It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien Agenda? - Containment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I was thinking on this today, and it struck me as a possible agenda that would fit the actions reported...

According to accounts:

1. They've repeatedly invaded our airspace.
2. Snooped around defense installations.
3. Evaded intercepts.
4. Desire secrecy.
5. Abducted citizens, possibly livestock for study.
6. Deactivated defense systems.
7. Interfered with space missions.
8. Been observed during space missions.

etc. etc.

Also, they haven't invaded, or made themselves known publicly as friends either. I've found it rather odd that decades ago we were able to put a man on the moon, but yet we haven't ventured further in space, instead sending robotic probes instead. I wonder if our development of the A-Bomb sent a ripple through space/time, sending out a wakeup call of sorts, and if we're simply being monitored and contained, until we can "grow up" galactically speaking...??? Surely this isn't an original idea, but lately, it seems more and more logical, and answers all the questions... Either that or I'm just HOPING that is the case...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
According to the Dulce story (I know you think it's b.s. Gaz), we were never meant to venture to the stars. It seems more and more like our space program is being sabotaged from the inside. There is something going on up there that we are not supposed to have anything to do with. Why haven't we gone back to the moon? I think we're not being allowed to. Just my opinion.

Peace

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, that's certainly a more comforting thought.

To think that we are only being "contained" until we're mature enough not to venture out with the intent to blow up everything in site... We're like little kids with fire-crackers; and our parents won't let us leave the yard.

Well, it's much more appealing than the theories that we are destined to be slaves. Sounds almost too good to be true.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Maybe there's an internal alien government that runs everything and we are just starting to realize it ,why not there sighted everywhere.We are being prept for somthing astounding.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I see the possiblity of containment as a very valid hypothesis.
I, like CloudlessKnight, see it as good parenting, if that analogy can be made.
I think that that actions of just our government alone, as exhibited for the past seven years and certainly before, are indicative of an unrully teenager that can't be trusted.
Just as we, as parents, prevent our children from doing things that other people would kill them for, I also find it appealing to think in those terms.
Norad tracks as many as 500, "fastwalkers", entering our atmosphere each year, from deep space locations. Invasion and anniliation would certainly be within their capacity. Thankfully it hasn't happened, yet.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
Just as we, as parents, prevent our children from doing things that other people would kill them for, I also find it appealing to think in those terms.

It would actually be for our own good.

Think, if we went into space and messed with the wrong species, they'd get pissed off and probably just annihilate us. In this case, it's not that they're afraid that we are a possible threat to other races, they'd just be trying to keep us out of trouble for our own sakes.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I imagine that we, humans, will remain 'contained' or imprisoned, as Gazrok has alluded to, given the continuing interest in: proliferating Nuclear Weapons and or creation of Nuclear Reactors that will further degrade the planetary environment; ongoing acts of Terrorism, Torture and War; Killing of Military and Civilian populations by all sides of humanity upon humanity and of course upon many species of life throughout nature. This shouldn't be taken as an ultimate doom scenario, but rather that, if we are actually being 'contained' by ET/Aliens, we must use our ability to change our thinking and behaviours in present terms. Perhaps then we will break free from such 'containment'.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Also oddly enough, we know practically nothing about the universe around us. I've heard it put this way before,

"We don't know how the universe we live in works, and we are surrounded by stuff we can't see [dark matter], that operates by methods we don't understand."

Perhaps the dark matter that we can't see is hidden from our view as part of this containment policy. Theoretically we can only see 10% of the matter that is out there anyways.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why would they not want us spreading through the Galaxy? Hell we can send missionaries to convert them to the one true god (which ever one it is) at Gun point, make the Grey's put some freaking clothes on for gods sake, the Muslims can blow them up if they are circumcised, the jews can if they arent, we can put Wal-Marts and Macdonalds on every street corner of every planet.

And if they dont like it we have had millions of years pratice at killing anything that messes with us.

Whats not to love about us?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well I do think that containment could be part of an alien agenda, it still doesn't answer why they don't come out and tell us this. If they are not going to allow us to venture into space till we grow up, why not make it clear to everyone, then it might happen. Why keep it a secret, or possibly only tell a few that are in power? Keeping it a secret would only prolong the growing pains.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Well I do think that containment could be part of an alien agenda, it still doesn't answer why they don't come out and tell us this. If they are not going to allow us to venture into space till we grow up, why not make it clear to everyone, then it might happen. Why keep it a secret, or possibly only tell a few that are in power? Keeping it a secret would only prolong the growing pains.

