It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: MIT Students Host Time Traveler Convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology will be hosting the first-ever convention held for time travelers from the future. The convention's creator, Amal Dorai, says "The odds of a time traveler showing up are between one in a million and one in a trillion." Since time travelers can move backwards and forwards through time, the MIT convention may be the only one of its kind that will ever need to be held.

nytimes.com
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 5 - Suppose it is the future - maybe a thousand years from now. There is no static cling, diapers change themselves, and everyone who is anyone summers on Mars.

What's more, it is possible to travel back in time, to any place, any era. Where would people go? Would they zoom to a 2005 Saturday night for chips and burgers in a college courtyard, eager to schmooze with computer science majors possessing way too many brain cells?

Why not, say some students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, who have organized what they call the first convention for time travelers.

Actually, they contend that theirs is the only time traveler convention the world needs, because people from the future can travel to it anytime they want.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Party Details:

May 7, 2005, 10:00pm EDT (08 May 2005 02:00:00 UTC)

(events start at 8:00pm)
East Campus Courtyard, MIT

3 Ames St. Cambridge, MA 02142
42:21:36.025°N, 71:05:16.332°W

(42.360007,-071.087870 in decimal degrees)

Sounds more like a college joke than anything serious, but it would be cool if someone showed up...maybe John Titor?

Related News Links:
web.mit.edu

[edit on 5/6/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Oh this is too cool. LOL

Good find, and thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Party Details:

May 7, 2005, 10:00pm EDT (08 May 2005 02:00:00 UTC)

(events start at 8:00pm)
East Campus Courtyard, MIT

3 Ames St. Cambridge, MA 02142
42:21:36.025°N, 71:05:16.332°W

(42.360007,-071.087870 in decimal degrees)

The event location is bound to be underwater by "now."

That's why "UFO's" show up in midwestern fields people.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have just travelled to May 9, and can confirm that a great time was had by all.

Sanc'.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Time travel
What a joke it is impossible to travel forward in time sine it does not yet exist

Now with that said, sanctum kindly explain how you got to May 9,2005 and back.

Can we see a picture of your time machine?????

I did not think so. Next.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Now with that said, sanctum kindly explain how you got to May 9,2005 and back.
Can we see a picture of your time machine?????

Shots, sorry for the delay. I was just sleeping off the post party hang-over.

Sanc'.
j/k

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wouldn't the party have been more fun if you didn't get there two days late? Or did you go to drain the glasses and eat stale chips?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Wouldn't the party have been more fun if you didn't get there two days late? Or did you go to drain the glasses and eat stale chips?

'probe, i can assure you i wasn't late for the party. I was late getting back due to a traffic jam in the
space/time continuum.

Remember all, don't drink and "tardis".

Sanc'.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How cool would that be if someone showed up!!

At any rate, that's reason enough for me to have a beer (or two) this weekend

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I would travel back and attend next week but I ran out of instant coffee to use in the microwave / time machine. Thats what Steven Wright claims would happen anyway

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is a repeat post as there is an older thread on this topic on ATS but still it should be fun. I'll try and make it to the event and then report back on the fun.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Lol. Well ladies and gentlement starting from May 9th the space time continium will probably be ruined. J/K. I wonder how many people will actually attend.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
As a current MIT student, I am actually amazed that I found out about this from mainstream media sources before hearing about it from students. It's part of the MIT culture, we're a little wacky, but it's all in good fun. No one is really expecting anything to happen, but if it does, this is the best place for it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks For The Warning

If they want time travelers to attend, they should give more warning.

I mean, how do they expect time travelers to make it on time if they don't give them a little advance notice?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Time travelers have plenty of notice, I mean if time travel isn't invented for another 1000 years, then they have at least 1000 years notice.

new topics

top topics

join