It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien Agenda? - Containment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, if they were planning on telling us when we make mistakes and tell us how to fix them, they certainly aren't telling the right people.
We continue to make the same mistakes we have been making for thousands of years, with the hope that eventually we will cosmically "wake up" and see that peace and love is the only way. Sorry, but I think they wish to have nothing to do with our learning process. If they do, then they aren't very good teachers.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't think those scary little jerks are doing any kind of "parenting" around this planet. If anything they're screwing with us or at best using us for some end of their own.

I don't think we mean much to them when you consider the events involved in most abduction scenarios. They aren't too nice. Not too parental either.

I think we should fear them and pray to God to send a friendly race our way to defend us or directly intervene himself. F the aliens.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Amuk wrote:
the Muslims can blow them up if they are circumcised, the jews can if they arent

sorry for the late response to this, but would like to point out....muslims DO get circumcised actually.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
>>Also, they haven't invaded, or made themselves known publicly as friends either. I've found it rather odd that decades ago we were able to put a man on the moon, but yet we haven't ventured further in space, instead sending robotic probes instead. I wonder if our development of the A-Bomb sent a ripple through space/time, sending out a wakeup call of sorts, and if we're simply being monitored and contained, until we can "grow up" galactically speaking...??? Surely this isn't an original idea, but lately, it seems more and more logical, and answers all the questions... Either that or I'm just HOPING that is the case...

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It could be that our rate of development is uneven, in their eyes. Our exponential advancement in technology far outweighs our spiritual advancement, so they see us as unfit to yet move on. We may just be a bit terrifying. After all, if at this point in our evolution we were given advanced technology, what exactly do you think we'd do with it? That's right... try to conquer everyone else because we feel threatened and probably kill ourselves in the process.

However comforting this theory is, I'm still leaning towards the idea that they're not here for our sake.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A great thread, and agreed, very well proposed.

For the first time in a long time, if ever, an actual feasible answer. Not saying it`s correct of course, i mean who knows?
But if you do all the research on this vast subject, this is one that needs careful thought, consideration, and at least a more interest in this theory!

Love to hear some more intelligent replies, regarding this!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

by mpeake
Sorry, but I think they wish to have nothing to do with our learning process. If they do, then they aren't very good teachers.

This was my point. This is why I don't think they are helping us. So the containment hypothesis only works if the alien's agenda is to keep us from extending our insanity any further.

by CloudlessKnight
if at this point in our evolution we were given advanced technology, what exactly do you think we'd do with it? That's right... try to conquer everyone else because we feel threatened

Isn’t what we are doing now? I believe because of recovered technology from the Roswell crash, America has had an advantage over other countries. So what do we do with it? Enlighten the rest of the world? No, we invade Iraq on false pretenses.

IMHO, I believe they don’t consider us to be a respectable species and do as they please. They don’t want to invade, or else they would have already. They don’t plan on helping us grow up. So containment while studying us is probably as reasonable an explanation that there is. So I guess it is up to us to grow up on our own. They are not going to provide the answers for us.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

Amuk wrote:
the Muslims can blow them up if they are circumcised, the jews can if they arent

sorry for the late response to this, but would like to point out....muslims DO get circumcised actually.

My bad

So Muslims, Jews and Americans ALL get Circumcised?

Do you think it could explain some of their hostility?

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

This was my point. This is why I don't think they are helping us. So the containment hypothesis only works if the alien's agenda is to keep us from extending our insanity any further.

That is EXACTLY my hypothesis, a hands off approach, and there just to keep us from spreading like a Virus, but also from vanishing as a curious species of study. I have the feeling that they'd only intervene if absolute extermination was eminent...and WWIII may NOT apply....

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Question is: how do you get approximately 6 billion people on board and growing up?!

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why would they bother to contain us? If they have the ability to conduct instellar space travel they would be so far advanced of us we would be nothing to them. If they considered us any type of threat they could simply elimnate us at will.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think DR LOVE hit on the sinister aspect. Consider this:
Do cattle realize they are contained? Do Cattle realize why they are being bred, fed, taken care of by Vets. Do cattle realize that in a short time they will be in somebodys stomach? I don't think so.

I think humans are also food. Maybe not in the same sence as cattle. I think that there is an interdeminsional race that uses human suffering the same way humans use drugs or alcohol. They get off on our pain. They foster wars, hunger, racial hatred, blood sports, even political unrest. This planet should be paradice. Something stops the natural love that we would exihibit if we were just left alone, I think our pain/drug has a name;
It's LOOSH.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have no idea what the actual agenda of the aliens may be.
I've never met one, nor have I seen a UFO, ghost, bigfoot, or anything else.
I believe ET life exist and may be here, by virtue of the probability numbers involved.
However I think that an analysis of the posts in this thread, goes a long way toward the question of why they haven't made themselves openly known. Half of us sound pretty hostile even though we've never had a personal experience with them ourselves.
We don't, I'm taking for granted, even have a person close to us that has had an alien anal probe in them or any of those things, we've read about.
We've only read about it.
If we as a race are so easily swayed and moved towards dogmatic belief, as we seem to be, then maybe we aren't really worth actual contact? Maybe they've tried the direct approach and what they got, is what we read about the government being involved in, that we read about and now they aren't sure just how to approach us as a people.

