It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, folks, it's only a matter of time before a new conspiracy will be reported on by members here at ATS. Recently, with movies like The Passion and the large role religion played in the presidential election, television executives are learning something: religion sells. Already we're seeing NBC start to cash in on this as of yet untapped market with Revelations and the Dateline that investigated exorcism. Other channels are sure to follow suit; Revelations is doing very well on NBC. We can expect to see more of this type of program because, well, television stations are companies who are out to make money, and right now religion is selling.

So where's the conspiracy? There isn't one. However, I'm sure several of my fellow ATSers will start to see this influx of religious programming as a sign that there's a Christian conspiracy to take over the air waves. Television is ruled by the allmighty rating. The country has spoken, and they like religiously based programming. As a result, television will give them what they want.

So finally, in closing, I just want to do a preemptive strike on this and say there is no conspiracy!

I look forward to linking to this thread in the future

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Dude, you're so like two weeks ago. Those threads are all over. I've got one in Media & Education, DJ77 has one in Conspiracies in Religion.

For a prophecy in "other current events" you're off on both counts.

I think they even cancelled another one of those "Hiply Apocolyptic Teeniebopper" shows while you were posting this.

[edit on 2-5-2005 by RANT]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Drag...Well, the new rule is in the last 10 days, and if those threads happened 2 weeks ago...

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
bravo bravo.

...but your claiming 'no conspiracy' doesnt make it so. not really disagreeing with you, but the nutter could always take it a few strides back.... a bit of devils advocate for example;

well, television stations are companies who are out to make money, and right now religion is selling.

-and who decides what is selling this month? why religion? who told the TV stations to purchase stock in religion?

when the craze hits- and you want to start linking this thread left and right, be prepared with an answer as to WHY religion is selling.

regardless whether you're right or not, you cant claim 'no conspiracy' on grounds of 'just because'.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ahh, good question! Why is religion selling? Here's a snap theory, meaning not much thought went into it, but I think it playes at least a part in religion selling.

Religion has become the new "Explicit Lyrics" label. Everywhere you look today, people are crying out about how horrible the religious right are, how religion needs to be kept out of the public eye, and how religious "nuts" need to stop sharing their faith outside of church. It's becoming taboo in our nation at the same time both major presidential candidates ran with a lot of focus on religion. The ACLU and ACLJ butting heads all the time and making news doing so is making people curious. As a result, they check out religious programming.

Besides, any show or movie, such as The Passion, that is boycotted, picketted, and slammed on the news is a sure fire hit. Also, just like Rush Limbaugh probably has more liberal listeners than conservative listeners, I'd be willing to bet a large majority of the people watching these religious programs are watching them to make sure they don't step out of line. How many people, do you think, went to see the Passion because of its subject matter, and how many do you think went to see it to see if it really was biggotted towards Jews?

By society and groups like the ACLU making religion taboo, it's forcing people to recognize that religion is, in fact, out there, and some of them become naturally curious.

Just one aspect, I'm sure there are thousands if not millions of other reasons for religious programming becoming popular.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ah whatever, it's all part of the Dumbing down of America if you ask me. If the people can be conditioned to take mostly everything on "Faith" then that means the powers can get away with that much more as the Faithfull wage morality battles against those "horrible & immoral" Secular Humanists
The Same thing happens in Saudi Arabia every day, when/if the day comes where American's have to submit to Morality Police then you guys are no better then the Islamofacists. From my vantage point north of the boarder, it looks like the once Great USA is sliding down the slippery slope to Fundamentalism and it scares the crap out of me and pretty much everyone I know(including quite a few Moderate Conservatives).

That's just my take on it anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
the fact is that half of the people on this website are nuts anyway

they sit at their computers and think "gee i wonder what exotic conspiracy i can think up just so i can make a post" and then put something ridiculous like "gerald ford kept a pet alien in his basement" and then people go on and on about it.

while everyone may like a conspiracy, people need to realize that there are a lot more theories than there actual conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Well, folks, it's only a matter of time before a new conspiracy will be reported on by members here at ATS. Recently, with movies like The Passion and the large role religion played in the presidential election, television executives are learning something: religion sells.

The problem is alot of what is being reported about the christian religion is not true. Alot of theses shows are not showing Christ or the Bible right. And as such they are misleading about God and misleading in how to be saved and know God. The true gospel doesn't sell, so mostof it is false to make the dollars.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What kind of pet alien was it?
Why werent we told about this before???!

Are u NWO?

