It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exercise is overrated?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Plus, guess what, Clint Eastwood is a libertarian, that's the epitome of sui juris, at least in movie form.

How true.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't understand, what does "Who want to live forever" mean? I thought Clint had better grammar than that.

By the way, the only reason you think people won't live longer is because you've grown accustomed to the government taking away the responsibility you have for yourself.

Hey, if you think Bush knows what's best for your body, that's your prerogative.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's not like we have a choice. The "culture of life" will have all us future vegetables hooked up to a Tom DeathDeLay 3000 one day using our brain electricity to generate power for the third world infrastructure we're currently nation building anyway.

Dare I say, “Mirthful?”

Brain electricity? Is that a "Matrix" reference? Slowly I turned... Step by step...

Vaudeville Monkeys, not just for old Three Stooges routines anymore...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
To say that exercise and nutrition matters not when evaluating the health of a person is nonsense. Genes do play a large role, such as the transfer of diseases, allergies and specific susceptibilities. But by no means does that translate to lifestyle being an insignificant factor of health. A person with cancer will be healthier if they eat right and exercise regulary. A person who is genetically prone to be obese can overcome that through the implementation of a balanced diet and exercise program.No, Mother Nature isn't fair. Some of us who partake in healthy-lifestyles will experience ailments that a person without our regard may never. Such is the dice of destiny. But you can combat those odds and increase your chances of defying fate -- by eating that bowl of stemmed broccoli (polyphenols and anti-oxidants brother!!!!) instead of chocolate cake or by playing some basketball (aerobic workout, burnt calories maybe some natural Vitamin E from the sun!!!!) instead of playing Siphon Filter all night.
I wish you all health and prosperity.....

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Kalibur]

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Bravo, Kalibar returns the topic to its original meaning instead of the poitical ramblings it devolved into.

Sure exercise won't make you live forever, but you leave a much better looking corpse.

Something will knock you out in the end but if you exercise it won't be obesity, heart disease, lung cancer, or ciroccis of the liver. And while you are still alive you sure as heck will enjoy it more.

People demand the right to live as they wish, smoke, drink, get fat , but when it leads to hospitalization they also demand that our tax dollars or medical insurance pays for their self induced illnesses.

When does laziness/smoking/alcoholism/obesity etc just become another form of suicide?

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
for everyone of them "jogged 12 miles every day and died aged 45 of a heart attack" you can find i bet i can find 20 who drank to much smoked to much who also died aged 45 of a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Heres a link to stop you having that heart attack www.paulingtherapy.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think it's alot more mental than people think...if you're exercising because you're afraid of all these threats..then you're probably more likely to have them...while if you're just living healthy because you love life...that's the best way right there..once you start living healthy, atleast for me, it can be pretty funny when thinking of the past and lifestyle I lived...never going back to that

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have a secret theory that you are born with a certain number of heartbeats. And the faster you use 'em up--the sooner you die.

My Opa (great grandfather) lived to be 97. He had a cigar, a (home-brewed) beer, and a slice of pie right before bed every night.

He could still run the bases at the family gathering when he was 85. He still rode horses til that age, too.

His mind still worked until about 94 or so. His body never did quit.

See, if you ENJOY exercise, then it IS worth it, even if you die tomorrow. If you hate to sweat, then it doesn't matter how long you live (and suffer.)

I knew a guy who was fatter than a tic, and he ate anything he ever wanted. He was also the best cook in the county. He died at the age of 62. He was opening the garage door, and massively stroked out. The doctor told his family he was dead before he hit the floor.

He loved that Jeff Foxworthy joke about the four southern food-groups: sugar, salt, grease, and tobacco.

Now, would you rather go that way, or after bicycling across the US? tough choice.

Pass the ham haws.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Weekly oxygen chamber therapy cures anything at 50m pressure 100% oxygen for a hour or 2

top topics

<< 1   >>

join