It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 13 Year Old Girl in Florida Granted Abortion by Courts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgtjdc
Would this discussion change if she was raped?

No Life is LIFE.....And there are Fine Adoptive Parents RIGHT NOW waiting for children.......Granted it would be hard carrying a child know you were violated BUT its not the Childs fault the Child is the MOST innocent person involved in this sucking an Infants Brain out and Disecting it a Lim at a time because the Father was a A rapeist would be UNACCEPTABLE to me....

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976

No Life is LIFE.....And there are Fine Adoptive Parents RIGHT NOW waiting for children.......Granted it would be hard carrying a child know you were violated BUT its not the Childs fault the Child is the MOST innocent person involved in this sucking an Infants Brain out and Disecting it a Lim at a time because the Father was a A rapeist would be UNACCEPTABLE to me....

Uh, sucking a fetus' brain out is only done in third trimester abortions, and happens to be ILLEGAL in most states. This girl is just entering her second trimester, which means the fetus is about the size of a kidney bean. Abortions at this stage are either performed with the use of RU486 or a simple invasive procedure in which the fetus is removed with forceps. In most places, brain extraction and partial birth abortions are illegal.

At the beginning of the second trimester, the fetus is quite incapable of surviving outside of the mother's body, and therefore, in my opinion, and the opinion of the law, not yet a human. This is why abortion is legal up until the third trimester, when the fetus is sufficiently developed enough to live outside of the mother's body. Once the fetus enters the third timester, and can survive outside of the mother's body is the same point at which abortion becomes illegal, because the fetus is then considered a human.

And if there's so many parents willing to adopt children, then why are the child services offices in just about every state overflowing with children? Why is this 13 year old girl living as a ward of the state, having been abandoned by her parents at age 9? Lots of adoption going on there.

The notion of a pregnant 13 year old girl is unacceptable to me. At least this child was intelligent enough to realize she shouldn't be having a child. That's more common sense than a lot of adults have.

And yes, according to Florida State Law, the age of consent is 16. Therefore, for this little girl to be pregnant at age 13, she was legally raped, whether the act was consentual or not.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Since there has been some debate as to whether or not this girl was actually granted the abortion, here's a few more news articles supporting that she did, in fact, get the abortion:

news.bbc.co.uk...
premium.cnn.com...
news.yahoo.com...
news.yahoo.com... (story #2)
www.palmbeachpost.com...
www.lifesite.net...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thanks obsidian for bringing the age of consent is the same as GA, after all I raised my teens here in GA, so both of them carried with them since junior high a littler card with the laws about what is considered "consensual sex"

I don't have to worry anymore they are both over 18, but I have to keep an eye with my son, due to the fact that one of his friends is in jail at age 19 because a 14 year old girl parents accuse him of molesting their daughter.

And the girl agree with it.

The funny thing is that his father is a children's parole officer in the city he said that it was not prove of it, but the law is the law.

If the girl said it happen it happen.

So is a fine line and its enforced.

I still believe that is not more fuss about the 13 year old girl in florida because the state knows that it happen under their care and they are liable.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Thanks obsidian for bringing the age of consent is the same as GA, after all I raised my teens here in GA, so both of them carried with them since junior high a littler card with the laws about what is considered "consensual sex"

Wow, that's kind of messed up.

Originally posted by marg6043
I still believe that is not more fuss about the 13 year old girl in florida because the state knows that it happen under their care and they are liable.

There is TOO MUCH damn fuss about it in my opinion. What are her state-paid caretakers "liable" for? I don't understand, are you inferring from all that you have read about this case that somebody owes somebody some money or something?

I will ask again what I asked earlier: it sounds to me like you think she should be put in jail so that she doesn't have the chance to run away. Is this what you think?

For a 13 year old having sex, it's only (EDIT) "statutory" rape if the other party is 15 or older, here in Texas. It's probably the same in Florida.

Zip

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Given all the crap that seems to happen in my state, and in the interest of preserving all of humanity, any terrorists now have my full permission to wipe Florida off the map!

Kidding of course....(at least until my family and I can leave...
)

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
she shouldve kept her legs closed or accept responsibility, but she just got the easy way out of something she did, no wonder society is going to crap, cant even be responsible anymore.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Gazrok

I'd be more worried about hurricanes or maybe earthquake produced tidal waves, the only thing that Florida has that might interest terrorist would be the space center, wouldn't it....
why would they want to wipe out a bunch of old people....solve our social security problem?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Namehere, she is 13, she is either old enough to choose both or to young to choose both. Also, what god died and made you Lord of the Jews?(jesus) Maybe you worry about you, she worries about herself, and the country will continue going.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
she shouldve kept her legs closed or accept responsibility, but she just got the easy way out of something she did, no wonder society is going to crap, cant even be responsible anymore.

So it would have been more responsible of her to try and bring the child into this world, knowing that she couldn't care for it, and knowing that it would likely become a ward of the state, suffering through the same misfortunes she is? That's no way to raise a child. I think the fact that she requested the abortion was FAR more responsible than carrying the child to term. She accepted responsibility for her actions and possible consequences. She took it upon herself to deal with it as she saw fit. Never once did she accuse someone else of anything. She did what she did, and she took responsibility for dealing with it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join