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
haha, yeah... religion is taking over imn the media I noticed- oh well. just like on American Dad, that new show, it had God at the bar impressing the ladies with his fire making abilities and Jesus Christ right behind him getting the limmo

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Television is ruled by the allmighty rating. The country has spoken,

Hmm.. didn't only just over half of your country get to be heared?

and they like religiously based programming. As a result, television will give them what they want.

It's called propaganda and cultural conditioning.. repeat the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and people become more tolerent of self righteous gits telling them they are going to hell. Gradual negative reinforcement.. it's like sustained chinese water torchure. I've noticed the latenight 'infomercials' are being replaced first.. in Aus it's every free to air channel that has a bible basher on it. Insomniacs who don't own a dvd palyer don't stand a chance.

To your suggestion that they are only giving them what they want.. 'let them eat Jesus.' It would be a bit hard for a christian show not to get good ratings when the only shows it's competing with are other christian shows [who all are willing to pay extra $ to get their air time even if no-one watches [at first]].. soon people won't have a choice when they change the channel because the church can pay more than other advertisers.. which is fine because they can always get the money back in the collection plate.
Don't mistake that for voluntary mass conversions.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by riley]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3

they sit at their computers and think "gee i wonder what exotic conspiracy i can think up just so i can make a post" and then put something ridiculous like "gerald ford kept a pet alien in his basement" and then people go on and on about it.

while everyone may like a conspiracy, people need to realize that there are a lot more theories than there actual conspiracies.

Actually I believe that the true nut is waiting for this post, and is already collecting evidence to prove it. But really most of the people in the UFO forum are trolls, like really some of the stuff I have read on there is just plane dumb. Now I must admitt that yes there are a good portion of legit posts....but lately they have been dumb. As well as the Secret Societies forum, 99% of the time someone is talking about the Masons and about their baby eating ways... I believe that people have given up researching a day or two on a topic before they post. I just hope that people realize that there are more than just points on ATS

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
haha, yeah... religion is taking over imn the media I noticed- oh well. just like on American Dad, that new show, it had God at the bar impressing the ladies with his fire making abilities and Jesus Christ right behind him getting the limmo

Actually that was Family Guy....Family Guy always wants to piss off somebody...Jews,Catholics,etc.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't know...

Maybe it's just that people are finally realizing that the historical accounts in the Christian version of the bible don't match up (in some ways) to the secular historical accounts so they are starting to actively wonder "which story/version should I believe?"

We, as a civilization, are starting to be more skeptical when we realize that one side has something to sell. I think, I hope, that we're beginning to see that the version that has no "profit motive" might be more accurate than the version that has everything to gain.

Look at how many of us listen to Rush Limbaugh in order to figure out which side we should not believe.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Actually, Riley my friend, it was just over 25% of the country since only about 50% of registered voters have bothered to go to the polls. Most of the others see the electoral process as having no benefits to them.

I, being a middle classs white American, 3 children, 1 has gone thru college, 1 headed there, and 1 still in high school and maker of what once was considered to be a decent income, am starting to understand why.

The conservative capitalists are managing to whord all their money in one big pile. The upper middle class in this country is now becoming middle class, the middle becoming lower middle class, and the lower middle class is slipping into poverty.

Our health care system which many call the "Greatest In The World" is becoming less and less accesible, the unions which once raised the standard of living for the middle class are now in full retreat thanks to the mantra of the right, and the American Dream is quickly disappearing for millions.

Yet, the true conspiracy is the right playing the GOD card and "morality". They won't bring up the subjects above. They continue with the mantra of divide and conquer.

Morality? Morality is a person who can not afford health insurance due to a pre existing condition having to go into a hospital and getting charged 500% more than someone with insurance. Now, these are hospitals supposedly run by Christians. Nothing, "immoral" there is there?

The right's mantra have too many working on exclusion, and worried about saving a petri dish than really working to figure out the problems we have.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am probably going to get blasted for this, but IMO, if more peole would actually read the full bible, and the DSS I think you get a pretty good picture of what Yeshua was talking about, which IMO has nothing to do with what is now considered christian.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater

Actually, Riley my friend, it was just over 25% of the country since only about 50% of registered voters have bothered to go to the polls. Most of the others see the electoral process as having no benefits to them.

Especially if the accuracy of that process is questionable.

I, being a middle classs white American, 3 children, 1 has gone thru college, 1 headed there, and 1 still in high school and maker of what once was considered to be a decent income, am starting to understand why.

The conservative capitalists are managing to whord all their money in one big pile. The upper middle class in this country is now becoming middle class, the middle becoming lower middle class, and the lower middle class is slipping into poverty.

