead. You rape or screw with a kid or woman in anyway, you get 50 years. No parole, no 2nd chance. Your done.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't see castration as a cure. It might take away some sex drive, but the OBJECT of the drive is unchanged.

A perfectly good example: women who have complete hysterectomies don't lose interest in men (assuming they're heterosexual) or in women (if they're lesbians).

TPL

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What if someone was wrongfully convicted though?

Unlikely but what if someone was convicted only to be proved innocent after the castration.

Has anyone been convicted for this crime only to be proven innocent later? I've never heard of a case.

This punishment should be looked into though.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by TPL]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
what jumps out at me are the words "signifacantly decreased". this means that he still has fantisies, just not so many of them. also we are takeing him at his word. even then by his own words he may still pose a threat. also what was it that had the effect on him? was it the castration or the therapy? or even a combination of both? even so he is NOT CURED. if he is still haveing fantisies then he still has an active "sex" drive. i will also add that it is my understanding that most rapeists don't just act out of sexual desires but the need to controll others.

now he had commented that he will kill his next victomes in order to get his castration. this only makes sence.if one kills a victome that can reduce the chances of being caught. i am not saying that this is a good thing, or that we should not punnish those who do commit these offences. but this is only the natural progression, and the reason why especialy child rapeists kill. getting caught is worth major time at a minimum life at it's maximum. a live victom can tell what has happened thus makeing it almost gueranteed that they will be caught. where as a dead victome may not be found, or found right away. this increases the criminal's chances of getting away with it. killing ends up being something that needs to be done if you don't want to be caught. this is especialy true if there is no differance in time served. just as once a murderer who has killed once has nothing to loose by killing the next victome. a child rapeist who is already looking at life has no reason not to kill. both can be life sentances, but remember that no live victome does increase chances of escapeing punnishment. i supose that he could just blind, cut out the tounge, deafen, and cut off the hands of a victome to be shure of not haveing his identity get out.

will he offend again? very possibly. he has admitted that he still has fantisies about it. if he still has those fantisies then what is stopping him from carrying them through? i honestly do not know what can be done to stop it from happening. this is even more true when considdered that a victome of this has a better chance of becomming an offender themselves. it is realy frustrateing that this can and does happen, and we are almost powerless to stop it. unfortunatly the only one who can realy put an end to these things is the offenders themselves, people who are weak willed.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So, on women perverts what gets cut off? Clitorious or more?

[picture removed]

Seems like a lot of hooplah over something that has been before. A full 'removal' of all the lower parts would help for a better solution.

John Bobbit- remember him?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Why should we spend $50,000+/year for death row inmates? One year maximum on the row...one bullet to end it...'nuff said.

The amount of tax dollars save could make a HUGE dent in the national debt. Tax payer s would rejoice nationwide...

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
you can also do what i belive it was the chinese did and send a bill for the bullit to the family. nice for the family to have to pay for itr isn't it.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo
Why should we spend $50,000+/year for death row inmates? One year maximum on the row...one bullet to end it...'nuff said.

The amount of tax dollars save could make a HUGE dent in the national debt. Tax payer s would rejoice nationwide...

Actually, my plan would save you a lot of money. They'd last about 15 minutes alive in General Pop. The inmates would need that time to fight amongst themselves as to who would shank the perv.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join