It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Centauri surface

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I still think he means Clementine, and the moon pics. There's no way we'd have pics of a planet around another star, closeup enough to see forests, etc. right now....

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
BTW we never landed men on mars, and dont give me that "yeah, thats what they want you to think" crap.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Trustnone]

He said "men or machines on either surface" read again. Of course he doesn't mean men on mars. Just blame it on his laziness to type a sentence fully...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am with you on this because there is evidence to sujest that there where UFO's around in the Ancient times. A computer was found dating back to ancient greece by archeologists for gods sake and that is fact not fiction.
It is more than plausable that there is technology out there that has broken the speed of light. Its simply getting the right mathematical laws of physics and away we go!

This is not impossible. IF Aliens are here who is to say they haven't helped our governments along. They are not going to tell us in a hurry are they because they wouldn't want our allies to find out for one and they would'nt want mass hysteria for two.

Anyway folks the truth always comes out in the end.
You have scientifically minded (Mr Johnathun Tickle) and the Open minded he he he

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was curious by the above posters statement of an ancient Greek computer.

here is a link for the others who didn't know about this.

Ancient Computer

I am confused by the original post, I didn't know that scientists had named any planets from other solar systems yet (except for long winded alphanumeic indecipheale ones). I understand alpha centauri is a star (and a good older video game), are there confirmed planets there?

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the link - I had no idea. I thought you were going to pull out pix of an abacus

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I just wanted to update this thread from ten years ago. The future is now! We have discovered over 500 exoplanets in the last few years with the kibler telescope, and discovering about 100+/3mths now. We have learned that many planets exist on average per star. Yes per star! Estimated 500 Billion+ stars just in our galaxy alone, and we have recorded over 950 Billion Galaxies in 0.0000000000001% of the known universe so far.

As for remote viewing close ups of other planets. I believe that tech is classified but possible now. We have rovers on Mars and flyby's of Ceres with amazing details.

But to get such a telescope, I would use gravitational lensing technology as seen now with looking into the night sky from other stars that warps and zoom the light around them to see father beyond.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theRiverGoddess
Alpha Centari IS a star.....Personally I have never heard of ANY forrested stars, kinda HOT for that dont you think?

........................just sayin
it's true that it is a star or rather three nearby stars and many stars not so nearby related only by thier visual aspect from earth making them part of the centaur constellation. of the three nearby stars two have had claims of detection of planets by astronomers. alpha centauri b and alpha proxima. both are disputed but that is the way a lot of planetary claims start and even end; for example Barnards star was once though to have a planet.

Alpha Centauri B b is disputed but if it exists it is so close to it's parent star that it's surface would be molten. any critters living there would also have to be able to survive being molten.

Alpha Centauri b is a K type star. So it is very close to our own sun in all particulars even though our sun is a G type. they are close enough that you could not tell and different effects if earth orbited that star instead. It'd probably take scrutiny by scientific instruments to figure it out that something was off about the sun.

anyway as those two stars angular separation widens over the next few years many astronomers are going to be looking using modern instruments and techniques. So if there are planets there there is a good chance we will find them this time around.

Alpha Centauri A is a type G2 to Sol's G4 (I'm a G-4 baby!) it is actually slightly more massive and 50 percent more luminous than our own sun. which would mean probably it's goldilocks zone is wider or at least begins further out than our suns.

Alpha Centauri B is a k type. slightly cooler and slightly less massive than our sun. K stars are typically more orangeish than g type stars.

Alpha Proxima is a M type red dwarf. much smaller and cooler than our sun but like many red dwarfs is a flare star which complicates things for life there. every once in a while it bursts out with intense radiation. but red dwarfs are the must abundant type of star and (even though flaring makes life unlikely on many of them) red dwarfs are otherwise suited for planets because nearly 66 percent of them have planets statistically. not all m dwarfs are flare stars and these stars are so cool that the life zone is very very very close to the star which is where most red dwarf planets happen to be found so far.

EDIT: I meant to say also that sometimes a planet gets an informal name the same as the parent star. I could very well be that one Centauri planet would be named Centaur something. So far as I know its designation Alpha Centauri B b. But someone might refer to it as Centaur, Centaurus, Centaurus, Kent, Kentaurus, Kentaurus and appending a number afterward denoting it's orbital position WRT any other planets.
edit on 4-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rick_y_2

I like your enthusiasm. However, even if the government technology is 40 years ahead of what they are showing us, we are way longer than 40 years from having 1/2 LS technology much less FTL technology.

It wouldn't be shocking if in fact SETI has contacted ET and they aren't telling us. If pictures such as you describe exist, it probably isn't because we sent a probe. Rather, ET probably sent us a JPEG or the equivalent thereof.

If we contact on a disclosed basis ET in my lifetime and I hope we do. Receiving information that can be provided to the public, i.e. pictures, science etc. from the other world, that would be fantastic. I am 50 and doubt it happens. But, I am hopeful such disclosure would help unify human kind and provide a better perspective of our purpose and place in the cosmos.

However, I doubt this happens in my lifetime as even if we discover intelligent ET in the next 10 years, chances are they will likely be more than 10 LYs away. Then even if we can exchange a meaningful message on the first try, it will take 20 years in total to get the reply. The more likely case is it will take several tries to exchange data. So only if the government already has such a contact will it likely occur in my lifetime on a disclosed basis.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join