It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we may never be told the truth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
President Harry S. Truman signed a finding that basically said that no one (including a chief executive) was to be in possession of, or disclose any sensitive classified information without a "need to know". The directive was secretly implemented without the consent or knowledge of the Congress and concealed by the wording of the National Security Act of 1947 which prohibits disclosing classified matters without presidential approval and prior agreement by the Department of Defense and the CIA as amended in later national security acts.

*So what this means is even the President of the United States doesn't know much at all if anything about the truth of UFOs and ETs because he doesn't even have access to it!!!!! It's a very select group of people who deal with this. And these people hold such power, they don't want to let go of it. It's more complicated than you think.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Even then, how do they not know what truth is and isn't.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We have laws in Britain to recieve information disclosed that is at least fifty years old. People in Britain have gone through court to get their hands on this top secret information.

We should all be regarded as equalls, and we should all be entitled to know the truth. How dare anyone tell us what we can and can't know
Raaaaarrrrrrrrr!!! It makes me see red i tell you

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well I believe that classification of secret air craft is a good thing, and if that's all Area 51 is used for fine. I simply think the security is too tight and people have seen too many odd things there for it just to be a place to develope air craft.

Second, I believe no government should hide information about other intelligence in the universe. We have just as much of a right to know as them. It's not a national security issue. But I think the thing is that they don't really care if we know about the existence of other intelligent life in the universe, what they do care about is keep the technologies they've gained from them secret, so exposing that they're real will do just that. SO they say nothing at all.......

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Plausible deniability is strong, even an act of congress may only put a dent into finding out the truth. The only way we'll get any answers is to awaken those who still believe in the disinformation and debunkery that was started under project Blue Book. Use credible resources, such as those found in the DISCLOSURE PROJECT. Military, Police, and Government Officials have authority and credibility in Global Societies. Maybe just enough to get people to question their beliefs in something WE all feel is true. The more the global consciousness is stirred, the truth is bound to rise to the top.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
From Truman's farewell speech--Interesting..

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence-economic, political, even spiritual-is felt in every city, every state house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Actually, although this is a completely valid point, I disagree as to it being the reason we may never be told the truth. Its all in how the issue is spun: we would need to convince the powers that be that there is a reasonable need to know basis, and that the need to know is greater than the need to keep it secret. We can make a tremendous case for the knowledge being of benefit to humanity. That's not where the problem lies.

The problem is being able to prove that there is something of an extraterrestrial nature being kept secret. Until then, it's only a matter of our word vs. theirs, and its really simple to make us look like delusional idiots or misinformed observers. The best we can do right now is say that they're hiding something from us. It can't be proven what nature it is. The Roswell Case is an excellent example of how any argument can unfold. Someone says its a flying saucer. No, it's just a weather balloon. But what about....? Okay, its not a weather balloon, it's a top secret monitoring balloon, and the aliens are dummies from another project; people got their timeframes mixed up. Whether we believe the stories or not, the government has the ability to make great covers for everything, and when holes are found they fall back on "it's a top secret project; that's all we can say."

In order to get the government to state the truth as we see it, we would have to prove beyond doubt that they are hiding extraterrestrial technology. And no matter what we find out, they can always show a paper trail that shows the earthly nature of whatever they have. IMO, that's why we may never be told the truth. At least not by the government.

Then again, the flip side of it is that maybe they are telling the truth. Maybe they aren't hiding anything, but we won't believe it because we're already so sold on the idea that they have all the secrets. Maybe they're just as clueless as the rest of us, or maybe just slightly more informed. Maybe there is no higher echelon that has all the answers. I don't know if I believe that or not, but I know I don't see anything they could tell me that I'd trust other than "Yes, we have them, we have had them since the 40's." I admit that's not a very open minded way of looking at it, but looking at it as there is no conspiracy makes me think I've been brainwashed...

My head's starting to hurt...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think that the Pres. is just a figurehead on the political scene yeilding much power to those who lurk in the dark...and that's just about the way the way they want to keep us. I feel that our govt. here in the U.S. knows a lot more than it is letting on to. My best guess is that with information of this sort, it may well create mass hysteria and a general breakdown of the civilized world. I must also add that we as a people have the right to know just what the hell is going on in D.C. and in other areas of our govt. If we do have credible evidence of ET's here on planet Earth or in our near vicinity of the Universe we should be told. It is quite possible that they may be here to either help us or to do us harm. In this case, the govt. must feel compelled to hide such info. for our own well-being. It is a tight rope to balance on especially without a safty net.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
. It is quite possible that they may be here to either help us or to do us harm. In this case, the govt. must feel compelled to hide such info. for our own well-being. It is a tight rope to balance on especially without a safty net.

Just one problem with that line of thinking, If they were here to harm us why not masacre this under developed, pre space colonizing species. Why from a superior vantage point, in combat, would you give a species you want to harm, a chance of rebelling?

I guess with hypothetic questions come others, ie perhaps these aliens don't want to be seen by the other species out there to be doing harm to a infant species etc..... So I'll try not to go there.

I don't believe the govts are in cahoots with a malevolent species, unless of course, they are trading humans for tech in which case - we will never now.. like where we are at now.

The whole spin factory is too powerful and has done its job better than expected. Its got us all so confused we don't know were to turn for truth because we doubt everything to do with this topic because......... we need to see it with our own eyes.

You just can't rule out anything, as crazy as it sounds.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by one_small_step]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Maybe we will NEVER know the truth because of the very simple fact that they who handle, manage and contain the truth don't think that we "can't handle the truth!"

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well you have done your homework. Suppose the thing of it might be why..is this secrecy still going on decades later?

Dallas

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
well meshuggah,

perhaps the "truth" is a bit tough to swallow .

as john lear puts it ;

myweb.tiscali.co.uk...

if this is/was true , would you REALLY want to know ?

I found his comments, interesting, eerie , and very disturbing.

do I believe it ? let's just say, I believe we're being decieved, but by whom , and what exactly, remains to be seen.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Your brain's capability to integrate new knowledge is limited to the laws of association. You have to be able to associate a new truth to an existing truth. What truths did you have at birth which all other truths have been linked to the source programming in you. Instincts. Instincts are the truths you have to begin with. And Instincts are the truths you take for granted are truth, those encoded strands of information are the basis of your personality and identity. But what if those instincts were not correct information.
I could continue to spell it out for you. But you would not believe me.

So I offer you this advice:
Ask the logical question.
Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question.
Find the answer.
Ask the next logical question.
Find the answer.
Continue this process until you are faced with the last logical question.
Every essence of your personality and identity stem from?
Your last opinion will precede the truth.

new topics

top topics

join