Probably some sort of 'non-intervention' law. Maybe they want us to evolve naturally without external stimuli. Intervening may have some adverse side effects we aren't yet aware of.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
Probably some sort of 'non-intervention' law. Maybe they want us to evolve naturally without external stimuli. Intervening may have some adverse side effects we aren't yet aware of.

Possibly, but then flying around, abducting people, raising all kinds of a ruckus, is also interfering. Don't you think?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
Probably some sort of 'non-intervention' law.

Agreed... but with the clause that 'no harm shall be inflicted by the beings of planet Earth' and therefore the only 'intervention' or actually 'prevention' on Alien/Et's part would mean 'containment' of humans on Earth.

Interesting theory
Now all we have to do is GROW UP!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Possibly, but then flying around, abducting people, raising all kinds of a ruckus, is also interfering. Don't you think?

I agree Hal. Abductions, implants, and cattle mutilations???? Doesn't sound like non-intervention to me. The non-intervention theory is too Star Trek. The nature of the universe is more sinister than that I believe.

Peace

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The non-intervention theory is too Star Trek.

That was the "Prime Directive" if memory serves. But I think it is impossible to tell what their agenda is, without knowing more about how they think. We try to apply human intentions into their reasons. But it could be something entirely different.

I wonder if they are checking on other species on other planets? Is it just us they are interested in? Some believe they are influencing our advancement, but I think this could be better accomplished with disclosure.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why keep it a secret, or possibly only tell a few that are in power? Keeping it a secret would only prolong the growing pains.

I believe this has to do with the accidental acquiring of alien tech by some powers. If either the aliens, or the government, allow the recovery of alien tech to become a known fact, versus a theory, then the lengths that other powers would go to to obtain it would be frightening indeed, for all involved. It's also like a child behaving when the parent is in the room, but acting up the moment they are gone. If the theory is correct, perhaps it's more likely that they want to see us mature to that point without a looming galactic parental figure. They they'll KNOW we are ready.

I've long been a proponent of "the aliens want something, and it isn't good", so I've been trying to think of a logical circumstance against an evil agenda (as they don't seem to wish invasion), but that also fits the rather unkind acts reported.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I believe this has to do with the accidental acquiring of alien tech by some powers. If either the aliens, or the government, allow the recovery of alien tech to become a known fact, versus a theory, then the lengths that other powers would go to to obtain it would be frightening indeed, for all involved. It's also like a child behaving when the parent is in the room, but acting up the moment they are gone. If the theory is correct, perhaps it's more likely that they want to see us mature to that point without a looming galactic parental figure. They they'll KNOW we are ready.

Yeah, there is some sense to this, maybe because of the crash at Roswell, as well as the use of atomic weapons, they are supervising us. Maybe this has never happened to them before, and they feel responsible. Although, again this is inferring that they have the same intentions as humans.

But for disclosure, I was speaking more for the aliens to disclose to the world that they exist, instead of the government. I doubt the govt. will ever do this. But if the aliens want us to clean up our act, they are in the best position to tell us. But they haven't yet. So to me, their agenda is still a mystery, but this is an excellent topic to discuss.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I may have some bias becuase of my own experiance , but it seems to me that the Aliens could do a better job of maintaining secrecy by being less obvious ! IMO I think that the Aliens don't care that our Milliary whats to keep their presence secret!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Take a kid, put him in a room, and put a black box on the other side of the room. See what the kid does...he may go over to it, he may not. But, now tell that kid he CANNOT go over to that box under any cirmumstances, and what does that kid do? I guarantee you as soon as he thinks your gone, he's going over to that black box.

Maybe they don't come out and tell us that we are being contained because it's easy to contain something that doesn't realize they are being contained.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Maybe they don't come out and tell us that we are being contained because it's easy to contain something that doesn't realize they are being contained.

This would be under the assumption that they never want us to grow up and venture into space. Because with my experience training people, you have to tell individuals what they did wrong when they make mistakes. Otherwise, they will never learn. If you don't tell them, and hope they figure it out themselves, then your not doing your job properly.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join