It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Hummer Not Enough?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
International CXT

Now that's one big pickup truck! Celebrities are buying it these days, and besides you counter-balance by alternating days with your hybrid. Live a little!

So keeping up with the Joneses has a new wrinkle to it, I mean who needs a Hummer when your pickup can weigh 12 tons anyway. Presumably dirt road driving is no problem either.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by SkipShipman]

Mod edit: made photos fit the page

[edit on 5/7/2005 by Gools]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I can't believe people make these kind of trucks or buy them. People should be looking more are smart cars and hybrids, not big trucks like this. Every day when I go to work I see many SUV's and TRUCKS driving around in the downtown core, in the heart of the business district, and 95% of the time it's no surprise that there is usually only 1 person inside the vehicle.

I for one can't wait until gas prices go up so high that people will be forced to drive hybrids, or get off the road.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ashton Kutcher has/had one. It appealed to the kid/redneck in him and was to fulfill a childhood fantasy.

I read recently where he pretty much stated a few months later (paraphase) "What the hell was I thinking?"

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I suppose the pickup area is to haul all those barrels of fuel, does make the hummer look like a mini-cooper though, would love to see a Mad Max version CXT in elevated configuration with monstertruck wheels

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've heard about these trucks, very odd. Sort of like those puff daddy pepsi commercials.

If this sort of thing keeps up, they might have to make federal laws about this sort of thing.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Actually from the looks of it if you pull off the bet and toss on a wrecker bed yo would have a fairly capable vehicle for pulling some of the larger vehicles such as the Hummer and others when then inevitably break down. That or add the bet attachment for a gooseneck trailer and you have a good setup for pulling heavy equimpent on trailers. See, not that useless really, just impractical for everyday driving.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah, its, literally, a heavy duty truck. Its been fitted to be a regular usage vehicle tho, with a normalized interiors, etc etc etc. Thats the thing. It'd be a great tow truck, or transportation company truck, not a regular car, and yet, thats what its specifically being sold as.

I mean, remember a while back, there were people suing mcdonalds and whatnot for making fatty unhealthy food and presenting it like it was healthy? They were something of a public backlash, peopel were like 'wth are you talking about, this isn't mcdonalds fault'. Now, what do you see? They realized that they can do whatever they want, and every thing is 'double meat, double bacon' or breakfast sandwiches that have enough calories for an entire day.

So now what're the car companies doing? They look at the public and say 'crap, gas is expensive, peopel are starting to realize that suvs aren't safer than regular cars at all, and that the whole big truck thing is kind of infantile and silly'. But SUV sales and Hummer sales kept doing well, so now, what do we get? This monstrosity.

Its not unlike the movies. After 911, everyone was like 'well, people are stressed, movies won't be about war and terrorism, it'll be nice stuff, traditional like and what not'. But then, some violent movies came out, and people loved it. Now star wars if is super violent film, a movie about a comic books is wildly violent, the jesus movie's only about him being tortured to death, and the next big film is about the crusades of all things.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Now were talkin...

[edit on 6-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I've heard about these trucks, very odd. Sort of like those puff daddy pepsi commercials.

If this sort of thing keeps up, they might have to make federal laws about this sort of thing.

Let me be the first to support any legislation that would outlaw any "puff daddy pepsi commercials" (or P. Diddy and Pepsi for that matter), it's just a matter of common decency.

Pepsi Generation Monkeys, not just for shameless product placement anymore...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
external image

Now were talkin...

What you like the model on the truck or the model of the truck??

BTW, I would support banning of cars/SUV's over a particular size from downtown/main city area... See how many people go for these then..

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Quake]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Zee road, zhe iz onli zo beeg!

Man what do you have to make atleast 80k a year just to keep this thing supplied in fuel?

I'm still waiting for the car that runs on rainbows and dreams.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey, whats wrong with SUV's. I haul around 3 great danes and a 6'5" teenage son. I love and need my SUV.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Hey, whats wrong with SUV's. I haul around 3 great danes and a 6'5" teenage son. I love and need my SUV.

hmm, I really don't care about them but a thought crossed my mind.

Soccer moms blabbin on their cell phones, yelling at children, changing the radio station, eating a sandwhich ALL while putting on make up!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I mean... damn. I really don't know what to think about the domestic automotive market anymore. This is getting out of hand! Didn't we learn our lesson on this kind of thing in the 70's?!?! To anyone who would even concider buying this "vehicle" i say to you: please, please just die.

You want somthing that can pull a hummer out of the mud, go get a rebuilt 60-70's unimog. Much more practile.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey

I said cars/SUV's over a particular size. You really dont need a Hummer to carry on your daily work. Do you? Anyway, many SUV'S today are oversized. I would definitely not want us poor environment frienldy..ier car drivers put to danger on the crowded city roads from these oversized, gas guzzling monsters.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I agree with ya Quake, there are way too many oversized SUV's and trucks on the road. My SUV is not oversized. I think they look stupid.

Those hummer drivers won't be looking at ya all smug come this summer and gas prices being at all time highs LOL!

btw

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
One thing about the phony left verses right paradigm is that the big oil cartels sponsor both sides of an argument, dividing and conquering and laughing all the way to the bank while people chew one another to pieces without making one bit of a difference.

Now if I want to buy one of these CXT trucks with a tax credit, and write off the fuel costs while experiementing with sociology on a grant while actually doing some real business, why should anyone else care?

The extreme rich actually disdain conspicuous consumption, but mostly for the average or slightly above average person. They do their conspicous consumption as secretly as possible.

This is a request for public happiness, and if it involves buying and driving it, then I hope to give you a ride in this pickup. Otherwise when you are complaining in your Rockefeller and Ford Foundation sponsored "green group," about trucks like this, remember where their Hegelian-Malthusian divide and conquer money proceeds. Please study these things objectively, and for goodness sake think about what you want, not what some fake politics wants you to stereotype your minds into believing.

Green Diesel Technology is the key if you are thinking that smokestack exhaust is billowing too much pollution. And yes it is street legal too!

[edit on 6-5-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Remember the International CXT pick-up truck we brought you way back when? Well we figured it would be a hit in the industrial market and as a promotional item like we saw last fall. But now it seems the CXT is in the hands of celebrities. Folks like Ashton Kutcher and Jalen Rose actually ponied up and bought one while others like Nick Lachey and Jay Leno just test drove the suckers (and I guess got their photos taken too). West Coast Customs is even working on a tricked out version with monster rims. We’re just hoping this is the shortest trend of all time.

The Massive CXT

Comment: Well this baby is huge, come to think about it. The Radiator is above the head for most people, and it comes in a pickup dump truck configuration. Also the full range of amenities such as plasma TV is optional. Perhaps some think about their wheels as a "chick magnet," and so forth, but then again maybe if the love of your life is attracted to you and it works out, anything is feasible on that score.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Good God.

Please. Someone really needs to start exporting 'Common Sense' to America.

Seriously.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Why not start selling the MAZ-541 in the US? It gets fuel mileage that an american can be proud of... it's protected against nuclear and biological warefare and of course it has enough hauling power to shift mountains around.

I'm sure they would have plenty of customers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join