It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Hummer Not Enough?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
www.moller.com...

It is a little pricey, but it'll get you places those trucks will never go, and it looks cool too.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't know if they are all driving CXT'S but the rodeo cowboys and cowgirls are pulling large trailers with four-door semi's.

This Am I think I did see a CXT heading East.

Roper

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You might need a commercial license to drive it:

Let me see now, CXT squashes Hummer in demolition derby, you know on the way to the grocery store in Los Angeles, then along comes the The Caterpillar 797.

This is not reality, it is fantasy, since the CAT is in no way street legal, but you can work on that and get back to me later?

[edit on 7-5-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The primary purpose of of vehical like this is for towing large items without having to move up to a full size semi-truck that requires special training & operators license. If you ever towed anything you know how hard towing is on standard trucks - so if you need something heavier than a 1 ton this is your option.

My 1/2 ton truck just about collapses when I picked up about 20 landscaping bricks from Home Depot. Which means lots of extra trips with that size truck. I used my friends 1 ton truck & I can put 50-60 with each load & save time fuel & frustration. Large doesn't = bad or wasteful. Yeah, I drive my truck without a load often, but it is a multipurpose vehical & I choose & pay to have that option.

Worry about yourself & not what others are doing & you'll have a happier life.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Many people do not use their oversized vehicles for hauling anything or even to take it offroad. I know from experience where I live, that a lot of people just want a large truck to have one. They work in offices, and never need to haul bricks or anything else for that matter. They don't take these trucks or SUVs offroad because they don't want to get them dirty. These are merely "for show."

And, you're right, there would be no point in spending one's time dwelling on the use of these oversized vehicles, but the problem is that this use is widespread.

America is the largest consumer of gasoline in the world, and I assure, all these oversized vehicles do not help the situation. Are we simply to continue using up valuable resources "because we can"?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just curious...what's the price tag on one of these beasts?

I know, I know, if I have to ask...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In the next episode of "Pimp My Dumptruck" ....and in the bed, we installed a Taco Bell!

So when are we gonna see these?

[edit on 5/7/2005 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The CAT was cool, but the Liebherr is even slightly bigger, behind every player is a true player.

radio.weblogs.com...

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Silenus]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Hey, whats wrong with SUV's. I haul around 3 great danes and a 6'5" teenage son. I love and need my SUV.

What made you buy a SUV as opposed to a mini-van? On the surface, it appears that a mini-van has the same amount of room, is cheaper, more fuel-efficient, and safer (no rollovers).

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Hey, whats wrong with SUV's. I haul around 3 great danes and a 6'5" teenage son. I love and need my SUV.

What made you buy a SUV as opposed to a mini-van? On the surface, it appears that a mini-van has the same amount of room, is cheaper, more fuel-efficient, and safer (no rollovers).

That's true, but an SUV can double up as an off road vehicle for hunting, fishing, camping....some guys like the outdoors...I'm one.

It's sure beats having a mini-van and having to have a seperate truck for off road and SUV's generally have more power to handle the terrain that a mini-van cannot.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sure their are people that need the CXT. Not many actually need it. Has anybody noticed that Ford and GMs stock has been reduced to junk bond status? The useless gas hog SUV is the main reason why. Ford and GM will eventually get back in the game but not for a while. Gas where I live is around 2.50 a gall. 2.50! By the time W leaves office gas will be 5.00 a gallon. Lets see how well SUVs sell then. GM just thought that they could cram 10mpg SUVs down our throats forever. Guess not. Ford isnt as bad as they build very nice cars too. It shouldnt take Ford long to come back.

Its about time most of the big SUV market collapses. I dont blame high gas prices on SUVs. I put the blame squarely on Ws shoulders. Its just Ws super elite oil buddies gouging the hell out of us. Whoever builds the first diesel electric 3 ton SUV that works will reap huge rewards. Yes there should be regulation on who can purchase SUVs. Dont give me that you should be able to buy whatever SUV you want crap either. From a safety standpoint alone alone you should have some kind of CDL type license just to buy an SUV over3 tons. The CXT is a dinosaur. If you buy this thing and you dont have a real practical use for it your an idiot.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
Sure their are people that need the CXT. Not many actually need it. Has anybody noticed that Ford and GMs stock has been reduced to junk bond status? The useless gas hog SUV is the main reason why. Ford and GM will eventually get back in the game but not for a while. Gas where I live is around 2.50 a gall. 2.50! By the time W leaves office gas will be 5.00 a gallon. Lets see how well SUVs sell then. GM just thought that they could cram 10mpg SUVs down our throats forever. Guess not. Ford isnt as bad as they build very nice cars too. It shouldnt take Ford long to come back.

Its about time most of the big SUV market collapses. I dont blame high gas prices on SUVs. I put the blame squarely on Ws shoulders. Its just Ws super elite oil buddies gouging the hell out of us. Whoever builds the first diesel electric 3 ton SUV that works will reap huge rewards. Yes there should be regulation on who can purchase SUVs. Dont give me that you should be able to buy whatever SUV you want crap either. From a safety standpoint alone alone you should have some kind of CDL type license just to buy an SUV over3 tons. The CXT is a dinosaur. If you buy this thing and you dont have a real practical use for it your an idiot.

