It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Speed Of Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yes, time is a speed. The speed of time is one second per second.
It is not the answer you seek but the question.

An interesting thing I've noticed about the perception of time is that
an event is often tied to the time that the event is observed. Normally
this is not an issue unless the distance between the event and the observer
is very large.

I've come to reason that time and distance are not only related but are
just different ways of saying the same thing. The Present would be those
events occuring near you at this moment, the Past would be those events
that are now seperated from you by some amount of distance. The Future?,
well, we haven't arrived there yet.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by TruthCanHurt]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The idea that time and distance are analogous to near and far makes a lot of sense to me. In that case, the future, though far away, maybe can be visited.
If there are folds in the time/space continuum, or 'wormholes', etc. then they could be access points to far off places....or times.
Thanks

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Here's a theory:

All time exists together and every moment is like a picture in a flick book. There's no such thing as "time" itself - that is a totally spatial thing (space-time) and what we perceive to be the passing of time is actually our awareness passing from one flickbook picture to another.

That means there are billions of versions of your former and future self hangin around...but I can dig that. I mean, even if we have some conscious continuity, we may well be a different person at every moment because of the memories we accumulate.

That's what I've always thought anyway, although I think the way it works is much more complicated than the way I've explained it. The flickbook pictures maybe be infinite for every moment - or they may just be enough to fill the period of a lightwave. Hence if you travel faster than the speed of light you kinda force yourself off the grid and exceed the present.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Time and speed are measured by planetary movement. We are actually traveling at around 500 miles an hour while standing

still. The position of even our Solar System or Milky Way Galaxy change every microsecond. Tick, tick goes the clock or the

sundial either one. A hundred birthdays, or less, and you aren't walking around in your human animal body anymore.

Consciousness is usually relegated to spiritual or psychology theories. Remember Car Jung's 'collective unconscious' theory?

Time seems to me to chug along like a Fractaling Structure doing a radio sine wave similar to the Double Helix of DNA.

However, in our mass shared reality that is being experienced by everything on this planet, there are many interwoven wave

patterns. Some dependent on each other and supported or weakened in a way similar to how a stereo equilizer can be used to

adjust the highs and lows of frequency strengths. Like the wave structure of a Double Helix, or Jacob's Ladder during a

Biblical Dream, there are logical patterns that are either redundant, or mutable(and mutatable) that are like those referred

to as 'junk DNA patterns' because they are not recognized as a repetitive pattern common to all within a species of DNA

programed lifeform.

When you take a look back through known history, you can see patterns and redundancies of patterns that have played out in

humans more obviously than in plants and animals. There are places along those time-lines of slight changes to cultures that

you can see where the editing and pasteing is different from the places of continuing of 'same-o'.

Our conscious awareness has qualities of 'non-locality' that people are busily trying to put the concept of into words that

non-aware people will be able to mentally deal with and place somewhere into the cultural programings of beliefs and

teachings.

I personally believe that at least some people are sentient entities that are suffering through the limitations of walking

around in human animal bodys of flesh for an earthly lifetime, and suffering too with trying to deal with the cultures and

religions and systems that are available currently.

Other dimensions that may or may not be interacting with our own scientifically measured dimensions, and measured by known

methods, would not be able to have the same scientific measurements that are particular to our own position and perspective.

And being limited to the flesh organs of the human animal body doesn't provide for many options of measuring either Time, or

Space, or Motion, or Speed.

The mind, as differentiated from the brain, sometimes gets glimpses of earthly reality that are not from the mundane

observations of what is immediately around you. Even trees have their own types of communication networks based on chemical

warnings of danger in or coming towards an area.

Trying to measure what we are experiencing in obvious material form is difficult. If you try to copy and paste those

measurements onto dimensions that are not under the same scientific laws of nature that are inherent to this planetary life,

you can get majorly confused and unable to relate the concepts to what is already accepted as normal and explained.

Mathmatics is based on one or two less dimensions than our earthly reality. Could Scalar Mathmatics, or 3Dimensional

mathmatics bring a better way of measuring? It could only still be used to measure what our flesh senses are aware of.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Clearing away the error of time in the human mind, while elucidating the actual nature of time, the Law of Time sheds light on vistas hitherto unseen and unknown, that all humanity might ascend to its next evolutionary stage. As a new knowledge, the Law of Time lays the foundation for the reformulation of the human mind.

Time is the fourth dimension. The fourth-dimensional timing matrix is the filter of synchronization through and within which the time vector potentialities may be identified, discovered and utilized. The purpose of the Thirteen-Moon 28 day count coordinated to the 13:20 timing frequency matrix is to make conscious and available the various time vector potentialities through programs in time known generically as the activation of celestial harmonics

[edit on 5-15-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
For most people, whether they realize it or not, 'time' is analageous to distance/space. Time is actually the 4th dimension(possibly higher) existing outside of our reality and its true meaning is difficult maybe even impossible to know.

The Fourth Dimension is portrayed geometrically by fractals and by the Hypercube. The Hypercube is the symbol used in mathematics to try and represent the fourth dimension in two dimensions (a drawing on a piece of paper - a plane).

The fourth dimension is the home of the Complex numbers and Fractal geometry. Unlike the other dimensions, the fourth is the real world in which we live. It is the space time continuum of Man and Nature where there is constant change based on feedback. As Mandelbrot recently discovered the fourth dimension includes not only the first three dimensions, but also the gaps or intervals between them, the fractal dimensions.fractalwisdom.com

Another good explanation for time as the 4th dimension can be found at jimloy.com

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Check out this thread I started 2 years ago about time being the 4th dimension. It has alot of valuable information about time itself.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Rren
For most people, whether they realize it or not, 'time' is analageous to distance/space. Time is actually the 4th dimension(possibly higher) existing outside of our reality and its true meaning is difficult maybe even impossible to know.

Another good explanation for time as the 4th dimension can be found at jimloy.com

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The speed of time... from 2012 to 2005.. was about 45 seconds for me.

I had to reply to this thread because it was only the other day I asked someone what the speed of time was. I then saw a post from someone who registered in 2002 and couldn't embed a video. It was interesting. I looked at their profile and found this thread, which led me back to the question, what is the speed of time.

And I think she's right... it's all one big flip book. I just flipped here.. 2005. Hi

Now I'm going to flip back to 2012. Cya!

Whew, time travel is hard work when you're a lazy bugger!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Time moves at the speed of light. Or, at least, an object moves through time at the speed of light when it is stationary.

This is the reason why time dilation occurs, in which time goes more slowly for an object the faster it moves through space. This is because time and space and interlinked - spacetime - and, therefore, the sum of travelling through space and time always equals c (the speed of light). So, if you stand still, you travel through time only - at the speed of light. If you move at the speed of light, you move through space only and not through time — time stands still.

Speed at which an object moves through space + speed at which an object moves through time = speed of light (186,000 miles per).

So, in the above equation, if speed through space is zero then speed through time must be speed of light.

edit on 26-2-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If indeed E = MC2 then neither matter/mass nor energy could exist until there was first space and time. Without space and time what is the 'speed' of light?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iksmodnad

That does not make sense. If you traveled so fast that you landed before you took off. You would crash into your own ass....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join