[edit on 3-5-2005 by freddieb]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't mean to seem pessimistic but the implications that aliens are keeping something from us are all bad, here is how I see it,

Aliens would hide their presence from us because:

1) We are too stupid of a race to be trusted with the knowledge of a world outside our own

2) The knowledge of the aliens existance would make things worse and they know that

3) The aliens have a sinister agenda

4) We are being tested and observed to see how we react to everything (in that case a lot of humans fail)

5) There are good aliens and bad aliens, the bad aliens do bad things and the good aliens are just in hiding keeping the bad aliens at bay and making it seem like there are no aliens at all (this one is bad because that means there are malevolent creatures that are smarter than humans and they aren't nice at all)

6) We've all been spiritually neutered somehow, while the aliens are spiritual creatures so we can't even percieve what they are.

[edit on 5/3/2005 by lockheed]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I prefer to believe it's study and not containment. I know that E.T.'s visiting from distant worlds would have to be much, much more technologicaly advanced than us but is that the only form of high intelligence in the universe or the only sign of it anyway? Who's to say we don't fascinate the crap out of an alien culture? I'm sure we make great "reality t.v." and besides look at the diversity of our species and it's forms of art and communication, that might be extremely rare in the universe.

On the other hand U.F.O's have been reported to mess with defense installations and so far I have'nt heard of any greys trying to vote on American Idol.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Maybe they do protect us to an extent.

Take Tunguska for example, we sure are extremly lucky that object vaporized mysteriously, instead of impacting the Earth !

If that had not been the case would we be here having this chat?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Maybe they do protect us to an extent.

Take Tunguska for example, we sure are extremly lucky that object vaporized mysteriously, instead of impacting the Earth !

If that had not been the case would we be here having this chat?

If it was EBEs, they were most likely protecting their interests with this planet, not ours. It's possible that we could be their interest... A material interest.

Originally posted by lockheed
6) We've all been spiritually neutered somehow, while the aliens are spiritual creatures so we can't even percieve what they are.

I like that one. The analogy, that is; not being neutered. We could actually turn this one into a completely new thread... Natural humans should be more spiritually aware. Look at animals. Primative, yet more psychically aware than we are. It's like we're evolving backwards and forwards at the same time. If we're supposed to be advancing, we should be becoming more spiritually aware, not less spiritually aware.

Is it possible that ET is doing something to "weed out" our psychic abilities in order to keep us blinded and less aware? Maybe through breeding less psychic humans by tampering with our genetics?

That would be a very cruel form of containment. Definitely not something a 'benevolent' race would do.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I was thinking on this today, and it struck me as a possible agenda that would fit the actions reported...

According to accounts:

1. They've repeatedly invaded our airspace.
2. Snooped around defense installations.
3. Evaded intercepts.
4. Desire secrecy.
5. Abducted citizens, possibly livestock for study.
6. Deactivated defense systems.
7. Interfered with space missions.
8. Been observed during space missions.

etc. etc.

Also, they haven't invaded, or made themselves known publicly as friends either. I've found it rather odd that decades ago we were able to put a man on the moon, but yet we haven't ventured further in space, instead sending robotic probes instead. I wonder if our development of the A-Bomb sent a ripple through space/time, sending out a wakeup call of sorts, and if we're simply being monitored and contained, until we can "grow up" galactically speaking...??? Surely this isn't an original idea, but lately, it seems more and more logical, and answers all the questions... Either that or I'm just HOPING that is the case...
Oh wow... yes...

This hit a weird pin on the head... young race... bit yo immature to handle what else is out there.

Plausable, but I like...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well if containment is the agenda of the aliens, then there are certain implications that come with it.

What is the containment border? Obviously we are allowed to go into orbit and send probes out to other parts of the Solar System, but what about going back to the Moon and later to Mars? If our government knows their agenda, and this is why we haven’t been back to the Moon, then why would they make new plans to go back to the Moon and later Mars?

If we do attempt to send men to the Moon or Mars, what will the aliens do? Will they abduct the craft and occupants, never to be seen again? Will they destroy the craft and kill the occupants?

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Cloudless Night, I like your comment on being aware and spiritually ready/able. Maybe the whole point of their observation/study of us is to help further our abilities that are dormant within us. It would be a very good thread to start. We are a rapidly changing species, and our planet along with us. I, for one, do not believe in a terrible direction. Our children(the Indigos/Violets/Crystals) are not going to put up with the crap we have on this planet. Thus our Elevation to a higher/new awareness. Then, and only then, do I believe we will meet our Neighbors/Cousins that are waiting.

I also believe their are those species that do not want us to advance ourselves to that point. They try to put fear and frustration "out" there to hide what they are doing to stop the advancement of our race. I don't know what that is..or how they are going about it, but I do believe there are those species out there helping us, who love us, and will do all in their power to move us along.

With Respect,

APOTT

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join