Don't blame SUV's for GM's and Ford's problems. Blame the Unions.

www.nypost.com...

OBTW keep up the Bush-Bashing, it really helps us Republicans!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenus

The CAT was cool, but the Liebherr is even slightly bigger, behind every player is a true player.

radio.weblogs.com...

Comment: You could remember that this gadzilla-gargantuan monster truck is also a hybrid! Presumably that upgrades it to one gallon a quarter mile or something, but heck we are talking about the mining industry here. If you added up a hundred CXT trucks, they wouldn't carry the ore that economically at all.

[edit on 7-5-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The largest wheeled hydraulic excavator in the world is the LaTourneau L-2350 Wheel Loader. The L-2350 runs on rubber tires rather than tracks, and steers by flexing its hinged frame. It is similar in concept to front-end loaders used in local quarries and gravel pits, but bigger. Much, MUCH bigger.

and of course....

Hydraulic excavators used to load the world’s largest trucks come in two designs: tracked and wheeled. The Terex O&K RH-400 is the world’s largest tracked hydraulic excavator. Specifications for the huge digger include an overall weight of 1,745,000 pounds (787 tons), total height of 30 feet, and a bucket that holds 55 cubic yards of material. Power is courtesy of two Cummins twin-turbo diesels that crank out between 3,400 and 4,400 horsepower, depending on how the engines are configured.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
In the next episode of "Pimp My Dumptruck" ....and in the bed, we installed a Taco Bell!

external image

So when are we gonna see these?

[edit on 5/7/2005 by DiabolusFireDragon]

Does this also come in a Lowrider dancing model.....

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Gas where I live is around 2.50 a gall. 2.50!

Assuming you are talking in US Dollars and US Gallons, then believe me you really have nothing to complain about, here in Europe prices really are high.

Here in the UK (Hertfordshire to be exact) 1 Litre of unleaded is 86.9p (US$1.63 ) which is £3.95 (US$ 7.44) per UK Gallon or $6.18 per US Gall.

This is repeated throughout Europe, and although I can't be bothered looking I am pretty sure that Japan pay even more.

(Petrol price as at 5-APR-05 at Tesco)

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A great interior in leather sports the very best.

The CXT offers an optional camera installed in the rear bumper, which displays images in the rearview mirror.

Don't forget the DVD player.

Big steps get you to the drivers seat, over the 70 Gallon diesel tank.

Just in case you need a pickup truck that dumps, there you go!

And here is the back roads photograph

Comment: I think the whole purpose of material things is to make people's lives better. Now many go along with the normal bad press about buying the latest and biggest toy. The misnomer is that we went to war to lower gasoline prices, when the opposite is the case. I would rather spend money on thousands of these things than on wars, just a personal opinion. It seems that violence is paid at a premium but simply having things and enjoying life is ostracized.

I don't know about everyone else, but I sure would enjoy having a big truck like this, and to heck with the naysayers, I can dream can't I? Apparently too many people won't even allow that.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This does seem to be quite an over-sized vehicle, but I have an idea.

How about we all worry about our own selves and either buy what we want to buy and let the other person worry about what they want to do?

If a person can afford to buy an SUV (or larger), can also afford the gas and insurance, and they have a place to drive it and park it, why not just let the laws of supply and demand deal with this?

You want a hybrid (full of batteries containing lead and other toxic metals such as cadmium), go for it. You don't like SUV's, don't ever buy one - then just let it go.

[edit on 5/9/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Since we all have to pay the cost of dependence on oil, there's a decent argument for restricting vehicles like that. I mean, we control emissions, why not also milage or even power source?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Since we all have to pay the cost of dependence on oil, there's a decent argument for restricting vehicles like that. I mean, we control emissions, why not also milage or even power source?

There is plenty of oil and we do not even need foreign oil at all, that decision that we have to pay originates from the oil companies. They are a monopoly that is concentrating even more.

My argument is freedom verses tyranny, not deregulation of corporations verses over regulation of the people. All of the CXT trucks in the country do not make much difference at all concerning oil, so your restriction argument is against the free market. Are you suggesting that if I want to buy this truck even though it has a green technology engine, and that I am willing to pay for the fuel I should just forget it?

Oh but maybe big companies and corporations should only be permitted this thing. Wait a minute I feel like I am in India with some sort of caste system, oh you can lose class but you can never regain it. Once your rights are gone, they are gone for a long time until you can match more inflated dollars to lobby the idea than you could ever afford.

So where are you coming from here? Are you suggesting that because someone does not like something you should regulate it, and be a primary motivator in doing so? All those Earth First people are COINTELPRO people anyway, destroying SUVs to divide the people. What a scam. In the end one truck at a time, on right at a time, this free country is going down the tubes. So just saying you like something these days invites controversy from people who quit dreaming long ago, since they like squashing the dreams of others and that is their way of "dreaming."

[edit on 9-5-2005 by SkipShipman]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join