The concept of 'working poor' infuriates me.. people work the arses off.. get as much overtime as they can and still can't make ends meet.. thats in Aus though. Apparently most of the 20 something generation will never own a home of their own.

Our health care system which many call the "Greatest In The World" is becoming less and less accesible,

Ours as well.. our government had this 'bright idea' of americanising our health care system [because america is so glorious].

the unions which once raised the standard of living for the middle class are now in full retreat thanks to the mantra of the right, and the American Dream is quickly disappearing for millions.

As is the aussie dream.. the voice of the right sure does carry.

Yet, the true conspiracy is the right playing the GOD card and "morality". They won't bring up the subjects above. They continue with the mantra of divide and conquer.

) I imagine when they do the budget for these issues they say '..we'll just let god take care of that one and redevert it to our supers'.

Morality? Morality is a person who can not afford health insurance due to a pre existing condition having to go into a hospital and getting charged 500% more than someone with insurance. Now, these are hospitals supposedly run by Christians. Nothing, "immoral" there is there?

Maybe they think if they had accepted jesus they wouldn't have been sick in the first place.
By rights.. a christian hospital should be free- I couldn't imagine Jesus charging a fee everytime he cured a lepar.

The right's mantra have too many working on exclusion, and worried about saving a petri dish than really working to figure out the problems we have.

I think you've hit on an excellent point there.. this cultural war is just a smoke screen for the real problems.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final

Originally posted by southern_cross3

Actually I believe that the true nut is waiting for this post, and is already collecting evidence to prove it. But really most of the people in the UFO forum are trolls, like really some of the stuff I have read on there is just plane dumb. Now I must admitt that yes there are a good portion of legit posts....but lately they have been dumb. As well as the Secret Societies forum, 99% of the time someone is talking about the Masons and about their baby eating ways... I believe that people have given up researching a day or two on a topic before they post. I just hope that people realize that there are more than just points on ATS

I agree. Too many people are posting from an emotional bias, than from actually doing any type of research before posting. There are trolls, but there are also those who just wait for a post so they can jump on it and tell you how stupid you are for believing >insert topic

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think everybody here pretty much agrees with each other. God is dead, and those who are in denial will try savagly to pick up where they think he left off. It's happened in every dead religion in the past, and it will happen in this one (Judeo-Christo-Islam), that's why there are so many versions of it. Problem is, there are MANY more lives at stake now than 1000 yrs. ago (none more imporatant than the other, or the ancients, but there are more poeple now, the population is bigger), and we now have MASS MEDIA, a horrible tool if used by those with world wide agendas.

The poster in this thread, I'm not sure if he was Christian or not, but he needs to realize that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. Things are done on the low, sneakily, and under handedly. That is why we have people in power in the first place!

If something happens that is overwhelming, like Christianity coming more and more on TV, people didn't choose it, the Media did. How can people have chosen if they never saw anything to choose from in the first place! And we all know that the media loves big companies, because the big companies pay them for advertising. And we all know big companies like politicians because the big companies get away with murder, literally, and the politicians do nothing about it.

Where was I? Oh yes...
Christianty has prevailed constantly through the news and other media for ages. No more no less (except when before it esited, it was less then,
). It's just been coming at a more desperate tone,
, lately.

But so far, we all seem to agree that everything is a conspiracy, that's the nature of power. What we need to do is collaborate and find the different 'truths' that can help us solve and do away with them. That's what I thought this website was for!

Edited for spelling. I hate spelling things wrong!

[edit on 14/6/2005 by FallenOne]

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The problem is, that ignorant masses like you, Fallen One, are just trying to emotionally keep your self balanced and justify yourself for your actuality, being a "fallen believer." You know, deep down inside, what the truth is, but you are so decieved by the world's ways, and your own self righteous morals that they keep you from seeing the true light.
As of now, you will deny me and say that I am false, and try to impress yourself with your pity talks of how Christ is fake, and he will never come, but the fact still remains, when he does, whether it be this lifetime or the next, when he does, you will regret the things that you said and your eyes will be opened, and see that I was right, as well as all these other christians on ATS. When the world goes into mass hysteria from babies, and people dissapearing, and hardly a church is left anywhere in the USA because the true believers went to heaven, you and everyone else who is reading this very post will realize that you were wrong. But until, then I know you will argue with me and combat me. I look forward to your very next post which will only prove me right in my statement that you cannot resist the urge to prove your own morality is right, when it isnt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join