It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Explosion At British Consulate In New York

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
However, since it was 'two grenades', that itself sounds like the dual attack method of al qaida.

I don't think two glorified firecrackers going off in a single flowerpot can really be considered a 'dual attack'.

[edit on 5/5/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
According to FOX News, the police are now questioning a foreign national in possible connection to the consulate bombing, but have not yet called him a suspect or arrested him.

UPDATE:

The man being held by the police is a citizen of the Netherlands who works for the UN. He was seen around the scene of the attack and may have suffered a slight injury.

[edit on 5/5/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

By Shots Also Kegs fast response in posting it here only 13 minutes after it happens makes me wonder if he was aware this was going to happen

Ahaha! Yes, and it's all coming together beautifully! Next, a firecracker in a dustbin, then..... the world!

Na, I heard it on the radio first and posted without a link till one came up. Its was a BBC station though. Just goes to show sometimes the radio can still beat the net.

As for the election, the polls close at 10pm and the first results won't be in till around 11.30 to midnight BST.

It's a virtual shoo in for Blair though. He'll lose some seats (probably quite a few) but he'll still be there tomorrow.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wonder if more of these small events will become more frequent in the near future.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I wonder if more of these small events will become more frequent in the near future.

according to kegs plan it would appear so.

Ahaha! Yes, and it's all coming together beautifully! Next, a firecracker in a dustbin, then..... the world!

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Seems it's a Dutch national being questioned. They don't have a motive yet either, except the fact that it so happens to be election day there.

www.newschannel4.com has live video right now of the Commissioner's press conference.

Confirmed to be grenade with firecracker fuse attached.

Two devices, one pineapple, one smooth ended.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by Djarums]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It appears that the Dutch guy didn't have anything to do with it. He appeared on the scene shortly after the blasts, broke through a barrier and refused to follow police instructions, so was taken in for questioning. It appears now he was just a drunk spectator and was released by the police with no charges.

[edit on 5/6/2005 by djohnsto77]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join